Is it against the rules to have someone else change your pet's gender?

TechoTrigger

Has this ever happened to you?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever hatched a Draik and it turned out to be the wrong gender?

• Yes....
    • Nope, I got lucky!
    • This is why I morph instead of hatch!

Hi, everyone! I made a mistake which involves my new pet being the wrong gender. I know you can easily change one's gender by battling the Lab Scientist. At the same time, you need the map to do this, which I don't have. It would be simpler to ask a kind Neopian to battle the scientist and then trade my pet back to me. At the same time, I heard that doing so is against Neopets' rules.

What do you guys think? Did TNT say anything specifically on this subject?

Thanks in advance!

I have the lab ray. If you'd like, I can change your Draik's gender for you.

Are you ok with 'babysitting' my lab rat for a day in exchange? You don't have to do anything besides keep em on your account for a day while I wait for transfer to be available again.

This is the EXACT issue I had with my Draik, my good friend and Neo-mentor @rntracy1 battled the lab scientist for me so my Draik could become the pretty girl she was intended to be. ☺️

medium_preview.png

Thanks for the clarification, @hrtbrk and for the kind offer, @Duskitty! And of course I'd be willing to babysit your lab rat. The only thing is, I created my Draik very recently, so we wouldn't be able to do the exchange until next Sunday (December 16). Are you alright with that? If so, I can either PM you the account the Draik is on or send a friend request to your account. Thanks again for offering. ?

@jellysundae, I am so glad someone else is in the same boat! And wow, your Draik is super pretty! You know what, it's such a coincidence that yours is speckled. I was debating between speckled and snow for my own Draik, but then I ended up with snow?

Here's my concept of my Draik on DTI! Though of course, in this version, he has the right gender. ?

preview.png

7 minutes ago, TechoTrigger said:

@jellysundae, I am so glad someone else is in the same boat! And wow, your Draik is super pretty! You know what, it's such a coincidence that yours is speckled. I was debating between speckled and snow for my own Draik, but then I ended up with snow?

Here's my concept of my Draik on DTI! Though of course, in this version, he has the right gender. ?

preview.png

Thanks! Mine stayed a Pirate for quite a long time, then Tracy suggested Speckled and when I tried it out on DTI I LOVED it, I'm really glad I painted her.

I like the grey eyes of the Snow colour a lot! I really dislike the regular Draik eye colour, hence me giving mine the Angry Meepit Eyes, we're totally spoilt with how they look all sweet and adorable on Draiks. ?

Your concept's great. a dapper-looking gent. :D My girl has that coat, I like it a lot.

1 hour ago, TechoTrigger said:

Thanks for the clarification, @hrtbrk and for the kind offer, @Duskitty! And of course I'd be willing to babysit your lab rat. The only thing is, I created my Draik very recently, so we wouldn't be able to do the exchange until next Sunday (December 16). Are you alright with that? If so, I can either PM you the account the Draik is on or send a friend request to your account. Thanks again for offering. ?

Yeah that's totally fine! Just send me a friend request on my main, striped_xweetok_5.

9 hours ago, TechoTrigger said:

VERY IMPORTANT!

I got an email from a Neopets staff member, who said it is, in fact, not allowed to lend your services to another member. I have to earn the lab map on my own.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the help!

It is against the rules to use a fountain faerie quest reward for a friend. But adopting out zapped pets is fine, so is transferring battle pets. It's not allowed to earn NP / NC or other items from it though afaik! I went searching through some older posts and found this (It's about ALP who offers lending out battle pets): The ALP we run is completely allowed, but TNT tells people not to borrow stuff to others (because if other people run away with your item or pet, it is your own fault). We run the ALP from donations and if someone decides to run off with our item/pet that is our problem. TNT does not think the ALP is a good idea, because of this, but they do allow it on our own risk.

Since ALP lends out a battle pet, you lending out your pet for someone else to battle with is fine too IF you accept the risk. You can't run and complain to TNT to reverse anything that happens if/when something happens (like a change in gender).

If you don't want to risk it you can always buy a Strange Potion.

2 hours ago, Trea said:

I have a question.  Can you just change their gender? Aren't you taking the chance that it will change the pet into another species?  I thought it was totally random.

Using the labray it's totally random. Battling the Lab Scientist in the battledome could change the gender of the pet you're battling with but only the gender and only if he uses his Strange Potion. He can not change color or species of your pet. You can buy the potion but only the Lab Scientist can have it equipped. The ones we can buy can't be equipped but the effect is the same: gender change.