Is there any actual point to the limited edition Hue Brews?

jellysundae

These things are just confusing me enormously. ?

I used this one earlier this year.

61053.gif

I'd assumed that there were no alternative colour options because those were like a limited time only thing and had expired long ago, I was actually expecting to not be able to use it at all.

So when we got another special one this year I check it out straight away, but...

image.png.b3153371acc44be45a188f188f26f026.png

Nope, still just the regular colour options.

So yeah, I am so very confused. ?

What am I missing? Or am I just expecting something that's not actually there? ?‍♀️

Sounds very confusing indeed friend!

I myself just used mine with my silver star bracers thingy and I was reeeeally hoping it would make them the blueish teal, and I got pink instead. #devastated XD (note I've never used one before so I had no idea what to expect.)

I hope it all gets figured out for you friend! Have a good day! ?

Yeah, as far as I can tell (although I have no personal experience with using any dyeworks potions), the limited edition holiday ones only look different, without actually offering different colours. This is what JN's guide says (although it's still quite vague):

Special Holiday Editions

The Advent Calendar has given out special edition Hue Brew potions on three occasions. These potions have a festive holiday design, and can be used just like the original Dyeworks Hue Brew Potion.

So yeah, it appears it's just about having festive looking potions. ?

*sigh* oh well. What a tease then to make them different colours!

They're a good thing to have, anyway, nice to have tucked away in case any of the NC items I have get recoloured in the future. :nod_yes: