Something earth-shattering happening on the boards right now‼

jellysundae

Involuntary festive site theme enabled, and...

NO ONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT IT‼

Well, practically no-one...

I'm amazed, and truly happy for the people of Neopia that the majority are liking the theme and it's brightening their days. ? When I saw the topics about it I immediately expected them to be a whole load of WAH-pantsing but nope, even the cursors being a little tricky to use isn't phasing people, the festive spirit is in full effect on Neopets today! ?:happydance:

I'm complaining a little, internally :P As you said, using the cursor can be a little tricky, and I really don't like how the rotating footer pictures are poorly resized:W7YeZjX.png

(here's the original image for comparison)

Anyway, I just changed my theme back to Treasure Keepers and went on with my day. I got tired of complaining about JS a while ago. Besides, it's December, which means I'm 90% less grumpy than usual.

I think they've been "tweeking" the cursor. That stupid hat that lost me many items I was haggling to buy at the Food Store is GONE! shoyru_jump.gif It has become a mall_acc_redgloves.gif (not exactly) red glove that turns mall_acc_greengloves.gif (not exactly), so I'm glad not to be fumbling in my haggling.  grarrl_light_pulling.gif

I did find the elf hat a little odd, not exactly great having a pointer that's point is curved, lol, so I can see why they changed that. I DID spend some quality time tickling Turmy's foot with it because you never know, but it didn't have any effect.  :ph34r:

I'm not looking on the boards again, because I do suspect that the grouching will be multiplying by now, just because this IS the boards we're talking about here. ?

the glove was there from the start when you pointed at something outside the main window 

and there is another cursor which is A ball ornament ? idk .. i but i honestly love it so much and i hope we get to keep it 

I was beaming this morning and love the music, but I had to give up and swap b/c of the cursor. Even tweaked, it cost me a restock and it's just too all over the place. But I love the theme and it's super sweet of TNT to do it.

3 hours ago, Hanso said:

Anyway, I just changed my theme back to Treasure Keepers and went on with my day. I got tired of complaining about JS a while ago. Besides, it's December, which means I'm 90% less grumpy than usual.

Glad you pointed out I could change it, bc it never occurred to me. I like to keep it on the Lost Heirloom now to remind myself there's a plot happening... 

Cute theme, and a nice gesture, but the cursor drove me insane within seconds (and apparently this is the improved version?), so I changed it back right away. Apparently I'm one of the few people not bothered by the complaining on the boards. I think it's perfectly natural/human (plus, with such a large, diverse (in at least age & nationality) userbase, it's hard to do things that are liked by all); we tend to be more vocal about things we don't like in all aspects of life, and as long as people still feel the need to talk about how things can be improved, it means they still care. Besides, they often have a point, and if no complaining is done, TNT will assume all is well and things won't change/improve. At this point I see more people on the boards complain about the complaining, and - don't worry, I see the irony/hypocrisy here - this does annoy me. XD

I've switched back now, but only because I was struggling with the ornament cursor, I like the little glove a lot, but the thinness of the ornament's string makes it hard to use, doesn't it, a star with a point at the top might have been a better option.

The ornament one is for type fields and the string is just like your normal type cursor so not having a problem with that. I don't like moving things tho, even though its a very pretty theme!

EDIT: after doing my dailies I see why the stringornament one can be confusing. It's not only text fields but also some, not all, buttons where the top line is actually the one that needs to line up with the button.

15 hours ago, Duma said:

EDIT: after doing my dailies I see why the stringornament one can be confusing. It's not only text fields but also some, not all, buttons where the top line is actually the one that needs to line up with the button.

Yeah that's why I gave up on this theme in the end, I found copy/pasting difficult especially.

14 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

I don't like it, but I don't care enough to seek out boards to whine about it.  Thankfully i happened across this one in passing, so I can do a little whining without effort.  ? 

? Happy to be of service, Ray! xD

I absolutely LOOOOOVE IT! I got super excited when it came on! ? Think I might keep this one year long. I LOVE Christmas ❤️