Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
hrtbrk

Lyra and the Lost Heirloom: Ruins of Thanyros

Recommended Posts

I'm never gonna get the time achievement, but at least I got the others - except for the keeping up with thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aranel said:

I was all excited that I finally seemed to be able to make the doors move... and then suddenly one glitched, and got stuck partway turned???? I could walk around still, but the door was at a weird diagonal and I couldn't make it move anymore. Weird!

This game is going to end up being an advertisement for WD-40, just you watch. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Angeló said:

what is WD-40 ?

i stopped all my background and start-up programs and Lyra is still at slorg pace

 

HA, I even checked up on WD-40 to see if it was sold globally, and as it's manufactured in the US I thought I'd be safe, but nope, not everyone knows what it is. 😅

It's a lube thingy, I'm sure you have something like it in the Lebanon

5b28d646-3091-4df0-ab62-5a2530269bd0_1.4

Lyra's pretty well-behaved for me, thankfully.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jellysundae said:
12 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

It's a lube thingy, I'm sure you have something like it in the Lebanon

we have the same product :D but i just dont focus on that section in the shop

 

 

Lyra's pretty well-behaved for me, thankfully.

did u get the 25-sec achievement ? u can watch my video in the previous page to see how she slows down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angeló said:

did u get the 25-sec achievement ? u can watch my video in the previous page to see how she slows down

HAHAHAHA, it took me about 10 minutes to reach the exit. 😂 Speed runs are NOT something I can achieve, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what these achievements mean? I know I didn't complete the maze in under 20 seconds, so I have no idea what the "Just in Time" achievement is. (Unless its like a participation achievement.) I'm stumped with the second achievement too.

 

1658548295_ScreenShot2018-12-22at10_48_52AM.thumb.png.b0b681b341e07e82ecac5d8ccd09cd4d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Empress_Kaida said:

Does anyone know what these achievements mean? I know I didn't complete the maze in under 20 seconds, so I have no idea what the "Just in Time" achievement is. (Unless its like a participation achievement.) I'm stumped with the second achievement too.

 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=acd37155abd03c5e1658548295_ScreenShot2018-12-22at10_48_52AM.thumb.png.b0b681b341e07e82ecac5d8ccd09cd4d.png

The second one is still unknown. So that one hasn't been completed by anyone. For the third one it needs to be completed in 25 seconds or less and the last one is to open max 5 doors to get to the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time achievement was not difficult for me as long as the doors worked properly. Took a few resets. But I made it out at exactly 25 seconds using the guide. Try not to hit the walls other than at the doors as you make your way through the maze because youll lose time. The difficult part was collecting the scarabs because of the glitched doors i would find myself stuck unable to proceed with 4/5 . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot for the life of me, get those stupid doors to rotate! I did it once when doing a blind run, and I tried then to do it again but I have no idea how it happened anyway, and now I'm following the guide and they won't move 😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BEE. said:

I cannot for the life of me, get those stupid doors to rotate! I did it once when doing a blind run, and I tried then to do it again but I have no idea how it happened anyway, and now I'm following the guide and they won't move 😠

I'm with you Sister! I am having a hard time with moving the doors and I can not get the one near #4 to move at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I'm with you Sister! I am having a hard time with moving the doors and I can not get the one near #4 to move at all.

Keep trying! I managed to get there in the end. Just need to beat it in 25 seconds now, although I'm not sure it will happen. I keep losing time when the doors decide they want to take years to actually move 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Seriously, most of the time I was pressing left, and I'd end up going UP!  >_> 

I had the same kind of issue! I wonder if it's related to the direction each door faces/turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BEE. said:

Keep trying! I managed to get there in the end. Just need to beat it in 25 seconds now, although I'm not sure it will happen. I keep losing time when the doors decide they want to take years to actually move 🙄

I finally made it in 25 seconds. I don't know if it was an illusion or not, but it felt like I went faster when I walked in the middle of the paths without hugging the walls. Those scarabs became the true pain once I figured out the doors.

 

edit- looks like that was already mentioned by Kute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 6:39 PM, Sciurus carolinensis said:

I finally made it in 25 seconds. I don't know if it was an illusion or not, but it felt like I went faster when I walked in the middle of the paths without hugging the walls. Those scarabs became the true pain once I figured out the doors.

 

edit- looks like that was already mentioned by Kute

Thanks for pointing out the tip. My best so far is 29 seconds, but now the first door won't move in good time, no matter how I approach it. This is really annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the time achievement just now after several attempts. I actually gave up on that time achievement and went after the treasure and scarab achievement instead. This thing depends in part on the set up of the board when you start the game; there was a pile of treasure in a spot that was impossible to reach one time.  Anyway, I checked out the tip on the neoboard (link above) to shrink the screen and it worked. Got it at exactly 25 seconds on the the third try after shrinking the screen. Tried to stay in the middle of the paths as well and the doors.... well the doors are the doors. The smaller screen helps a lot tho. I also reverted to the basic site theme as suggested by the TDN Guide. That helped with the lag. Also took me a while to figure out how to move Lyra in the first place lol. Good luck to everyone still working on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, acmerasta said:

I got the time achievement just now after several attempts. I actually gave up on that time achievement and went after the treasure and scarab achievement instead. This thing depends in part on the set up of the board when you start the game; there was a pile of treasure in a spot that was impossible to reach one time.  Anyway, I checked out the tip on the neoboard (link above) to shrink the screen and it worked. Got it at exactly 25 seconds on the the third try after shrinking the screen. Tried to stay in the middle of the paths as well and the doors.... well the doors are the doors. The smaller screen helps a lot tho. I also reverted to the basic site theme as suggested by the TDN Guide. That helped with the lag. Also took me a while to figure out how to move Lyra in the first place lol. Good luck to everyone still working on this. 

congrats :) 

i still can't get her to move at a regular pace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's official! I give up trying to make the 25 second run through the maze. I'm aggravated that I can not get those doors to open when I get to them. I believe I have done my best. I have reduced the screen size. I have changed the screen to a basic color. I have spent several hours on this so it's not like I tried a couple of times and gave up. I hate being a quitter but that is exactly what I have become. I did manage to get the other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finally got the 25 seconds achievement.  I can't even tell you how many times I finished the game in 26 seconds 😕

After a bit I just kept refreshing the game if there were any visible barriers on the first part of the maze.  It was tough.

Any word yet on the Keeping Up With the Xendricks solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geoterza said:

I just finally got the 25 seconds achievement.  I can't even tell you how many times I finished the game in 26 seconds 😕

After a bit I just kept refreshing the game if there were any visible barriers on the first part of the maze.  It was tough.

Any word yet on the Keeping Up With the Xendricks solution?

Good job on getting the achievement! For now, we don't know yet about the Keeping up solution, at least none that I know. I've read every part of the story so far too. We'll have to wait a bit longer I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...