Travel thread

luckyhelen

Right now I am a full time student so I don't have a real income just school money. But when I graduate in the summer I am for sure saving to go somewhere with my mom. Probably a land and sea cruise. I really want to do the Mediterranean ones  I've never been out of the U.S. and certainly nowhere cool like Hawaii, but I have been to disneyworld a bunch and I am already itching to go back because it is truly one of my favorite places to be. I worked for Disney for many years and the whole Disney universe really has a special place in my heart. I hope in the future to go to Disney Paris and Shanghai. 

Where else have you been? 

The 2 places I would wanna go is the black forest(cuz y not)?,  and Virginia beach, Virginia. (I was born in norfolk, Virginia and we moved to the midwest when I was 5 so I dont have many memories of it. But I loved the ocean!)

I'd like to travel overseas but have yet to do so.

I do however play Ingress.    It's a 'Capture the Flag' sort of game that uses the GPS on your phone and landmarks all over the world.   If you're familiar with Pokemon Go it's the same company and the same map.   So in playing I've visited all sorts of little towns and out of the way points of interest I might otherwise have never been to or even known about.

I haven't traveled a lot yet but I would like to visit some countries for sure. For now all I've been to is Canada and some European countries. I would like to visit Japan, new zealand, Madagascar, maybe Hawaii, Norway or Sweden and Chili (I would love to go up in the mountains to watch stars!)

I love travelling! I studied in the UK and was able to save up enough from my part-time jobs to travel to some parts of Europe. I really want to visit Iceland in the summer, and Banff in the autumn to see the fall colours. Kiev is definitely on my list too, because a friend of mine volunteered in Ukraine and said everyone there is kind and friendly!

Hi.  My name is Kari, and I post very rarely, but I had to get into this thread with you guys.  Honestly feel as if I know you all being as I lurk almost every day.  Must say, the Black Forest is spectacular, especially Triberg with it's waterfalls!  I'm a native of Dallas but spent many years in Bavaria, and there's definately an appeal for southern Germany/Switzerland and Austria.  And the food!  ....well....we won't go there right now since I'm starving at the moment!!!  Would absolutely adore to go back one day!  If not....I'm a little facinated atm about Norway!  Would be amazing to sit back with an adult beverage and watch the northern lights dance in the sky!   Thanks for this post!  It's interesting to see y'alls opinions unrelated to neo! Much love to each.

For me as a photographer in California, I do have a day trip planned up into snow country up in the Sierras. :D Super cold but fun. CES Las Vegas is coming up soon. That's it for me as classes start right after the trade show for me. lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 2:22 AM, Kute said:

Right now I am a full time student so I don't have a real income just school money. But when I graduate in the summer I am for sure saving to go somewhere with my mom. Probably a land and sea cruise. I really want to do the Mediterranean ones  I've never been out of the U.S. and certainly nowhere cool like Hawaii, but I have been to disneyworld a bunch and I am already itching to go back because it is truly one of my favorite places to be. I worked for Disney for many years and the whole Disney universe really has a special place in my heart. I hope in the future to go to Disney Paris and Shanghai. 

Where else have you been? 

I'm a student in Shanghai and I've been to Disneyland twice now! It is the best place to be! The enchanted castle in Shanghai Disneyland may be the prettiest and biggest I've ever seen ❤️ But then again, I've only been to two (Shanghai and Paris lol). I would really love to visit Disneyworld in Orlando. Who wouldn't wanna go to the biggest Disney theme park in the world? 

Perhaps, I'll aim to go to the parks closer to me first - Hongkong and Tokyo!

• 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I LOVE traveling! It's been about a year since we went on a true vacation, although we regularly travel to visit his family in Louisiana and just a few weeks ago we went to Arkansas for a job interview and spent some time in Memphis (good BBQ, but the city itself was not what I thought it would be lol). Our last real vacation was to Cancun. I would go back there in a heartbeat! Gorgeous beaches with crystal clear, brilliant blue water... perfect weather... a million things to do... and everyone is generally very nice and everything is CHEAP! We had a blast there and stayed at a beautiful resort. We are planning to go back soon ?️?

Some other places on my top list of places I want to go are St. Lucia, Iceland, Scandanavia, and so many others.... I just love to travel and experience new places. Ireland is one of my favorite places I have visited, and I would love to go again! It was breathtakingly beautiful and the people are SO nice.