Welcome to December with Advent Calendar!

hrtbrk

19 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

RE: the tree

I'm just going to leave this here...
http://www.neopets.com/~nibis

:upsidedown:

What the heck. ? Yup, totally creepy tree!

Haha, well, at least the items do follow the theme of the day's vid?

I've got no problem with stuff that isn't noticeably festive as I have bah humbug issues with that, I like stuff I can use all year round. I'm quite sure I'll find a use for the creepy tree at some point, it might even inspire me to make a hallowe'en outfit which I don't generally bother with.

3 hours ago, deboratibi said:

RE: the tree

I'm just going to leave this here...
http://www.neopets.com/~nibis

:upsidedown:

i didn't really look at it as i immediately sent it to my spooky account 

but seriously JS that is messed up 

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've got no problem with stuff that isn't noticeably festive as I have bah humbug issues with that, I like stuff I can use all year round. I'm quite sure I'll find a use for the creepy tree at some point, it might even inspire me to make a hallowe'en outfit which I don't generally bother with.

Oh yeah, me neither. I think (most of) the wearables this year are pretty neat, even the ones that are not Christmas/winter-themed.

Today's background is pretty cool too.

3 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

Today at the Advent Calendar... Pant Devil made an appearance. Did anyone receive a Rod of Supernova and not have it immediately stolen? I find this a bit weird as it was a retired Hidden Tower item, and normally they won't give it out for free to everyone?

AHA! Scroll up and read my comment above yours from yesterday, lol. This is a well-loved gag that TNT pulls every year for the advent calendar.

The Angelpuss isn't playing ball today *clicks on it madly* nope, no bonus item for me. ?

Illusen's looking pretty in this, don't expect anything useful out of @Angeló today. ?

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Illusen's looking pretty in this, don't expect anything useful out of @Angeló today. ?

you are quite right my friend . i downloaded the animation from TDN page and been watching it all day

but .. she isn't really trapped in the Snowglobe is she ?!! cz that would warrant a search and rescure party

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

you are quite right my friend . i downloaded the animation from TDN page and been watching it all day

but .. she isn't really trapped in the Snowglobe is she ?!! cz that would warrant a search and rescure party

I don't think she's trapped, I think Jhudora's watching her from afar in an orb, like the seeing stones in Wizard and Glass, and Lord of the Rings. ?

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I don't think she's trapped, I think Jhudora's watching her from afar in an orb, like the seeing stones in Wizard and Glass, and Lord of the Rings. ?

yeah that nasty Jhudora WISHES she could hold Illusen ❤️ captive

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

AHA! Scroll up and read my comment above yours from yesterday, lol. This is a well-loved gag that TNT pulls every year for the advent calendar.

The Angelpuss isn't playing ball today *clicks on it madly* nope, no bonus item for me. ?

She does seem to be showing a bit of leg, this year, isn't she?

6 hours ago, Angeló said:

And we know who'd be the first to volunteer...

I do like the snow globe. I've tried to collect most of them on Neopets.

11 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

She does seem to be showing a bit of leg, this year, isn't she?

Indeed, lol. Walking a little stiffly though, but then with all that exposed flesh while out there in the snow it's not really surprising, poor girl, she needs someone to warm her up...

*gets knocked sideways by Angeló running past*

?

OOOH‼‼

BIG props to whoever drew the Christmas at the beach background‼

See from the thumbnail    ? 66052.gif I was expecting a lovely beach background, completely RUINED by a random Santa hat, slap-bang in the centre where it couldn't be covered by a single thing. BUTTT...

This is not the case‼ ? I suspect they had to reposition the hat for the thumbnail or it would've been covered up by the hanger icon.

medium_preview.png

I'm confident I can cover that and the writing up and give Miss. Gen a nice day out at the beach, she looks all ready for it. ☺️

On 12/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, jellysundae said:

I've had that happen several times, and I noticed it usually happens when the tab still seems to be loading (somehow). Refreshing the page usually works for me.

So, did anyone get the book Card Magic 101? I went to read it to my pet and it isn't an option! I want to know if it is just me and all my options are not showing in the drop down menu or if this is everyone. Thanks.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I love the vampire potato's MWAHAHAHA laugh in today's vid. ?

why does he have stitches like a plushie though ?

56 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

So, did anyone get the book Card Magic 101? I went to read it to my pet and it isn't an option! I want to know if it is just me and all my options are not showing in the drop down menu or if this is everyone. Thanks.

it is probably not activated yet

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

why does he have stitches like a plushie though ?

Body modification as fashion?

Is this the Neopets version of cultural appropriation?

Do I need to make an angry/ignorant/ill-informed post on Twitter about this?

:ph34r:

Oh TNT, a totally missed layering opportunity with these two items...

trink_advc2018_frostywindow.gif  trink_advc2018_victorianwndo.gif

The frame is BEHIND the frosty window. ?

After watching today's video, I was SO afraid to collect the prize in case it turned out to be a Draik egg. Surely they wouldn't... SURELY‼

But this is JS, who excel at doing REALLY stupid things ?

*bites bullet and clicks*

PHEW

BIG sigh of relief from me here right now!

Also boo_advc2018_storyoftheegg.gifbroccoli

Today's prizes are a bit of a let-down, aren't they. But I say that in a positive way because my disappointment in them is mainly because there's no book or wearable, because we've been pretty spoilt so far with good items, haven't we. ?

Today's a not so skilled artist day though, isn't it, that Bruce item is cute but definitely not great quality, actually it looks old... Whenever I see a bobblehead I immediately assume it's an edit of an existing item. ? Huh, and I see I'm right this time too...

Wind Up Sliding Green Bruce
Wind Up Sliding Green Bruce   

image.png.811652af201c024cfb69cc9c82ca51d2.png

Hopefully there's not too many of these filler items to come though, the more new and nicely drawn items, the more on top of things TNT must be, right?

Also, while checking through the Bruce items I came across this, and I can't post it in my thread about funny descriptions because I was the last poster.

Want some of this for Christmas?? ?

image.png.3df0260506039b7e0c2c56380dc524ac.png

EDIT

I apologise, TNT, I didn't see the skates and the Hue Brew potion until I went to put stuff away just now, guess they were "below the fold" and I didn't scroll far enough, so we DO have a nice wearable today too. ?