Enter The Runway #71!

Nielo

If you're new to the contest, or simply want a reminder of the rules, they can be found right here.

I also just want to remind everyone that taking a screenshot of your entry (or asking me to make one, or asking me to explain how to make one) is always okay; some items just look a little weird in the still image DTI provides. ?

With the holidays coming up, I'm pretty sure I won't have enough time to set up the thread next week, so it's going to be a two week entering period. This also means you'll have more time to work on this round's rather unconventional theme, which consists of two entries per person. To even things out (and to make sure everybody has a chance to check out all the entries), I've also extended the voting period by one week.

Current theme: Unconverted vs Converted
Description: Dress up two different versions of the same pet: one converted, one unconverted.*
Entering period: Monday, December 17 - Sunday, December 30
Voting period: Monday, December 31 - Sunday, January 13

*To dress up an unconverted pet on DTI, just pick the unconverted option from the 'appearance' dropdown menu.

Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or theme ideas! :D

Just now, jellysundae said:

'scuse me miss, I'm a bit confused‼ :ph34r:

The customisations, they can be entirely different? It just has to be the same pet in old and new form?

Yup, as long as they feature the same pet in its old & new form, the customisations can be completely different. (Whether you'd want them to be completely different, is another question altogether though. I want people to be free to customise this however they want, but personally, I think that two entries which are at least slightly related (by more than just featuring different versions of the same pet) would be more interesting. Then again, I'm (still!) horrible at guessing what will do well in this contest, so who knows what'd be more interesting. ?)

On 12/17/2018 at 9:06 PM, Nielo said:

Yup, as long as they feature the same pet in its old & new form, the customisations can be completely different. (Whether you'd want them to be completely different, is another question altogether though. I want people to be free to customise this however they want, but personally, I think that two entries which are at least slightly related (by more than just featuring different versions of the same pet) would be more interesting. Then again, I'm (still!) horrible at guessing what will do well in this contest, so who knows what'd be more interesting. ?)

Right, ok‼ I've had an idea now, I wonder if I can pull it off... ? :ph34r:

@Nielo I'm struggling with this because it means having to go through every single colour of every pet to find the ones with the unconverted option.

Is it ok for us to use the Dr Sloth guide to see which ones we can use?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to making two entries, it was a great idea to extend the entering and voting periods, I`ve been so busy with the holidays and family, I haven`t been able to make the entries before now. :P Good luck everyone, I look forward to see your entries!

@aleu1986 I think you're not the only one who's been busy with holiday/family stuff, as I've only had 4 entries so far. If I don't receive any more entries today, I'll extend the entering period by another week. (It could be that this theme simply isn't that inspiring for people though, but even if there won't be any more entries, the round will start next week at the latest. ? )

1 minute ago, Nielo said:

@aleu1986 I think you're not the only one who's been busy with holiday/family stuff, as I've only had 4 entries so far. If I don't receive any more entries today, I'll extend the entering period by another week. (It could be that this theme simply isn't that inspiring for people though, but even if there won't be any more entries, the round will start next week at the latest. ? )

I know I've not managed to enter so far, Christmas impacts hugely on my ability to do anything at all because of the MS - so much mental overload :wacko: and my Christmas is very low-key, just the day itself spent with mum, sis and her bf, but I'm only returned to about 50% of my usual level of inefficiency so far, so getting back to thinking about my Runway entry is getting nothing but :huh: from my brain at the mo, lol.

I had some ideas forming after looking through Dr. Sloth's images before, and doing some comparing with converted pets, those ideas are hiding right now though :ph34r: but you posting in here might just give the synapses the kick they need so you never know!