Happy Aisha Day!

hrtbrk

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

When I look at the Stealthy Aisha, all I can think of is - "Luke, I am your father!"

SAME‼

I like it a LOT though, it's GREAT that they haven't got the pupil-less eyes of the other stealthy pets. Makes them a super-usable base colour, and Stealthy is a lovely base colour.

medium_preview.png

The outfit's totally adorable, the hat does give it that 20s vibe, doesn't it, but it's quite country I think. Makes me think of Anne of Green Gables even though she pre-dates the 20s by a decade and more. The hair's totally wrong ofc, no girl would DREAM of stepping outside with anything so casual in those days, her mother would die of shame for starters. ? Very cute hair though, and as usual the Aisha totally rocks it.

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

SAME‼

I like it a LOT though, it's GREAT that they haven't got the pupil-less eyes of the other stealthy pets. Makes them a super-usable base colour, and Stealthy is a lovely base colour.

medium_preview.png

The outfit's totally adorable, the hat does give it that 20s vibe, doesn't it, but it's quite country I think. Makes me think of Anne of Green Gables even though she pre-dates the 20s by a decade and more. The hair's totally wrong ofc, no girl would DREAM of stepping outside with anything so casual in those days, her mother would die of shame for starters. ? Very cute hair though, and as usual the Aisha totally rocks it.

Yes I like the hair too .. i'll get it for Edhana one day

is Anne of Green Gables related to Clark (of blue) Gable ?

40 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Now THAT would be the plot twist of the century. ? Anne of Green Gables was written in 1908 though, so you NEVER KNOW! :snitch:  <--Clark Gable expression, lol.

17 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

The clothing is nice - is it supposed to be 1920 - 1930ish fashion?

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The outfit's totally adorable, the hat does give it that 20s vibe, doesn't it, but it's quite country I think. Makes me think of Anne of Green Gables even though she pre-dates the 20s by a decade and more. The hair's totally wrong ofc, no girl would DREAM of stepping outside with anything so casual in those days,

It's supposed to be an explorer outfit so I think the hat is a prettied up pith/safari helmet (30's or 40's maybe?) and I guess the hair fits the explorer theme - but the frilly dress?? 

29 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

It's supposed to be an explorer outfit so I think the hat is a prettied up pith/safari helmet (30's or 40's maybe?) and I guess the hair fits the explorer theme - but the frilly dress?? 

Explorer?! Well that's a bit bizarre, isn't it! ? That's totally not a pith helmet, you're being way too nice cuttin' 'em some slack there, I think they've given a set entirely the wrong name. Not like JS to mess things up like that, is it! cough.gif

But whatever daftly inappropriate name they gave it, it's a very cute set regardless. ?

I thought it was a cloche hat:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFvKi8PbX8kfq2qpTD1WZ

Hence, my thinking 1920s - 1930s outfit. Guess I was "off the mark".

And, yes, the Stealthy base color is great. I've always liked Aishas, surprised I don't have one. Anyhow, I forgot to mention Happy Aisha Day!

That outfit is absolutely ADORABLE. I have to get a girl Aisha one day, knight is definitely too macho to wear all the cute Aisha clothes out there.

23 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I thought it was a cloche hat:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFvKi8PbX8kfq2qpTD1WZ

Hence, my thinking 1920s - 1930s outfit. Guess I was "off the mark".

And, yes, the Stealthy base color is great. I've always liked Aishas, surprised I don't have one. Anyhow, I forgot to mention Happy Aisha Day!

It looks almost exactly like that one! Hmm not aware of cloche hats being part of an explorer's outfit hahahahaha

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

Yes I like the hair too .. i'll get it for Edhana one day

Couldn't help it, and, yes, terrible pun:

The reply - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give an Anne!"

Is the hair separate, or is it a hat/wig combo?

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Couldn't help it, and, yes, terrible pun:

The reply - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give an Anne!"

Is the hair separate, or is it a hat/wig combo?

hahahaahahaa omg this is great to wake up to :D 

it's a combo i'm afraid ... the hat comes with the hair

Haha, you guys are funny, always good when a thread triggers a nice bit of randomness. ?

Scoob's cloche hat example could well have been the reference pic the artist used, couldn't it!

HA, I was playing on DTI, wanting to see how the outfit looked on the Stealthy base, and found THIS.

image.png.7d25b0d926ee89a7ea0efd606a5e36ba.pngimage.png.5f0c66070f508bada518e9f4a19f1f3a.pngimage.png.581b27f98907006a6da90e5959ccd554.png

So... in Aisha language "explorer" means 1920's lady, and "warrior" means Japanese school girl? ?‍♀️ The blonde wig's just there to confuse and distract, a well-known method for a warrior whose size is against them.

Not all the items are on DTI yet, so I used what I could, plus other Aisha-specific clothes, and made a pretty outfit! me likey! That muted dark blue really is a fantastic foil for items. Most of the pet colours are too bright and/or too light and fight for your attention with the clothes, but tone one aspect down and look how the rest POPS. ?

medium_preview.png

Here's the same outfit on yellow to illustrate my point.

medium_preview.png

EEEK, my eyes?

I'm seriously considering my Xwee ending up as a Stealthy Aisha now :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

So... in Aisha language "explorer" means 1920's lady

i think we are reading this wrong 

Women doing Self-exploration in the 20's was a thing ..  with the suffragette movement and everything 

10 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i think we are reading this wrong 

Women doing Self-exploration in the 20's was a thing ..  with the suffragette movement and everything 

I guess it's a good thing Aisha's can't use hand-held items then, Neo being a kids' site an' all. :ph34r:

OFC I'm talking about bricks to throw through windows here, get your minds out of the gutter! Don't want to be encouraging delinquent behaviour!

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, you guys are funny, always good when a thread triggers a nice bit of randomness. ?

Scoob's cloche hat example could well have been the reference pic the artist used, couldn't it!

HA, I was playing on DTI, wanting to see how the outfit looked on the Stealthy base, and found THIS.

image.png.7d25b0d926ee89a7ea0efd606a5e36ba.pngimage.png.5f0c66070f508bada518e9f4a19f1f3a.pngimage.png.581b27f98907006a6da90e5959ccd554.png

So... in Aisha language "explorer" means 1920's lady, and "warrior" means Japanese school girl? ?‍♀️ The blonde wig's just there to confuse and distract, a well-known method for a warrior whose size is against them.

Not all the items are on DTI yet, so I used what I could, plus other Aisha-specific clothes, and made a pretty outfit! me likey! That muted dark blue really is a fantastic foil for items. Most of the pet colours are too bright and/or too light and fight for your attention with the clothes, but tone one aspect down and look how the rest POPS. ?

medium_preview.png

Here's the same outfit on yellow to illustrate my point.

medium_preview.png

EEEK, my eyes?

I'm seriously considering my Xwee ending up as a Stealthy Aisha now :ph34r:

The Aisha Warrior Outfit I get, because I think it references this:

Emily-Browning-in-Sucker-Punch-2011.jpg

This is the character "Baby Doll", from the movie "Sucker Punch". And she definitely has some "warrior" moves. The outfit also brings images of Sailor Moon.

Here is what came to my mind, when I first saw the Aisha Explorer Outfit:

mummy-the-1999-001-rachel-weisz-1000x750

This is "Evelyn Carnahan", in the movie remake of "The Mummy". However, it doesn't quite match the Aisha outfit - no hat, and no dress. But the Aisha outfit made me think of one of the quotes in the movie:

Evelyn : Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am.

Rick : And what is that?

Evelyn : I... am a librarian.

Yes, the Aisha "Explorer" outfit makes me think of a librarian. "The Mummy" is supposed to take place in the 1920s. And, librarians are explorers. Explorers of books. Still, I think Neopets is referencing some movie or real world reference with the outfit. I just haven't pinpointed it, yet.

EDIT: I guess the only thing I can conclude is Rachel Weisz is an Aisha.

28 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

The Aisha Warrior Outfit I get, because I think it references this:

Emily-Browning-in-Sucker-Punch-2011.jpg

This is the character "Baby Doll", from the movie "Sucker Punch". And she definitely has some "warrior" moves. The outfit also brings images of Sailor Moon.

Stuff like this I just don't pick up on you see, it's a flippin' MIRACLE if I spot a pop culture inspired outfit. ?

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Stuff like this I just don't pick up on you see, it's a flippin' MIRACLE if I spot a pop culture inspired outfit. ?

it's ok .. i didn't spot it and this is one of my favorites movies that i watch all the time (bcz of Carla Gugino too) 

Lara Croft is one of the few refs I'd actually pick up on, lol. *eyes dusty copy of Tomb Raider fondly* I was SO useless at that game, even WITH cheats. ? But I really enjoyed it! With my brain issues now there's no WAY I'd be able to not be dying continually from getting the controls mixed up, so I really should pack away that stack of games that are lurking beneath my TV, shouldn't I, especially as I've lost the cable that connects the PlayStation to the TV. :ph34r:

Now I wonder how long I'll be able to remember that inappropriate-seeming set names are most probably me just not getting the reference... we shall see, shan't we!

I love the Aisha clothes! I have a female Aisha who is yellow and it would look cute on her. It's very 1930s country girl. It also reminds me of the American Girl doll named Kit.

I also agree with the warrior theme looking like a Sucker Punch cosplay lol. 

Cool, Stealthy! I really love the base colour, it`s so gorgeous.
The padded ears are a cute detail - do they make noise, so they need to be silenced? :D hehe

The outfit doesn`t make me think of Evelyn from The Mummy (1999) but I totally love that movie :D