• Lost Desert
    • Maraqua
    • Roo Island
    • Mystery Island
    • Meridell
    • Tyrannia
    • Virtupets
    • Terror Mountain

Yay, got back from my trip overseas just in time to sign up! 'Course, I missed the last half of the Lost Isle plot because of it T_T But at least I can do the AC instead.

Tough choice between Darigan and Shenkuu for me, but I finally had to go with Shenkuu -- mostly because the world is just cool and I love the Asian theme, partly because the team has some decent potential despite its weaknesses, and partly because that's where my Neohome is currently located -- gotta go with the home team, you know. ;)

And for people who've done some practice games: is anyone else being driven utterly *insane* by the new Darigan Yooyu? Half the time it takes me five or more clicks just to throw the thing, let alone get it to go anywhere close to the right direction! Or maybe it's actually the effect of having "inexperience" or "nervousness" or whatever as a player's weakness in their bio? Except it only seems to happen to me when the Darigan ball's in play...either way, it's unbelievably annoying to get the little guys up to the goal and then have them just stand there until the other team steals the ball back.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the info on the Altador Cup's standings page, it says that teams with more players won't have an advantage.

GO FAERIELAND!

last year we went down FIGHTING beccause of the stupid add-up-all-the-points system and the overwhelming numbers of mystery island, this year, our same members plus some new ones will show our experience and win with the NEW system!

Yep. That Darigan Yooyu thing is an annoying one. It works off of 90 degrees. So, face perpendicularly (directly) to the goal and it's fine. As you skew off of 90, that's when it throws you. It will go the same degrees off of 90 but the other way, if you get what I mean.

Perhaps a diagram will help:

yooyuballsh9.pngyooyuball2ys7.png

So that's how that stupid Yooyu works! Thanks for that one Matt, I sucked with the Darigan Yooyu.

And I still suck with it.

It just takes some practice, really.

Although I find it very impossible to score with it.

And that may get put into a Yooyuball guide which may or may not get written. ;)

I just think that because all the other teams have had experience wiell we haven't

Its not about experience of teams. Its the experience of its members.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Samuel).

New subforum.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Anything & Everything Neopets’ to ‘Altador Cup’.

The quizz was also telling me Kiko Lake

(I took it on a side account, after choosing my team, because I had no doubt I wanted to play for the MAQS!)

Ah ha! Altador never win as it is just a repeat of England in soccer. They sing "No more years of hurt, no more days of dreaming" even when they have not won a tournament for 41 years! And they invented the game!

BTW, I support Roo Island this year because Kreludor have benn kicked out.

TNT's so cruel!

Announcements