That Strength of Mind boon tho...

Yep, I'm givin' this a go this time around, let's see what it does for me. ?

My BD pet's a bright little chap, I've done most of his reading using the Book Smarts boon so his intelligence level's pretty good for 455 books read.

WrGZdqG.jpg

So with Seekers win today I had a choice - Book Smarts again, or Strength of Mind... I have just 12 books set aside that he needs to read since the last time the boon came around, so it didn't seem sensible to waste a boon on such a small amount, so Strength of Mind it is then!

*gulps* ?

So this is how much derrière he can usually kick.

EMdVH4i.jpg

Let's see how he does using the same weapons but boon-boosted!

Mind Blast ACTIVATE‼

gdqIoRH.jpg

WHOA‼ Not bad, huh?! ??

Let's see how much damage he can manage with the stronger weapons I use for the Obelisk opponents!

9xs8m2U.jpg

*coughs* Yes, well... ? we appear to be experiencing some temporary technical difficulties, normal programming will resume shortly. :ph34r:

In the meantime a brief intermission while we ponder on life.

Oh Lens Flare

What do you care

When we are trounced without you?

Just proves it's true

What you already knew

Well, that we're all pretty bloomin' useless to be honest... ?

Right! *cracks knuckles*

Let's see if I can avoid those pesky pillows this time!

???

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT‼ ?

3FXV0vm.jpg

So the question now is, do I hunt out a stronger opponent, or not... ? I'll have to research them and find one who's not going to use either Lens Flare or Throw Pillows on me...

Are there other horrible abilities that I need to look out for that I've not experienced yet? I'm looking for someone I can K.O. in one shot using the boon and those 600+ damage points, but I'm gonna get in a horrible mess if they can retaliate in any way, lol. My BD experience has mainly been with the Chia Clown, and then the Flaming Meerca, until I was able to 1-shot K.O. the Koi Warrior and I'm super nervous to try anyone else. ?

He did! But I'm not sure I'm brave enough to use it to its full potential. Losing the use of Lens Flare makes me too nervous, and confused. ?

I forgot, really, because I use it all the time, that without it, while the boon might give me WAY more damage ability then my opponent's HP, they can do things back to me that I'm not gonna be able to block and I only might be able to take them out in one go, and when I can't I could be on a quick trip down Asswhup Lane. ?

I think this boon needs a skilled BDer to get the best from it, and I need to stay the heck away. ?

While checking for a new opponent to fight I had a realisation though, I'd got really stuck in a rut with only ever fighting the Koi Warrior for the higher percentage of codestones. There's a lot of people out there with prize items that'd I'd like. Stamps and books for  a start, and something very helpful too!

8116.gif❤️❤️❤️

Expellibox gave my Kacheek Sneezles 2 days in a row a few days back ? on the 2nd day the Healing Springs cured him immediately, but the day before it took ALL DAY, so my BD mission right now is to fight Taelia on hard until I've got a little stockpile of these potions seeing as they're a global panacea, they cure everything, then I'll fight the Jelly Chia until I get a stamp he has, not decided who'll be after that. ☺️

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

While checking for a new opponent to fight I had a realisation though, I'd got really stuck in a rut with only ever fighting the Koi Warrior for the higher percentage of codestones. There's a lot of people out there with prize items that'd I'd like. Stamps and books for  a start, and something very helpful too!

8116.gif❤️❤️❤️

Expellibox gave my Kacheek Sneezles 2 days in a row a few days back ? on the 2nd day the Healing Springs cured him immediately, but the day before it took ALL DAY, so my BD mission right now is to fight Taelia on hard until I've got a little stockpile of these potions seeing as they're a global panacea and cure everything, then I'll fight the Jelly Chia until I get a stamp he has, not decided who'll be after that. ☺️<span>

i had no idea .. may be i will do the same :D 

these potions look awesome with the pentagram

REAL MAGIC 

38 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i had no idea .. may be i will do the same :D 

these potions look awesome with the pentagram

REAL MAGIC 

Yep! Both the Cooling Ointment, and its buddy 8115.gif?956the Warm Amber Ointment cure everything, the Amber one's a prize in the Pango Palladium.

11 hours ago, Angeló said:

i didn't get any potions for fighting the Snow Faerie today .. no Codestones either ?

i check Jelly Chia's stamps , they're pretty cheap .. like 5 & 10k 

Yeah I don't think the potion drop's a frequent one, and you definitely get less codestones, but the drops have a decent amount of rares and I'm happy to continue with Taelia till I have 2 or maybe 3 potions. Then as I use one I'll fight her again until I get one to replace it.

I know the stamps are pretty cheap, but then so am I, so I'll get it for free kthx. ?

Cool! Well, here's what we have on the Strength of Mind boon.

Strength of Mind
Let other grunts shove each other about. You feel smart enough to find another path to victory.

It would appear that due to your pet's high intelligence, that you've been granted the maximum Strength boost our pets can attain. That we reach at 750. Which gives us a boost (16x multiplier). Your pet should've done about 308 HP damage. But instead, you got almost 16 points of damage per icon. Very impressive!

Grants the ability 'Mind Blast' in the Battledome, which uses your pet's Intelligence as its Strength boost, once per battle.

3 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

It would appear that due to your pet's high intelligence, that you've been granted the maximum Strength boost our pets can attain. That we reach at 750.

So does that mean that if a maximum strength pet used Strength of Mind it wouldn't make any difference?

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

So does that mean that if a maximum strength pet used Strength of Mind it wouldn't make any difference?

Yup. That's my guess anyway since the max boost at the moment is 750. Who knows maybe in the future they'll up that too.

29 minutes ago, Duma said:

Yup. That's my guess anyway since the max boost at the moment is 750. Who knows maybe in the future they'll up that too.

That's interesting, though maybe actually not that many people know for sure?