New Year Comes New Changes!

Mouseykins

ALP has a short announcement for everyone wishing to join pet chains. Starting in 2019 were are increasing the post count minimum required to participate in the chains. We feel that getting to 25 posts is far to easy and often members only require those 25 posts to participate in the chains due to a high avatar account. This means we do not get as much forums interaction and we'd like to know who we're lending to a little bit better. This isn't a drastic increase, so don't worry! We're only raising the minimum posts required to 50 posts. Everything else will remain the same. Our goal is to ensure our pets are being lent out safely.

We at the ALP apologize for any inconvenience this may pose to you, but feel this is in the best interests of our program.

Happy Lending!

Also as I side note, I want to reiterate the fact that you will be contacted in the first couple days of the month for your chain on THE FORUMS.  Please check your forums account, as there seems to recently be some confusion with several people not realizing this.  The only time you will be contacted via neomail is if you put down a forums account that doesn't exist ? 

On 12/24/2018 at 9:53 PM, weezieb3 said:

I think this is a great idea. I've been in the forums for almost 4 years and just now feel comfortable to ask about the APL.

I'm glad our change is being mostly well-received! There are risks involved with the pet lending and we want everyone to have a safe lending experience. If you have any questions about any of the ALP, please feel free to send me a message. I'm here to help!

13 hours ago, jaydeed said:

Totally understand and thank you for all you do here.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

3 hours ago, MedEx said:

Oh, dang. I understand the reason why this is being done, but now I won't be able to join the chain :(

You've been a member of the forums for a while and if you were more active you would have the required posts. Not trying to be mean here, I know there may be outside reasons why you're less active here and that's completely alright. My point is we want to lend to active members of our community and not just people who post the bare minimum just to use the ALP pet lending services. We encourage our members to engage in conversations on the forums and to stick around so our community remains active.

You're halfway there and I'm sure in a month or two you'll have the required 50 posts. ?

I was worried, until I read the requirements change, PHEW, lol.

I don't think it's unreasonable to wish for people to be active participants on the site to be able to enjoy using the ALP, 50 posts is nothing, really (says the person who talks rather a lot :ph34r:)

Chat with us just a little bit and you'll hit the target before you know it, @MedEx ☺️

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2018 at 6:39 PM, emily_speck_15 said:

Also as I side note, I want to reiterate the fact that you will be contacted in the first couple days of the month for your chain on THE FORUMS.  Please check your forums account, as there seems to recently be some confusion with several people not realizing this.  The only time you will be contacted via neomail is if you put down a forums account that doesn't exist ? 

I didn't know this, thank you for the heads up! I haven't joined any pet chains yet, as I'm still new to the forums, but I'm excited for the opportunity! 

I feel like this is a totally reasonable request! I appreciate the opportunity, thank you for all you do! 

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.