Games you are bad at that everyone else is good at (and vice versa)

rossthereddragon

Hello! This is a thread that discusses 'Neopets games you are bad at that everyone else is good at' and 'games that you are good at that everyone else is bad at'
Note that this is an opinion list, as in everyone has games that they are bad/good at.
Try not to include games that everyone is unanimously bad at like Darblat if you are merely going to say you're bad at it (unless you want to specify that's the game you're good at)
I'll start xD
Bad list:
Dubloon Disaster: It is very hard for me to get above 200 because of how clunky I am with the controls. I always have to rely on good luck with the rare Dubloons, which never arrive
Turmac Roll: By the time it's the third obstacle on hard mode I tend to lose. Those small 'double humped' hills always confuse me as I don't know how to get height from them. Even 300 is rare for me to hit. Rare berries never come for me
Bouncy Supreme: Just as I get my trust to follow the coins and expect it to lead me through, I fall and lose many lives. I usually don't get more than 1000

Good list:
Hot Dog Hero: Most people have trouble with this game due to the difficulty of coordinating the mouse and the keyboard. I just mustard bounce my way. I play it so fast that I often have to wait a bit before sending my score before I tend to get TNT reviews due to how 'ridiculously fast I get the 1K score'
Snow Wars 2: I just use a mass 'surround all snowmen' in the first round strategy to get many points and catapults to get the 1K score fast. Ironically I still can't get the avatar score, but let's be real, most people can't xD

I guess I'm pretty average at most of the games, with two possible exceptions... Dubloon Disaster, which I tend to do well at until the point where I get bored.  Which admittedly isn't all that long, it's mostly a matter of taking my time and being ready to dash aside if a mine comes up underneath me.    And I do weirdly well at Coconut Shy; which is really just luck, but I have wildly great luck.  As in I've knocked down 8 coconuts this year, which might not sound like a lot to people who don't play it, but are folks who have played for years and never knocked one down.    I really don't know what the average rate is, but pretty certain I'm abnormal.

5 hours ago, rossthereddragon said:

I just mustard bounce my way.

This should ABSOLUTELY be a completely context-less quote on a t-shirt. ? Really gives me a haters gonna hate vibe.

I'm pretty much universally bad at all games, it's a special skill of mine ? I DO remember doing ok at one that EVERYONE else on here was complaining hugely about during a previous DD or GMC, but I can't remember which it was, lol. Pretty sure that was more likely to have been because of using an ancient laptop so things ran slower than any kind of expertise on my part though.

@Rayd1978 uses voodoo on the coconuts and we all know it. :ph34r:

I'm pretty bad at almost all games except for two-- 

1. Typing Terror. I got this avatar as a child, aged around 13 -- it was probably my first game av. A year or so ago I was playing just for fun and to earn neopoints, and got a silver trophy on accident. I didn't even realize until a few days later, and then the next month I sat down to actually focus and upgraded it to gold within just a few tries. 

2. Jubble Bubble. Another case of accidental trophy. Couldn't figure out why I had nps on hand when I logged on in the morning, since I had deposited everything the day before. This happened for several days before I finally realized it was because I was on a game HST and was getting a np reward each night. The next month I went to upgrade the trophy and ended up holding the #1 gold spot for something close to three weeks. 

Games I'm bad at? Hmm. I suppose Petpet Rescue, Meepit Juice Break cus I don't do well under pressure, and Maths Nightmare, just cause my brain can't process the equations fast enough, and again, I tend to panic under pressure. I just don't enjoy games with a time limit in general, but Maths Nightmare is just, well, a nightmare. Ironically, I was/am really good at more "basic" mathematic equations. I just can't do them quickly ?

I used to be horrible at Kass Basher, but eventually I decided I'd just keep on trying til I got lucky, and I did. Now I can easily get those high scores of 800-900 with no problem. Persistence pays off!

As for games I'm good at that nobody else seems to like, let's see here:

• Hannah and the Wardrobe of Adventure (I have a gold trophy in this one and can consistently score high enough to be in the running for a gold trophy! If you don't believe me, I can record myself playing.)
  • Nova Defender
  • Piper Panic
  • Shenkuu Warrior II (with persistence, I can also consistently score high enough for a trophy, but it takes forever)
  • Escape from Kreludor
  • I don't think anyone really hates this one, but Ice Cream Machine?

If I try hard enough, and spend enough time on it, I can eventually get good at pretty much any Neopets game. It's just that some are more innately difficult for me (e.g any game with a time limit).

I feel like I'm royally bad at most of the games and just stick to ones I can get the max 3k out of but...I do feel I'm good at cooty wars? If that counts for anything cause I do have gold for that ?

On 12/3/2018 at 8:15 AM, jellysundae said:

@Rayd1978 uses voodoo on the coconuts and we all know it. :ph34r:

It's actually pronounced 'Vodun' and is a simple enough-  I MEAN I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!  ? 

I am pretty average at most games. I don't have trophies to show off for it. LOL.

Shenkuu Tangram is the easiest to get the max daily 3K. But it is so repetitive, it gets boring! Although I am aiming to get the Shenkuu Tangram trophy, I managed to get top 50 scores before. I need to solve it faster!

And I enjoy playing Goparokko from time to time :D

9 minutes ago, Dilley88 said:

But it is so repetitive, it gets boring!

HA! This gave me a major Time Tunnel flashback, lol.

I used to be VERY good at this (can't manage it at all now - another MS casualty) I could have easily got a trophy for it, but it bored me to DEATH so I never managed to stick with playing it long enough to build up a high score.  ?

Trying for the avatar again today reminded me I'm good enough at Typing Terror, considering I can clear it with 95+ accuracy and no lives lost every single time.

Too bad skill in that game is completely irrelevant, seeing as the score is entirely dependant on how many high value enemies the RNG decides to spawn.

EDIT: Got a gold trophy score right after complaining about it