Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
redespeon

Just spent 4 hours in a row refreshing the Rubbish Dump, AMA

Recommended Posts

Got me there now, the pile of junk is growing all the time right this minute!

Hmm, I wonder if the maximum amount of items that can be displayed at any one time is 5 rows, that's what it is right now.

Also, kind of interestingly, there's two items showing as being donated by the same user

image.png.2c6e5060c6ac3b90917bbd994de8be53.png

It'd be pretty funny if it could end up with a pageful of stuff and they ALL showed your name. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have there been any reports of anyone actually getting the avatar since the last batch went out a while ago? (Two months? Longer?) I've been assuming it's broken. (Or, at least, that the rare items required to get the avatar aren't being released.)

I've seen people mention getting the avatar (like on the board you made, @redespeon), but since none of them used the avatar, and those kinds of boards often attract trolls wanting to mess with people's heads, I kind of doubt their claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nielo said:

but since none of them used the avatar, and those kinds of boards often attract trolls wanting to mess with people's heads, I kind of doubt their claims. 

SO glad I'm not the only one who'se always suspicious of this. 😅😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, thanks for the laugh. Your title is great 🙂

AMA you say? !

How much of your soul has been stolen from the rubbish dump refreshes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rubbish dump is weird. I donated some old croutons about a month ago, and just recently I found it in the dump? I wish I took photo evidence, but it was pretty strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Empress_Kaida said:

The rubbish dump is weird. I donated some old croutons about a month ago, and just recently I found it in the dump? I wish I took photo evidence, but it was pretty strange.

 

1 hour ago, raelilphil said:

I thought donations went to the Money Tree, not the Rubbish dump?

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=rubbishdump

Yup, donations go to the Money Tree; we aren't actually able to donate anything to the dump. I've been confused by my name showing up on a Rubbish Dump item as well, but apparently that's just the dump's way of letting you know you've been hanging around for a while. Not at all creepy. 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nielo said:

Have there been any reports of anyone actually getting the avatar since the last batch went out a while ago? (Two months? Longer?) I've been assuming it's broken. (Or, at least, that the rare items required to get the avatar aren't being released.)

I've seen people mention getting the avatar (like on the board you made, @redespeon), but since none of them used the avatar, and those kinds of boards often attract trolls wanting to mess with people's heads, I kind of doubt their claims.

Yup, this. People either assume it's broken or the rate that those items refresh is so rare that it's not even worth checking because it could be literal months before they show up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kute said:

Haha, thanks for the laugh. Your title is great 🙂

AMA you say? !

How much of your soul has been stolen from the rubbish dump refreshes? 

I figure it must've been converted into old croutons and dung, judging by the rate at which I'm apparently dropping those into the dump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nielo said:

 

Yup, donations go to the Money Tree; we aren't actually able to donate anything to the dump. I've been confused by my name showing up on a Rubbish Dump item as well, but apparently that's just the dump's way of letting you know you've been hanging around for a while. Not at all creepy. 🙃

I always thought that the items we discard (rather than donate) go there? Is that not so? I discard everything snot or dung related. I despise those items lol.

Also... I know I live under a rock... but what is AMA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, charelan said:

I always thought that the items we discard (rather than donate) go there? Is that not so? I discard everything snot or dung related. I despise those items lol.

Also... I know I live under a rock... but what is AMA?

As far as I know, there's no way for us to give anything to the dump. (I assume the items we discard just disappear, but it would've made sense if they ended up at the dump.)

Urban Dictionary (which I visit more often than I'd like these days XD) tells me it means 'Ask Me Anything'. (It's a Reddit thing.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMA is also against medical advice, that might be the appropriate one for this scenario, lol.

Yeah I often end up on Urban Dictionary when it comes to looking for the meaning of internet acronyms - and finding out all kinds of stuff that I really didn't need to know about. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

AMA is also against medical advice, that might be the appropriate one for this scenario, lol.

Yeah I often end up on Urban Dictionary when it comes to looking for the meaning of internet acronyms - and finding out all kinds of stuff that I really didn't need to know about. 😅

Yeah, that was the first definition that popped up when googling. I figured it the other definition fit better, but thinking about it now, it does seem like refreshing the rubbish dump for 4 hours might be against medical advice. 😛

Yup. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nielo said:

Yeah, that was the first definition that popped up when googling. I figured it the other definition fit better, but thinking about it now, it does seem like refreshing the rubbish dump for 4 hours might be against medical advice. 😛

Yup. XD

Google nearly always gives the wrong definition first doesn't it, lol, makes you dig for what you really want, like it's a potato. Sorry Google, but surely the sign of a top notch search engine in this day and age is one that keeps up with the internet slang?

*Google has nervous breakdown*

There there, I was just teasing, I know that's impossible. 🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×