Games Master Challenge: Knights vs Raiders Begins!

hrtbrk

I was gonna say, am I the only one who feels like the scores are pretty brutal this year?  In a way that makes me feel better though.  I mentioned this in another thread, but my laptop's up and right arrow keys LITERALLY do not work anymore so there are a bunch of challenges I flat out can't do until I set up my new laptop which I don't have the time and energy to do this week so I'm absolutely ruined this year.  Of course a bunch of the scores are pretty brutal for me this year anyway, so working keyboard or no, I'd probably still be up a creek.  So in a way that makes me feel better; it'd be driving me mad otherwise, haha.

A certain amount of cold comfort for me to see others are struggling too, I guess AAA's not called the Games Master for nothing, right? He's putting us firmly in our place this year. ?

i struggled with Top Chop even though i have a good history with this game ... i even scored 999 at one point .. devastating !!!!!!!! but i managed to beat the score by doing breathing exercises before each round (statistically you only need to beat the first 5 levels and you'll get the score at either the 5th or 6th regardless if you beat the 6th cz you get points for missing) ...

however ... Attack of the Gummy Dice is killing me

the best i managed was 905 points 

ive been playing for 4 hours .. the way the game takes away your hard-earned points after each round is gut-wrenching ... plus it's so boring as you need to get at least to level 9 ...

to be honest i'm about to call it quits ... and say I don't give a rabbit's tail about the GMC , scores , trophies , items and whatever else !!

seriously TNT set the scores way too high !!

12 hours ago, bluetemplar187 said:

I was gonna say, am I the only one who feels like the scores are pretty brutal this year?  In a way that makes me feel better though.  I mentioned this in another thread, but my laptop's up and right arrow keys LITERALLY do not work anymore so there are a bunch of challenges I flat out can't do until I set up my new laptop which I don't have the time and energy to do this week so I'm absolutely ruined this year.  Of course a bunch of the scores are pretty brutal for me this year anyway, so working keyboard or no, I'd probably still be up a creek.  So in a way that makes me feel better; it'd be driving me mad otherwise, haha.

Have you tried using the On-Screen keyboard on your computer (if it has one)? My notebook's down arrow key has been broken for over a year now, but thanks to the on-screen keyboard option I was able to get gold in Daily Dare and now I'm doing fine with this year's GMC challenges :) It can be a little tricky with certain games, but you get the hang of it eventually.

My score for gummy dice was 968 i think? -_--_-  ugh... however I did not realize that you could quit at any time. So when the level would subtract the points I would always be shy! Finally realized it with 1003. Good luck everyone. This game is for sure annoying. 

@Angeló dont quit! youre so close!!!! 

1 hour ago, Kute said:

My score for gummy dice was 968 i think? -_--_-  ugh... however I did not realize that you could quit at any time. So when the level would subtract the points I would always be shy! Finally realized it with 1003. Good luck everyone. This game is for sure annoying. 

@Angeló dont quit! youre so close!!!! 

i scored 981 an hour ago and secretly cried

then i had a phone call and my laptop went on hibernate mode .. but when i came back i continued playing .. and finally got 1002 in level 10 

i was playing on large screen and i clicked the Quit button several times before it registered .. i had one dangerously high building in the back and i wanted to make sure i get my points .. and it SENT the score !! 

it's 10:47pm now my time and i've been playing since 4 pm ... i can't feel my right hand or wrist ... but at least i can go do my dailies now

12 hours ago, Hanso said:

Have you tried using the On-Screen keyboard on your computer (if it has one)? My notebook's down arrow key has been broken for over a year now, but thanks to the on-screen keyboard option I was able to get gold in Daily Dare and now I'm doing fine with this year's GMC challenges ? It can be a little tricky with certain games, but you get the hang of it eventually.

Oh my goodness I owe you!  I had no idea this existed and it at least makes certain things POSSIBLE that I just couldn't do before.  Thank you so much!

I'm normally not one to complain about the GMC, but I'm in a complaining mood this year. Most years I find with a bit of effort and maybe some colourful language I can get the scores without too much trouble. This year, not so much. Skies over Meridell and Lost in Space Fungus have completely tripped me up. Still working on Top Chop tonight but I have low expectations of getting a gold check on that one before the next day starts. My goal this year was to get all gold check marks to get the top prizes, well that is definitely not happening this year.

Today's challenges weren't the hardest .. but they took me about 3 hours to complete

Freaky Factory is almost impossible on a new laptop .. i had to hook up my old one and even then i had to play like 7 times to get the score .. finally got lucky with some rainbow plushies in a row ... 12 seconds before time ran-up .. i hit the stupid Grundo Thief on his head and got the score ...

The great desert race ... get to the whirlpool before the end then go back and start over ...  repeat until you have the score (use the other character too) ... landing on the Tug O War tile and guessing the winner correctly will win you a good amount of points ...

Mutant Graveyard is a waiting game ... you sit behind a tombstone and wait for a spooky petpet to appear .. slam them for an easy 50 points .. you can earn the score in the first two levels .. 

Moon Rock Rampage .. just follow the video guides on Youtube ... there's a level (4 i think) where you can trap enemies and kill them with rocks time after time for a whole bunch of points ... just be careful of time running out ... but even if you didn't do this .. you can earn the score by following the guides ...

Never Ending Boss Battle : just move behind Sloth's ship and shoot shoot shoot .. get the power-ups ... especially the shield ... don't stand in front of him cuz he has a laser blast that'll evaporate you ...

Wasn't Moon Rock Rampage in this year's DD as well? I remember feeling frustrated with this game pretty recently (for an even higher score, I think). I got 741 on my first try today, and then messed up a bunch of times. Then got 732. Then messed up early on quite a few times again. I did get the score eventually, but man.

I have no idea how I got the score for Neverending Boss Battle - after a few failed tries, I just kept hitting space, and somehow ended up with 850 points. ?

Today wasn`t the worst, in my opinion (I am on the Knights team) Freaky Factory was a bit hard, but I got it after a few tries. It`s a really hectic game, and my arm hurt afterwards. :P
Someone mentioned on the boards that on each level, you should fill two vats with colour - just not the one you need to make toys. If you need Blue, fill up Red and Yellow before filling up the blue, this allows you to make more toys in a row, and you earn more points.

For Moon Rock Rampage, I followed JellyNeos level guide, and I saw a great tip on the boards: On level 10, grab the propel piece to earn 250 points, then let the time run out while you shoot/carefully avoid the monsters. Repeat the process until you have the score/run out of lives.

The boss battle game was really easy, I just positioned myself right in front of the space ship, between the two guns and fired constantly, I got it on the first try. ?

The graveyard game was pretty simple as well, but I wasn`t able to kill any of the enemies, I just went around collecting items until I had enough points.

The desert race game - I got lucky and ended at 243 points!

Freaky factory was a no go with my track pad. I had to find a mouse and even so it was still somewhat difficult. The most difficult for me was the boss battle. There is a code for an extra life which really helps with like maybe.. 100 extra points :D  (if youre bad like me haha. ) Its foreverandeverandever.  SO worth it just to complete the graveyard/ moon rock challenge for the album item! 700K its going for on the shopwiz! First a book and now a album item! I'm pleased with the goodies. 

I have all gold checks currently on the Raiders team. I don't know how I'm doing it, and I don't know how much longer my luck will hold. Actually, I'm almost afraid to post this (and I'm not normally superstitious). I nearly gave up on day 3 (Lost in Space Fungus), and again today on The Great Qasalan Caper. Each time I eventually got the score after taking a break. Two more days to go. Hang in there everyone!

HELP!!! My sisters are Raiders and can't get higher than 1000 on that stupid Qasalan Caper! The guides aren't helping them and I wish I knew how to help them but I don't. ?

I still couldn't get the score for Zurroball ?

I got a 1444 score on The Great Qasalan Capers on my first try and ran out of time! Then the game continuously got annoying (and I couldn't get pass 1000+) Most of the time, the Lyins just block an entire column, or there is no path for the statues to fall through! So frustrating.

Perhaps I will try the Moon Rock Rampage and Itchy Invasion again after a few hours break. lol

EDIT: I SCORED 1576 ON THE GREAT QASALAN CAPERS!!!

I AM SO DONE WITH THIS EVENT BUT ALSO SO RELIEVED

DAYS 3 & 4 WERE THE WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD ON NEOPETS

BTW does anyone know why they removed the 4th Challenge from Day 6 ?

Untitled.png

Probably to shush us. Day 7 has less challenges too after going life. It had 5 or 6 of them when you looked at your progress at the beginning. I guess to make up for the super hard days. Maybe they messed up the scores with DD and realized it half way after all the complaints started.

okay, does anyone know how to get the score for biscuit brigade?? This game has always bested me, and til a couple of days ago baffled me. it's the only challenge I have left, and while I have accepted that this will be the first GMC that I don't have all gold ticks, I really would like to complete every challenge!

21 minutes ago, ranga_muffin said:

okay, does anyone know how to get the score for biscuit brigade?? This game has always bested me, and til a couple of days ago baffled me. it's the only challenge I have left, and while I have accepted that this

will be the first GMC that I don't have all gold ticks, I really would like to complete every challenge!

heres the guide i used 

or just start building random towers like i did :D