Games Master Challenge: Knights vs Raiders Begins!

hrtbrk

FUN FACT: I guess this year you have to send the score in with your normal 3 scores. I remember before you could still send the score after the three scores, you just didn't get the np. Guess a lot of people are missing out on gold this year cause of it. Sad.

15 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

"Skies Over Meridell" is one of those games, that no matter how often I play, I just never get better at.

I had never played it before and played it last night to complete the list and let me tell you if I would've had to play that today I would've cried.

9 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

For all the Piper Panickers... Make sure to get the last 4 star baskets in order on Level 9. This will be a huge point boost.

Lastly, make sure you burn your remaining lives on the final level before completing it. Collect all but one basket, then crash in to a wall and start over. Collect as many gems as you can. The last life you have is "0 Cobralls Left" so make sure you complete the game then by getting the last 3 star baskets. It should put you over 5500!

This tip helped me a lot. My final score was 5646! Yay!

5 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

"Skies Over Meridell" is one of those games, that no matter how often I play, I just never get better at.

EDIT: Woot! Got 200 on the nose! I think this is going to be a tougher GMC, this year...

I'm having problems with the game too! The highest I've been able to get is 85.?

I finished the games, except Lost In Space Fungus, for today. I remember struggling SO hard to get the required score for that game in a previous GMC, and I don`t want to put myself through that again - the score is more than doubled this time. I`ll still complete as many other challenges as I can, but I won`t drive myself to tears of frustration for one more gold check.

35 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

I finished the games, except Lost In Space Fungus, for today. I remember struggling SO hard to get the required score for that game in a previous GMC, and I don`t want to put myself through that again - the score is more than doubled this time. I`ll still complete as many other challenges as I can, but I won`t drive myself to tears of frustration for one more gold check.

I had problems with it too, but there are 2 levels (level 4 being one of them, can't remember the other) that are really hard. After you get passed those it's a bit easier again and your score shoots up. I believe once you hit around 500 you get to 700 a lot easier. Remember that the stars are 10 points, the money pouches are 25 points and the air suplly thingy is an extra life. So if you did mess up and you know you can never reach Kreludor, try to get one of those with the rest of your rings.

I'm not confident about earning maybe prizes for reaching set scores at all. ? Snot Splatter yesterday was easy, but today's Raiders' games, though both cute, aren't being my friend, lol. I didn't realise, not having looked at it before, that Slorgs in Space is another version of Attack of the Slorgs, I like the game it's a version of when I've played it elsewhere, and it's pretty easy, but I don't know if I'll manage 7000, my first attempt netted me 2160... I'll keep trying though.

Lost in Space Fungus though I can't really understand what I need to do so I can't make it past level 3, I might, you know, read the guide, maybe that will help. ?

So the dodgeball. I haven't complained this whole time but this is just...wow. Because of a game issue, two of my scores already sent by accident by just hovering over the button cause thats where my Kiko was. I am afraid to even play/try now. One more score and I am out. I actually wrote into TNT, not that I think it will actually be read. I don't mind spending hours trying to get a score but having it set up this way it's not even fair. Sooo many players are out now. I've spent hours playing these last few days cause I've never been good at games and spent time getting the score and was happy to get it but I can't even try for this one without fear it will send my score. I know they say don't let go of your click until your off the screen but everyone knows its super tense and you get into the game you don't realize what's happening when you lose and just unclick out of habit. That happened to me. Now I don't know what to do. Keep trying and chance not getting it cause the score sends and give up the past few days or just give up now. 

14 hours ago, sajixx said:

Thanks! So they're guessing based on the past. Ah well, guess the extra nps won't hurt. 

It's been part of the GMC every year that I participated, so it'd be surprising if it wasn't part of this year's GMC. (And if you spread it out over the week, it's not too much work.) ?

1 hour ago, xSummer said:

So the dodgeball. I haven't complained this whole time but this is just...wow. Because of a game issue, two of my scores already sent by accident by just hovering over the button cause thats where my Kiko was. I am afraid to even play/try now. One more score and I am out. I actually wrote into TNT, not that I think it will actually be read. I don't mind spending hours trying to get a score but having it set up this way it's not even fair. Sooo many players are out now. I've spent hours playing these last few days cause I've never been good at games and spent time getting the score and was happy to get it but I can't even try for this one without fear it will send my score. I know they say don't let go of your click until your off the screen but everyone knows its super tense and you get into the game you don't realize what's happening when you lose and just unclick out of habit. That happened to me. Now I don't know what to do. Keep trying and chance not getting it cause the score sends and give up the past few days or just give up now. 

I feel for you! I remember when it was part of a previous GMC (or DD?) and how many accidental scorse were sent in. Extremely frustrating! I think I sent in two accidental scores as well, and just became extremely careful about where/when I clicked. Not the most relaxed way to play a game. ?

Well it's total fail for me today ?

I can't even complete the send scores from qualifying games challenge as Faerieland only has 5 qualifying games, and I cannot score a single point on the "snake" version of Faerie Cloud Racers, no matter how hard I try. ?

5 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

Have you checked the guide? That really helped me with the placement of the Rings. As @Duma said, level 4 is pretty much the hardest level, but after that, it actually gets a little easier, and thanks to some power-ups, I had the score after finishing level 7. (I crashed and burned lot on level 4; there were numerous attempts where I lost all 10 lives there... Also, prior to this, my high score was 400, and I too remember struggling for a previous GMC, but once I got past level 4 with a respectable amount of lives left, I reached 700 points fairly quickly, while feeling a lot less frustrated with the game.)

My previous score for Lost in Space Fungus was 450 ... i watched this video below and was able to up it to 800+ after trying for about half an hour ... 

as for the dreaded Slorg Game .. i had a score close to 9000 so i thought it's gonna be easy .. NOPE !! apparently i forgot everything i knew about this game ... you need to make COMBOS especially in the first two levels .. otherwise it's gonna be HELL later !! well the guides suggest getting to 3000 on the first round and to 6500 on the second .. but after about 3 hours of playing and a shower and nap in between .. i managed to get 8000+ with first round score of 1800 and second round score 4500 .. then i got lucky on Round 3 and managed to get 5900 .. and then sealed the deal in round 4 ... but honestly .. i'm never playing this game again .. these slorgs are too fast (also i did't bother with the hourglass that slows them down) .. anyway guys .. perseverance is key .. don't give up .. i was JUST about to ... but i didn't ...

Extreme Herder score of 90 was easy enough i got it on my first try ...

i'm starting to really hate this event .. this is the hardest GMC yet ... scores were never this high in the past .. all they wanted from you was to just play A LOT of games with medium scores ... but spending most of my Sunday trying to beat GMC is not what i had in mind for today ... the thing is it's gonna get worse as the week progresses .. and i work long shifts ..

The help is appreciated, really. ? I have indeed followed guides with pictures, but the few times I`ve managed to get past level 4 and 5, level 6 is where it ends and I need several hundred more points on top of that. I decided to really give it an effort after all, but now I`m just so done.. Hoping tomorrow will be better. I think I`ve only scored 100% in the GMC once before, and my trophies from this event are all over the place, so I honestly don`t mind having a trophy from a low level, or missing out on special prizes - I`ve done it before. ?
Good luck to those still working on todays games!

Some tips for Extreme Herder:
Start each level by having the Kacheek on the left side, it gives you time to throw the closest petpets into the pen.
Avoid the orange power-ups, but try to get the snowflakes. When they're available, use the doors to move around the level quicker. If a petpet strays too close to Balthazar, grab it, carry it off and drop it again (if you can't manage to get it into the pen without the Lupe eating any petpets). You have to work quickly.

19 minutes ago, sarahpaulson said:

Can anyone help me - I am really struggling with finding 5 qualifying Faerieland games? There are only 4 listed on TDN that aren't non-qualifiers! I've played Faerie Bubbles, Faerie Cloud Racers, Extreme FCR & Maths Nightmare - which other ones are faerieland? ?

Did you follow this link from the guide? It'll take you to all the Faerieland games. Faerie Caves II - Fyora's Quest is also a qualifying game.

So upset. Finally got my mouse out and cannot get past 13 seconds. I don't think I should be this stressed so I think I am out. Sad too. Ive done this event for 9 years. I wish the old TNT was here. If th score was 1100 I think that would be challenging but doable. 1500 is soooo out there and sooo many people are out cause of the 3 scores. Sad. I think I might finally be tempted to leave neopets after this. I come for the events and the plots. Sad cause even if I got the score, this team isn't going to win cause so many people are out. They should lower the score to accept more peoples or at least let you try until the end of the event for gold for this game. Even the other team feels bad for us. That says a lot haha.

@xSummer If it makes you feel any better, I've always doubted that the actual efforts by team members have any effect whatsoever on which team wins. If past GMCs are anything to go by, the score will be 50% - 50% for the first few days, and then one team might pull ahead with 51% by the (second to) last day. There could be a relation to the game results of the teams, but it's hard to say. Besides, we (the Knights) might still get a an impossible challenge as well (in addition to 'Skies Over Meridell', which many people have already struggled with/failed), so I don't think your team's standing will be affected too much by this, on the off chance the game results do affect them. ?

(Also, I've managed to pick the losing team every time since the introduction of teams (thankfully, I prefer silver :D ), so if my team-picking skills haven't changed, I'd say your team still has a pretty good chance of winning. ? )

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

@xSummer If it makes you feel any better, I've always doubted that the actual efforts by team members have any effect whatsoever on which team wins. If past GMCs are anything to go by, the score will be 50% - 50% for the first few days, and then one team might pull ahead with 51% by the (second to) last day. There could be a relation to the game results of the teams, but it's hard to say. Besides, we (the Knights) might still get a an impossible challenge as well (in addition to 'Skies Over Meridell', which many people have already struggled with/failed), so I don't think your team's standing will be affected too much by this, on the off chance the game results do affect them. ?

(Also, I've managed to pick the losing team every time since the introduction of teams (thankfully, I prefer silver :D ), so if my team-picking skills haven't changed, I'd say your team still has a pretty good chance of winning. ? )

Thank you! I'm ok with not getting the stamp, it's never been about items for me. Infact I have stamps from previous that I never sold. I guess it's more of pride thing (and a little ocd) cause I always love playing and getting gold. sad. but I'm happy for everyone else who was able to complete.

So I got a score of 1769 in darigan dodgeball but because I sent 3 scores (twice by mistake oml) it apparently doesn't qualify and is not allowing me to accept the prize -.- but yesterday you could send 3 scores and still send a qualifying score after that to get the prize. So bye bye bonus prize I guess ;-; I might even email then just incase