Tips for Jungle Raiders?

feepitfan

The myncii should grab the vines automatically if the jumps are timed right. Just jump at them when they overlap your vine for close vines, and for far jumps jump when the two vines are at the farthest point away from each other  ( and just about to start moving towards each other again).

Yes, you hit space to make him jump, but he grabs hold himself if he can. You sort of juggle space bar and right arrow key. It's all in the timing. Once you get a special bonus fruit and glow a color, you're safe to click like mad to advance for a short time. This isn't good for getting a trophy since you'll miss coins but it should get you through for GMC. You'll get to the score you need early on level two. Try watching a vid of it maybe. I have a perfect score in this but it took a lot of practice and I remember how frustrating it was.

The mynci head gives you an extra life too. Don't worry about the snake or the flung mud; just keep going. Good luck!

ETA: you can move up and down the vines to make them swing in sync with the next one and it's not timed so don't rush (unless you're glowing or having mud thrown at you).

And I just realized I keep the right button pressed most of the time. Try that? Right pressed, space to jump.

1 hour ago, jaydeed said:

Yes, you hit space to make him jump, but he grabs hold himself if he can. You sort of juggle space bar and right arrow key. It's all in the timing. Once you get a special bonus fruit and glow a color, you're safe to click like mad to advance for a short time. This isn't good for getting a trophy since you'll miss coins but it should get you through for GMC. You'll get to the score you need early on level two. Try watching a vid of it maybe. I have a perfect score in this but it took a lot of practice and I remember how frustrating it was.

The mynci head gives you an extra life too. Don't worry about the snake or the flung mud; just keep going. Good luck!

ETA: you can move up and down the vines to make them swing in sync with the next one and it's not timed so don't rush (unless you're glowing or having mud thrown at you).

And I just realized I keep the right button pressed most of the time. Try that? Right pressed, space to jump.

This was helpful to get my average score up to about 70, so thanks for that.

Unfortunately, it seems like I won't be able to complete this year's Games Master Challenge. Zurroball is no problem, but Jungle Raiders has me beat. I guess next year I'll look up what Day 1's challenges are before picking a team...

What exactly happens? Do you fall short of the vine by a fraction? Because this one was one of the easier challenges and if you've done the rest, you've tackled some really hard ones! It'd be a shame not to finish. Maybe try a different browser or see if you can borrow a different computer? The mynci has sticky hands, lol, he will grab hold if you get him close enough, I promise.

(The GMC has obviously ended, but I didn't want to be rude and not respond, plus I'm going to continue to try and get better at this game.)

I tend to fall through the vine, which is especially frustrating. Tried a different browser, and a different computer with no luck. On my normal setup, I've now gotten up to about 120 points on average now. Oh well. Guess I'll keep practicing.