Game Reviews

granny63020

Does anyone know how long it takes for staff to review a game score?

49 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for staff to review a game score?

I was trying to find other topics that may have covered this, but I couldn't find anything that directly answers your question. I have heard it can take a couple of days, to a couple of weeks, and in some cases, not hear anything at all. If your score is accepted, you will receive a Neomail from TNT stating such. When your score is accepted, it will appear on the "High Score" table, for that game. If trophies haven't been awarded, and you are in a trophy awarding slot, you should receive a trophy. If, however, at the time your score was reviewed, would have been in a "trophy slot", but, when your score is accepted and it is now not in a "trophy awarding slot", you will not receive a trophy. If the score would have been high enough to get an avatar, you will get the avatar, when your score is accepted, and also your NP. Unfortunately, if your score is not accepted, you will not receive a Neomail.

On another note, I think you could have posted this in the "Neopets Help" section, without getting a warning from the moderators. I think the "Games" section is for having fun on TDN - a place where you can spam and post less than six word messages, without getting in trouble, and play chat board games. It's possible, by posting it here, that no one may have seen your topic or replied, so I'm glad I saw it. Hopefully, the moderators will move it, if it can be placed elsewhere, so that other TDNers can post their experiences with game review scores or give better info than me. (I never had a score review).

Thanks for the info. I looked for a place to post this and just wasn't sure where to go. I played the *Desert Race* for about 3+ hours and got a score that was a lot of points higher than the posted high score. I don't ever remember getting a score review either so I thought the best thing to do was to ask. I don't know if an avatar is involved but I do know I should get a gold trophy. Hi Score posted is 2799 but when I beat that score I just kept playing and I got a score of 3400 something something. I just remember it was a good score and I was so tired of playing I just went ahead and went to the finish line to end the game. Hopefully if I have posted in the wrong place a moderator will move the message like you suggest. Thanks again!

P.S. There should be no reason to deny my score. I earned it!

I got 852 on the Great Desert Race earlier this month, and it took them about 1.5 days to review the score, but I still managed to get a Bronze trophy so no complaints. I'm not sure what the threshold score for review is, but it just seems silly, because it's possible to score an infinitely high score in this game as long as you are patient enough. Anyway good luck, no avatar involved as far as I know, but hope you get that gold trophy!

Like @Scoobert_Doo said it can take days or weeks for them to review a score. A few months ago I was trying to get the Spinacles gold trophy and my score got sent in for review. I had to wait over 10 days for them to accept my score and by then I had been bumped down from gold to silver. Tried sending in a few more scores and each time waiting almost 2 weeks that I gave up trying for the gold trophy. I hope you only have to wait a day or so!

42 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Like @Scoobert_Doo said it can take days or weeks for them to review a score. A few months ago I was trying to get the Spinacles gold trophy and my score got sent in for review. I had to wait over 10 days for them to accept my score and by then I had been bumped down from gold to silver. Tried sending in a few more scores and each time waiting almost 2 weeks that I gave up trying for the gold trophy. I hope you only have to wait a day or so!

That just isn't right that you got bumped! They should have went from the time you submitted that score. Sometimes the way they do things is just plain screwy. I hope I don't wait long either but at least my score should hold up if someone else should try for a hi score. Well, at least I hope it holds up. It takes a long time to get a hi score in that game.

1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

I got 852 on the Great Desert Race earlier this month, and it took them about 1.5 days to review the score, but I still managed to get a Bronze trophy so no complaints. I'm not sure what the threshold score for review is, but it just seems silly, because it's possible to score an infinitely high score in this game as long as you are patient enough. Anyway good luck, no avatar involved as far as I know, but hope you get that gold trophy!

I can't believe they reviewed your score of 852. That's just crazy! At least the review was quick. I guess if I want to go for a game trophy then I might have to get use to being reviewed. ?

I didn't have my score flagged for review, but I did get a score to qualify for a trophy in Shenkuu Tangram just earlier last week. Took them about a day to do it. Wish they were quicker, cus I got bumped from silver to bronze by the time they approved my trophy.

20 hours ago, Duskitty said:

I didn't have my score flagged for review, but I did get a score to qualify for a trophy in Shenkuu Tangram just earlier last week. Took them about a day to do it. Wish they were quicker, cus I got bumped from silver to bronze by the time they approved my trophy.

That's exactly what Mouseykins said happened to her except she said it was 10 days before they got back to her plus it happened more than once with the same game. I know it is frustrating to wait but at least they got back to you in a day. I figure since it is the weekend I won't hear anything before Monday at the earliest but I hope I'm wrong. I'll post an update when I hear back from them.

• 4 weeks later...

OK on Dec 7 I posted a question about reviewing game scores. I had scored very high in The Great Desert Race, more than 1000 higher than the posted high score and after the game was over I got that message about reviewing my score. I still have not heard back from them but if I ever do that score was high enough for the gold trophy. Well, today I played this game again thinking maybe if I score high enough they will see that I deserve to have my trophy BUT I just finished the game with a score of 2779 and THERE WAS THAT MESSAGE!!!  Ugh, I'm under review again and they haven't let the last one go through.  Anyone else think I should send a message every day until they accept or reject my score? They also did this to me on another game, Dueling Decks. My score, which can be seen on the game page was 80000+ and they needed to review that score too. That was back in Sept so I played again and scored high enough for the silver trophy which I was awarded but I want the gold, I earned it. Since the score is listed as my high score giving me the gold trophy should not have been an issue. In fact it was the highest score that month for that game. Anyone have suggestions on how to get through to the thick heads that review scores? I can still find those emails that I sent about Dueling Decks, I didn't delete them. I also have sent the ticket number and the problem about the Dueling Decks on more than 1 occasion. I want to play games, I want to earn trophies but I am certainly frustrated about this.

The whole high scores thing needs a review, doesn't it. One of you guys on here said about it being a lot easier to get higher scores now with our much faster devices, so I suspect scores requiring reviewing are piling up rather a lot!

Ofc it'd be a NIGHTMARE task to revamp things, but it still needs doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a high score for Castle of Eliv Thade several years ago, way higher than anyone else - just good at anagrams. They said it had to be reviewed so I waited a week, then another week, sent a ticket in to find out what was happening but got no response. The next month I sent another ticket but again got no response. Tried again the following month, got no response and gave up. As I said this was several years ago. I don't think they're going to respond now.

I finally got a eply from support. They *approved* 2 of the 3 scores I sent in. I asked them about the 3rd score (which was the 1st score I submitted) and I never got an answer. I also finally got the Gold Trophy for The Great Desert Race. Had they approved the 1st score of 3400+ I would have high score but that's not what they did.

I also kept up the pressure on the Dueling Decks. They award 3 Trophies in each of the Gold, Silver and Bronze for high scores. I should have been awarded a Gold Trophy that night for the score I received. I had a score of 80900 and that was the highest out of the 3 high scores. I continued to play Dueling Decks that evening waiting to see the Gold Trophy show up. I ended up getting a score to qualify for the Silver Trophy. I was awarded the Silver Trophy. Just the other day while emailing back and forth with support I was told most members would be happy to receive a silver trophy. That didn't sit well with me and I of course told them that I would have been happy with that one if I haven't had earned the Gold Trophy. So, they said they would look into it but when I sent the emails from the original complaint I was told they don't have records back that far. (I think it was Oct but can't remember now without going back to look). My response was ... *Then why wasn't this taken care of when I sent in the complaint! Support says DO NOT keep sending in messages about the same problem.... ( I sent in updates about Dueling Decks at least twice) Personally if I have to send in a complaint in the future I plan on contacting them once or twice a week until it is resolved.  I did not get the Gold Trophy for Dueling Decks but I should have, I earned it.

• 5 years later...

The time it takes for staff to review a game score can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the review queue, the complexity of the game being reviewed, and the availability of staff members. Generally, game scores are reviewed as quickly as possible to ensure accuracy and fairness in the rating system.

However, it's essential to remember that the review process may take some time to ensure thorough evaluation and consideration of all aspects of the game. Additionally, staff members may have other responsibilities and tasks to attend to, which can affect the speed of the review process.

If you're waiting for a game score to be reviewed, I recommend being patient and understanding of the process. In the meantime, you can continue to engage with the community and enjoy other aspects of the platform. If you have any specific concerns or inquiries about a particular game score review, don't hesitate to reach out to the platform's support team for assistance.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

HelenLondon

I honestly appreciate you took the time to reply but I posted that message more than 4 years ago. A lot has happened since I posted that.

• Duma locked this topic