Frozen for innuendo

DICKYCHUNG

I only had 1 warning on my account and made a sexual joke and was frozem before permanently silent. The joke was minor not too extreme i said do girls like Richard. Why didnt TNT permantly silence me first? help?

This post has been edited by a member of staff because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts, including acronyms. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Neopets is famous for having very strict rules when it comes to chatting on the boards. Words that might be dirty/offensive/rude will even be censored in private messages. Those rules have been in place since the early Neopets days, back when kids didn't have access to Twitter or the YouTube comments section, so while they might seem a little outdated, they're there, and whether or not you agree with them, they're pretty clearly stated on the neoboards page. Since you already had a warning, I'm assuming you were aware of them.

I don't think there's much you can do about your account at this point. While we do have a thread with tips for people whose account got frozen, I don't think it'll be much use to you, since you know there's an actual reason you got banned, and I don't think you'll have much of a chance of getting your account back.

9 minutes ago, DICKYCHUNG said:

I only had one warning and they are suppose to permanently silence u before they freeze u for minor infractions 

I have admit I'd never paid that much attention to the variety of warnings/disciplinary actions Neopets can take against you, but I looked it up, and this is what it says on the rules page of the neoboards (emphasis mine):

Disciplinary Actions

There are several ways a Neopets Monitor may take action against someone who breaks the site rules. They are:

• Friendly Reminder - A message sent via Neomail reminding a player of the rules; not logged in the player's account records
  • Warning - An official warning message sent via Neomail informing the player of the rule that was broken; logged in the player's account records and considered when deciding future actions
  • Temporary Silence - An official warning message along with a temporary ban from using site communications; logged in the player's account records and considered when deciding future actions
  • Permanent Silence - An official warning message along with a permanent ban from using site communications; logged in the player's account records and considered when deciding future actions
  • Suspension - A temporary ban that locks the account so that it can't log in to play Neopets for a period of time; logged in the player's account records and considered when deciding future actions
  • Freeze - A permanent ban (except for when done for user's own protection) that locks the account so that it can no longer be used to play Neopets

Keep in mind that these actions don't necessarily happen in a set order! For example, anyone attempting to scam another player or posting inappropriate imagery is immediately frozen without a warning since these are very serious offences. Other infractions may mild on their own, but past history — such as a player ignoring several warnings for the same infraction — may result in a frozen account.

In general, if you get a warning for something small, don't sweat it! Everyone makes mistakes. Just be sure to read it thoroughly and understand what went wrong so you can be sure not to do it again.

So, no, they didn't need to permanently silence you before banning you. They can choose to do any of these things in whatever order they want.

18 hours ago, DICKYCHUNG said:

I only had 1 warning on my account and made a sexual joke and was frozem before permanently silent. The joke was minor not too extreme i said do girls like Richard. Why didnt TNT permantly silence me first? Wtf help?

This could be seen as flirting I feel like.  Depending on who it was to, and how it was delivered ( board, or nm) it could be seen as flirting with a minor depending on who was reading it/receiving it.  To be clear, not saying at all that that was what was meant, but if that was what it was read as, I could easily see you being frozen.  I highly doubt you will get your account back, so it is time to start over.  

It is in their legal right to even freeze you without a single warning. There is nothing you can do about it. If they read it as something that is a serious offense (or if they got complaints/reports about it!) they can,and might freeze you just like that. Best to think twice before posting some comments or jokes on the neopets site.