Is the Space Faerie Code still obtainable?

redespeon

I saw in some thread that only some codes actually worked to get the SF as a challenger, which makes me hesitant to just buy the first one I see off eBay...does anyone know where I should look for one?

Or if it's a futile endeavor to begin with?

I saw that the avatar isn't counted as retired yet, but you never know with this kind of thing...

*cough* Dump Avatar *cough*

I bought a code off of ebay and it worked just fine. I think I paid $5 for it. I chose a seller that had good reviews, and I received an email with the code in less than 24 hours after making the payment. 

I wasn't aware that that's considered against the rules -- is it really? People were very blatantly selling comic con codes recently and I didn't hear about any repercussions about that. 

11 minutes ago, redespeon said:

Someone on The Site That Must Not Be Named sent me one for free, so I guess this matter is solved.

Now I only need a pet that actually stands a chance, my strongest is still struggling to clear difficulty 150.

Well, maybe not. Is your pet's level at least 50? If so, get the Faerie Ability "Throw Pillows". You can use it once per day, and it resets at midnight NST. Per TDN's "Battlepedia":

Prevents your opponent from using weapons during the round of use.

ref: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/faerie-abilities/#level50

So, you can battle the Space Faerie with two of your best/most damaging weapons, and use "Throw Pillows". She will not be able to use any weapons against you and you will be able to (slowly) drop her HP, until you win. Basically, "lather, rinse, repeat". Just make sure you wait for "Throw Pillows" to reset the next day, then attack. Depending on your weapons, and your pet's stats, it can take several days, but you can defeat her and get the avatar. And, once you are finished, you can train a different Faerie Ability , like Lens Flare, if you wish. You just may have to wait a day, and have enough light bottled faeries (15).

15 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Well, maybe not. Is your pet's level at least 50? If so, get the Faerie Ability "Throw Pillows". You can use it once per day, and it resets at midnight NST. Per TDN's "Battlepedia":

ref: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/faerie-abilities/#level50

So, you can battle the Space Faerie with two of your best/most damaging weapons, and use "Throw Pillows". She will not be able to use any weapons against you and you will be able to (slowly) drop her HP, until you win. Basically, "lather, rinse, repeat". Just make sure you wait for "Throw Pillows" to reset the next day, then attack. Depending on your weapons, and your pet's stats, it can take several days, but you can defeat her and get the avatar. And, once you are finished, you can train a different Faerie Ability , like Lens Flare, if you wish. You just may have to wait a day, and have enough light bottled faeries (15).

"Unfortunately" I have premium, so being unable to use the battledome for several days would end up costing me hundreds of thousand of NPs in lost nerk drops.