New Site Theme!

Emily

A new seasonal site theme has been released! It currently appears that regular page views will award the site theme. You'll know when you've been awarded the theme because your current theme will change to the new Tis the Season Theme!

banner.gif

neomail.pngitem.pngfriend_request.pngfriend_accept.pngtrade_offer.pngtrade_withdraw.pngtrade_accept.pngtrade_reject.pngbattle_challenge.pngbattle_accept.pngwarning.pngdirect_transfer.png

footer.gif

Theme Guide

I think this is my favourite theme. Because it's animated, I don't think I'll be using it much since it's a little distracting, but I love to just look at it lol.

*GRINCH INCOMING* (I know you're all shocked about this)

Do I like it? Yes, it's got a great aesthetic and is visually pleasing.... until you see they copy and pasted static pet images on it. Aside from the wearable items, even the Advent items have been things with static Neopets images pasted on top. Give me a break. I'm a big Yurble fan but that Christmas Yurble doesn't match at all. Let's not even get me started on the footer copy and paste... lump of coal for whoever made and approved that tbh. It would look so much better without both of those things (yurble/footer pets pasted in)

That said, I'll use it for the rest of the season and I appreciate them releasing a new theme for us to use. It was a nice surprise. At least the music was a nice touch ?

Hrtbrk, cheers to a fellow grinch!

Ugh.  The snowflakes over the page are the ONLY thing I liked about the theme itself.  I don't celebrate christmas, and am so sick of it being shoved in my face from mid-October on that I was thrilled to see that they allow us to change it back to our old themes instead of forcing us to keep it.

Edit:  Because this seemed overly negative, I'd have much preferred it if they'd given us the theme like the rest with a notification that something had happened, not just assumed everyone would want it.  That way you can test drive it before having to deal with old computers not wanting to load preference screens while you try to change back :p 

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Ugh.  The snowflakes over the page are the ONLY thing I liked about the theme itself.  I don't celebrate christmas, and am so sick of it being shoved in my face from mid-October on that I was thrilled to see that they allow us to change it back to our old themes instead of forcing us to keep it.

Edit:  Because this seemed overly negative, I'd have much preferred it if they'd given us the theme like the rest with a notification that something had happened, not just assumed everyone would want it.  That way you can test drive it before having to deal with old computers not wanting to load preference screens while you try to change back :p 

the snowflakes are very distracting during games

i couldnt even play kass basher with them 

but they look cool nonetheless

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

the snowflakes are very distracting during games

i couldnt even play kass basher with them 

but they look cool nonetheless

18 hours ago, Emily said:

I think this is my favourite theme. Because it's animated, I don't think I'll be using it much since it's a little distracting, but I love to just look at it lol.

I agree that it's distracting, and the snowflakes slow down flash games. It can't be me since I've updated my browser, adobe flash, and java.

While I do like the new site theme, the animated snowflakes falling on the screen got annoying after a while - other than that, I think it looks cute. Not artistically well crafted, but still nice.
I changed it to the winter theme today, and it was honestly a bit of a relief. I do prefer it when the images stand still.

• 2 months later...

Sooooooo any idea when they are taking it down now?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please review our rules.

You can take it down yourself. It will stay until you change it since it's one you'll be able to use whenever you want. Just go to your preferences and change to whatever theme you like.