Games Master Challenge: Knights vs Raiders Begins!

hrtbrk

49 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Oh wow! I never heard one thing about when this was going to start until now!

It was posted in the New Features news page on Neopets yesterday and GMC always starts 1 week before December 1st. ?

I went with team Knights this year!

On 11/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, charelan said:

I joined Team Knights and am just curious if anyone can tell me what the prize was for joining Team Raiders?

I joined Team Raiders!

Picture5.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

Aw, the gloves are cool.  Glad I joined the knights, though.  Well, at least I am at the moment, who knows how I'll feel with tomorrow's challenge ?

Edit:  Okay, refresh my memory, please?  How do the qualifying games work again?  Is it ANY score sent, a minimum score, or do you have to play X number on a certain day for it to count towards the progress bar?

Those gloves look cool on my Draik, is that an acceptable reason for picking a side? ?

I need to refresh my memory too, Gilly, lol. I need to get myself some more caffeine, and do some studying on this before I make any decisions, because I KNOW I'm confusing this with Daily Dare, though I am leaning towards Raiders for those gloves. :ph34r:

TEAM KNIGHTS FTW !

i struggled to get a 3000 sore in Snowmuncher even though i have the avatar

i must be getting rusty .. my reflexes are slow while avoiding those blocks falling down on me .. in the past i used to clear away from them quickly

or maybe my keyboard isn't responsive anymore .. idk

either way i played like 10 times to get the score ...

remember you can use the cheatcode buuuurrrrrrrrp (4 u's , 8 r's) to bring down your bloated level by 50% (once per game)

I took one look at Jungles Raiders and turned tail and fled ? You need to score 450, my top score is 60. I'm always aware that a low score is likely to be from getting the Top Gamer avatar, but having tried today I've decided that that 60 is likely all I am capable of scoring so it's a big NOPE from me for this round. Arrow keys are not my brain's friend at all, and when you NEED to keep moving to not only avoid baddies but not fall off something and die? PFFT, I don't think so, lol.

My high score for Snowmuncher was around 2600, so I didn't have high hopes for this game (but, much like @jellysundae, my high score for Jungle Raiders was obviously gotten in an attempt to play as many games as possible, as it's only 52, so picking Raiders wouldn't have been much better), but I eventually managed to get the score and beat my high score by a 1000 points. I do not like this game though. (For anyone else still struggling; I used the tip from the game guide and re-did the 2nd level by letting the timer run out while I was at the bottom.)

8 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Aw, the gloves are cool.  Glad I joined the knights, though.  Well, at least I am at the moment, who knows how I'll feel with tomorrow's challenge ?

Edit:  Okay, refresh my memory, please?  How do the qualifying games work again?  Is it ANY score sent, a minimum score, or do you have to play X number on a certain day for it to count towards the progress bar?

You will need to play a certain amount of games from the qualifying list by the end of the event. Any score that gives out NP counts. So the minimum score is the score that stands for 1 NP.

I prefer the Daily Dare over the GMC as I tend to go with Abigails scores since they are easier to beat, haha. ? But I still participate in the GMC every year and do my best.
Today was a good day to start on, I  chose Team Knights!
I remember playing Snowmuncher for months to get the avatar ages ago, lol. Took me a couple of tries to get the score needed today.
I`ll be playing a few extra games each day so I won`t have to play a ton of games on the last day to get the challenge of sending 50 game scores or whatever it is. :P

Day 2 

Knights Games

Send a minimum score of 1100 or higher playing Biscuit Brigade

i played this game once when it first came out and didn't like it .. but this was easier than what i expected.  i played on hard and just kept adding random towers .. i ended up with a score of 3500 .. it's just like Sorcerer's Skirmish .. 

Send a minimum score of 200 or higher playing Skies Over Meridell

This was a bit harder .. you need to get lucky with the enemy fighter not crashing into the zeppelin or you'll get no points from that .. you just need to keep tailing him and not letting him face you cz he'll shoot you down. On average you need to make 10 kills for the challenge (each kill = 20 points) .. i ended up with 205 points after he crashed into me on my last life and we both died 

What happens if you fail to complete one of the daily challenges?

The Piper Panic is too frustrating! lol

On 11/24/2018 at 1:25 PM, charelan said:

What do you mean by this? If you have a top gamer avatar the games get harder?? Thank goodness I don't have one then lol

It means that he/she put very minimum effort in playing the games. Because to obtain the top gamer avatar, you need to play and submit scores for 250+ games. lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

16 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

But I still participate in the GMC every year and do my best.

This is me. I KNOW I'll not be able to hit the required scores on some games, and on others I'll not be able to manage the game at all, so I'll just be happy with what I am able to do. ?

3 hours ago, charelan said:

What do you mean by this? If you have a top gamer avatar the games get harder?? Thank goodness I don't have one then lol

Oh no‼ For the Top Gamer avatar you need to submit scores for 250 games, but no-one ever said they have to be GOOD scores. :ph34r:

Some examples from my illustrious "high" scores table...

200m Peanut Dash 20 Points
Aaa's Revenge 14 Points
Attack of the Marblemen 35 Points
Attack of the Revenge 26 Points
Barf Boat 6 Points

And so it continues... ? You can see I REALLY liked Barf Boat‼

This is my bestest though. ?

Feed Florg 1 Points

Today I think all I'll win is that delicious cookie, I'm so blessed, right? ?

Only Day 2 and I already won't be getting gold :hmmph:

I'll admit previous years were sometimes a bit too easy, but I remember struggling so much to get even 5k for Piper Panic and now they want 5500.. it was fun while it lasted.

Edit: Once again all it took was a little complaining and a different strategy (go for speed and don't worry about getting every single gem) to get the score needed.. I'll show myself out.

My arm hurts from playing Skies Over Meridell and trying not to move my mouse with the trackpad while shooting stuff. (Using the m,.? keys for shooting is not how I'd have designed this game. XD)

I got exactly 200 (after trying for a looooong time). I think I crashed into things, killing myself, (way) more often than my opponent managed to shoot me. ?

Ugh Skies Over Meridell was awful. I was finally able to get 220 points. Try to stay behind your opponent, collect power-ups (avoid the falling baskets).
For Biscuit Brigade, I used this guide: http://www.neopets.com/~fnarghlor_the_weird

I used the tips to and including wave 6, then I just let the game run and the score kept going up. ?

For all the Piper Panickers... Make sure to get the last 4 star baskets in order on Level 9. This will be a huge point boost.

Lastly, make sure you burn your remaining lives on the final level before completing it. Collect all but one basket, then crash in to a wall and start over. Collect as many gems as you can. The last life you have is "0 Cobralls Left" so make sure you complete the game then by getting the last 3 star baskets. It should put you over 5500!

7 hours ago, Dilley88 said:

What happens if you fail to complete one of the daily challenges?

The Piper Panic is too frustrating! lol

you have until the end of the event to complete all the challenges , however if you don't complete a challenge on the day it's released you get a green tick instead of a gold one and you lose the bonus prize item for people with all gold ticks (it's usually a stamp album item) ... i made that mistake once and didn't get the day and night scarab which is worth 10 mil Np now 

if you don't complete the challenge AT ALL , your trophy and level decreases depending on how many challenges u didn't complete .. and the prizes too (you get the common prize not the wearable ones)

18 minutes ago, sajixx said:

What are people talking about with the "playing a bunch of games by the end of the gmc" thing? I don't see anything on the challenges page about it. 

Generally, in GMCs past, on the last day, one of the challenges is to play/submit scores for 50 (or so) of the qualifying games. The "qualifying games" list is located here:

http://www.neopets.com/games/gmc2018/index.phtml?page=qfg

As you play and submit scores for one of the qualifying games, the list will show it as "Complete" (in green). For the games, all you have to do is earn enough points to submit a score, meaning you do not have to play the game all the way through. If 1 point = 1 NP, then you can just end the game and submit your score, and have it show as "Complete". It helps to play games and submit scores before the last day of GMC, so you are not trying to play 50 games on one day. Also, each of the GMC Challenge Games counts as a qualifying game, so that helps, too. Hope this made sense.