Playing with the Advent Calendar wearables

I got all excited about the ladder bookshelf but was worried I'd not be able to use it with the backgrounds I have, but I'm actually very happy with the result I got. ?

preview.png

What I'm visualising here is a cute little wooden A-frame, like this one for example!

patterson_lake_6198700.jpg

with a reading loft up in the apex, with a living willow balcony rail, because how awesome would that be! ? I'd not thought of using that willow fence indoors, but I'm totally enamoured with it now! I am somewhat plant-obsessed, so this is absolutely the kind of thing I wish I could do for real, I'd spend all day up in that space, once I'd got a nice patterned throw and some colourful cushions to disguise that dull grey sofa, that is. :ph34r::laughingsmiley:

Hopefully there'll be more good wearables coming along shortly for us all to play with, has anyone else used the ladder yet?

30 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I've been playing around with the bookshelf as well, and finding a background in which it fit was harder than I'd thought. I'm mildly pleased with this one though:

medium_preview.png

That works pretty well doesn't it, particularly with the brown table to balance it out. The ladder needs dark tones behind it doesn't it, or there's just too much going on and it looks messy.

It physically fits, but looks entirely random, with this pergola.

medium_preview.png

kind of a shame that it looks a bit silly because having a built in bookcase in that set up would be awesome!

It works well with these 2 options

medium_preview.png weapons forge b/g

medium_preview.png Moltaran workshop b/g

Both kinda steampunky, aren't they. I'm glad I managed to work it into a more sunny boho setting.

7 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Didn't even think to use the new wearable until I see this post (so thanks jellysundae!) I'm rather pleased with the result ?

You're very welcome! That does look good, really pops against the plain dark b/g, and I especially like how it looks like the moon and stars are hanging from it. ?

I really like how it looks on "room" backgrounds. I think my favourite thing about it is that it's unobtrusive. I was doing my pets up for Christmas a couple days ago, and a lot of the foreground items, higher and lower, take up a HUGE part of the customization area. Like, 1/3 of the image. I feel like they can really block out a lot of the other features of a customization, especially parts of backgrounds and the lower parts of clothing (especially shoes) because sometimes they're a little too elaborate. Hoping we get a few more simple wearable items like the ladder during advent to complement the more complex ones.

@Emily I agree! I like to be able to tuck things into other things and, well, like you say, some back and foreground items are so freakin' BIG. I've always had a huge problem with how so many of them look because they tend to add way too much to them, over-crowding the space with multiples of the same item and they look really bad. So it's a thrill when they come out with something really usable like this. ☺️

I've used the snowdrops from today too, my lab rat's getting to enjoy those.

They are pretty giant snowdrops,  but peeking out through my beloved shrubbery they look good, not over-the-top or anything. ?

medium_preview.png

57 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

@Emily I agree! I like to be able to tuck things into other things and, well, like you say, some back and foreground items are so freakin' BIG. I've always had a huge problem with how so many of them look because they tend to add way too much to them, over-crowding the space with multiples of the same item and they look really bad. So it's a thrill when they come out with something really usable like this. ☺️

I've used the snowdrops from today too, my lab rat's getting to enjoy those.

They are pretty giant snowdrops,  but peeking out through my beloved shrubbery they look good, not over-the-top or anything. ?

medium_preview.png

Ouuu I really like how that turned out! I always forget that "foreground" and "lower foreground" can layer without overriding each other. Definitely going to make more use of that!

12 hours ago, Emily said:

Ouuu I really like how that turned out! I always forget that "foreground" and "lower foreground" can layer without overriding each other. Definitely going to make more use of that!

I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't because, in my admittedly somewhat biased opinion :whistle: the shrubberies are pretty much the only item worth using on the foreground layer. ?

@deboratibi teases me endlessly about how I use them all the time, lol, but it truly is because there's no decent alternative. ?