Trying to whet Turmy's appetite...

jellysundae

So I've been wondering if Turmy's renowned reluctant to eat anyone's petpet is down some pretty fundamental dietary preferences.

Here's me, trying - and perpetually failing - to get him to eat poor Nolly cardboard_petpet_3.gifsince 22nd November 2014. He's not interested, and can you blame him? Would YOU want to chow down on a chunk of cardboard?! I know I wouldn't!

So I'm trying with something a little more appetising!

hasee_birthday.gif

Of course if Turmy's gluten-intolerant or allergic to eggs we may have a WHOLE different situation on our hands here, but one problem at a time, ya know? xD

Don't be fooled by the cuteness either, this ball of batter's got a bit of an attitude...

image.png.1a7ce2fa0a1eabe1ac1d1dd4a56090cd.png

The cheek of it!

I could have used one of those yucky Custard Arootas Expellibox dumps on us but yeah, yucky. I wanted Turmy to appreciate that I was willing to cough up for a decent tasty snack rather than be a tight-wad and use a freebie, especially a particularly unappetising-looking freebie! And who doesn't like cake? Even the most dedicated carnivore likes a bit of cake on occasion.

SO! Am I wasting my time??

UNDOUBTEDLY‼

?

But, and that's the thing isn't it, but...

You don't really know, it just might work... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Trea said:

I can't bear to let him eat any of my petpets.

To be honest that's why I'm trying with the Hasee, I've become attached to the cute l'il Liobits over the last 4 years and I'd be horrified if Turmy ate it. ? So this way, my Kacheek can have him back once the deed is done! ?

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

that's a risk worth taking , @jellysundae

i'd lend you my Jelly Blobikins except he's zapped so it'll revert back to whatever it was before :P

Aw, you're a sweetie,  Angeló ? Maybe I should have tried with that Chocolate lab rat petpet of mine! It's a pile of soot again right now. ?

This is hilarous @jellysundae, I recently started actively trying to get this avvie again and I picked my ill-fated petpet based on 1) I have a bazillion of them in my SDB and 2) because I thought maybe Turmy would mistake the little guy for a lobster dinner lol

2.png
The_Dragon_Gourmet says 'You look delish!'...

gracklebug_maraquan.gif
Turmy Food roars loudly!

The things we do for these avvies, amirite?! Good luck baiting him with your little cupcake!

48 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Hey I'm not proud, he ate my Custard Aroota after a few months. I actually think they're quite cute :blush02:

He DID?! You mean I'm actually onto something here? ?

If it was one of my petpets, he'd definitely eat it, and it wouldn't matter what type. If I had a dung petpet attached, I'm sure he'd eat it! He's claimed two, so far. The two of us are going to "dance" in the Battledome, someday, and it's not going be "Dancing with the Stars" - I'll be dancing and he'll be seeing stars. Unfortunately, I think he knows if you have a beloved petpet attached, or not. And that's the petpet he wants to eat. I think he is a Neopian version of Stephen King's "IT". If it's the avatar you're after, it reminds me of "The Avengers: Infinity War", where Thanos goes to Vormir with Gamora to obtain the Soul Stone. In order to possess the power of the Soul Stone, you must sacrifice the soul of someone you love - a soul for a soul. In this case, a loved petpet for an avatar you'd "love" to have...

EDIT: Awesome name for the Birthday Hasee, though!

EDIT EDIT: Or "Taystie" could be the new nickname for Taylor Swift fans...

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I'll be dancing and he'll be seeing stars.

Fighting talk from Scoobs‼ A perfect excuse for this chap I do believe!

gnorbu_green_box.gifmd_turmaculus_sleeps.gif

So this is basically a Faustian bargain?...

So Turmy's really a pagan entity we're trying to make sacrifices to?...

This is all a bit deep! ?

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Fighting talk from Scoobs‼ A perfect excuse for this chap I do believe!

gnorbu_green_box.gifmd_turmaculus_sleeps.gif

So this is basically a Faustian bargain?...

So Turmy's really a pagan entity we're trying to make sacrifices to?...

This is all a bit deep! ?

Sorry. I'm still bitter about Turmy eating my petpets, even though I knew the risks and kept visiting him, and, worse, even after I got the avatar from the first one. Which is why I'm using a sad Marble Pie as my TDN avatar.

I don't know. I think Turmy is mild, compared to "Feed Florg". I sometimes have a hard time playing that game. It just doesn't seem right.

16 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Sorry. I'm still bitter about Turmy eating my petpets, even though I knew the risks and kept visiting him, and, worse, even after I got the avatar from the first one. Which is why I'm using a sad Marble Pie as my TDN avatar.

I don't know. I think Turmy is mild, compared to "Feed Florg". I sometimes have a hard time playing that game. It just doesn't seem right.

Don't ever apologise for mourning your lose. Though is it more angry at yourself for continuing to visit? I only ever played Feed Florg for the Top Gamer avatar, not been near it again, it's too creepy.

Hmmm, you've got me wondering now, maybe, deep down, I'm basically expecting Turmy to NEVER eat my petpet, and that's why I'm ok with trying. We'll see what impact it has on me if he ever does the deed... ?

i remember he ate my warf 

personally i don't think petpets die when they go in Turmy's belly . Instead they go to a huge garden inside his stomach where they can play forever .. that's why he doesn't eat petpets very often .. he can't save them all inside (only when one dies of natural causes he eats another one to replace it)  

20 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i remember he ate my warf 

personally i don't think petpets die when they go in Turmy's belly . Instead they go to a huge garden inside his stomach where they can play forever .. that's why he doesn't eat petpets very often .. he can't save them all inside (only when one dies of natural causes he eats another one to replace it)  

Well that's a rather cute idea. ? May he get ever fatter then, to make more room!

1 hour ago, MedEx said:

If I was Turmy I'm not sure I would want to eat the new petpet either. It's too cute, I would feel so bad about it

Maybe that IS why he doesn't eat 'em! I might need another game plan here, lol.

The Hasee's done something useful for me anyway, whilst waiting to be masticated!

symol_hole.gif

hasee_birthday.gif
Taystie jumps out of the hole a few seconds later...

It appears that Taystie came back a little richer. They must have found the 440 np in the hole...

EDIT

@Angeló @Duma @DragonPhoenix @lojoco49 @weezieb3 @Kute @Granny63020 @midnight_spell360 @Vlagopus @Nielo

So guys, I got the Turmy avatar yesterday!! Just 3 months after switching to a calorific pet pet, lojoco did the same and got it after a few months too!!

... think there really IS something to this?! :snitch:

Scoobs, if you read this, I'm not excluding you, I just felt it'd be poor taste to ping you to this thread because of your past history with Turmy. ?

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:36 PM, jellysundae said:

The Hasee's done something useful for me anyway, whilst waiting to be masticated!

symol_hole.gif

hasee_birthday.gif
Taystie jumps out of the hole a few seconds later...

It appears that Taystie came back a little richer. They must have found the 440 np in the hole...

EDIT

@Angeló @Duma @DragonPhoenix @lojoco49 @weezieb3 @Kute @Granny63020 @midnight_spell360 @Vlagopus @Nielo

So guys, I got the Turmy avatar yesterday!! Just 3 months after switching to a calorific pet pet, lojoco did the same and got it after a few months too!!

Scoobs, if you read this, I'm not excluding you, I just felt it'd be poor taste to ping you to this thread because of your past history with Turmy. ?

I'm not sure if you can count "MONTHS" as a good error margin ... if you got it withing a week , we could be on to something here ...  

Maybe , Maybe .. it's all possible ..

But edible petpets are relatively new .. 

On this account I got the avatar with a common petpet (angelpuss or something) and fairly quickly ..

On previous account I never got it .. 

On 12/31/2018 at 6:36 AM, jellysundae said:

RIP Taystie little cupcake... you lived a noble life and your sacrifice for Jelly's avvie count is respectfully noted.

Seriously though, good for you, I'm still trying to get him to eat the dumb lobster but Turmy clearly prefers sweets to seafood! 

2 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I'm still trying to get him to eat the dumb lobster but Turmy clearly prefers sweets to seafood!

His girth kind of gives his food likes away, doesn't it, ALLL THE SUGAR. If Turmy was a human he'd be one of those 600lb guys who needs a hoist to get him out of bed, wouldn't he...

Maybe try him with a Custard Aroota then? We have documented evidence of success with this petpet from @lojoco49 Is there a petpet that looks like a burger? :ph34r: That might be more up his street, too. ?

I had a Chuchuana as pet and it took him years to eat it, but he did. Then I had a Wain as petpet and to see if he would wake up or not I'd go and visit Turmy at a possible time for that day and he ate my Wain. That was only a few months (Not sure anymore but at least it was less than 3 months) after he ate the Chuchuana.

I always thought that couldn't happen! Kinda weird to have pets getting eaten on a site originally made for kids, eh?

I'm just glad Neopets don't die when you don't feed them for a few weeks. (Well now I feel like a bad owner. :P)