Scroll of Freezing gone?

LekkerLekker89

On 1/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, LekkerLekker89 said:

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions for a better replacement? I don't really have many weapons and I'd like to stay in the 50-80k range but I also don't want junk that's going to break on me smh lol

Depends on what you are looking for.  If you are only looking at freezers, the H4000 Helmet does what the freezing scroll does but without breaking but is super expensive, sitting around 3 Mil.  In that price range, the Random freezing ray is your best choice.  It has a 50% chance of freezing, 50% of dealing 4 icons of damage.  Not as reliable, but is running about 80K.  

Personally, I am saving to my current goal then buying the H4000 helmet, as I think anything less than a guarantee isn't worth it for me, but that is just personal preference.  

If you don't mind me asking, what is your current set?  I could probably see if there is anything that makes more sense to get based off of that

Bahaha! My current set is rubbish, but I am just starting out. My two 'best' items are an enchanted wooden bow and king kelpbeards blessing, aside from that I have a patched hat, leaf shield, lesser scroll of healing, von roo dice, scarab ring, downsize, purple sticky hand that never seems to work lol 

Sticky hands are stealers and stealing is currently "broken" in the Battledome. I'm not sure if it's something TNT will fix or not. So that's why your sticky hand isn't working. I'd sell it and buy a good freezer. In my set, I have this one: https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/randomly-firing-freeze-ray

I hardly ever use it as I have the level 50 ability Lens Flare and that's a 100% freezer once per battle. This article may help you in deciding what weapons to put into your set: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/basic-battledome-weapon-sets/

2 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

Bahaha! My current set is rubbish, but I am just starting out. My two 'best' items are an enchanted wooden bow and king kelpbeards blessing, aside from that I have a patched hat, leaf shield, lesser scroll of healing, von roo dice, scarab ring, downsize, purple sticky hand that never seems to work lol 

Hi @LekkerLekker89, unfortunately yes, some battledome items are fragile and some are single-use. Fragile meaning they break permanently. Semi-Fragile means they can break when used, but this is not permanent and that item will be back for the next battle.

I've copied the quoted text below from our "Introduction to the Battleodome" article, under Weapon Reliability. In our Battlepedia, we mark off the reliability if it is known using these terms.

Multiple Use These weapons will never break and you can use them as many times as you want.
Semi-Fragile These weapons may break, but you get them back at the end of the battle.
Fragile These weapons can break, and when they do, they are gone forever.
Once Per Battle These weapons will never break and can only be used once per battle.
Once Per Battle, Fragile These weapons can only be used once per battle and can break. When they do, they are gone forever.
Single Use These weapons will disappear forever after they are used.

If there is a specific opponent you'd like to battle, or you're looking for some upgrades to your current set, please post either here or make a thread in the Battledome forum here. https://www.tdnforums.com/forum/72-battledome-battlepedia-chat/
And I can try to help you out.

I'll need to know your current set plus any "decent" pieces of equipment you have that you might use to switch out when you change opponents. What your NP budget for upgrading your set is. And of course, if you want to battle a specific opponent, which opponent you'd like to battle against. I'm pretty good at "budget battling". I've had a LOT of personal experience with it. ?

However, it's late where I am, so I need to call it a night. It might be a bit later, like maybe tomorrow evening before I can get on here to answer your questions. Sorry about that. But at least you'll have time to post the info I'd need to help you out. Have a good one. ?

Damage: If you have  bowling ball of lost cities from the last game challenge, that deals a consistent 15 icons.  Currently it appears to be inflated but when it isn't it can be bought under 100K.   Von Roo Dice I would remove from your set today.  They just don't deal enough icons to be worth it.

Enchanted wooden bow deals a fluctuating 9 icons, while the scroll of ultranova also deals around 9.8. The Magic Gridlock Gun, (that screwed over a lot of neopets when they nerfed) is available for under 20K and does 14 icons.  I would start by buying two of these as they outpace all of your attack items.  

Healing:  The direct upgrade from lesser scroll of healing is greater scroll.  It heals 50 and costs about 150K.

Nerfed basically means that TNT changed the original icons or damage dealt by a weapon. To what @emily_speck_15 was saying, the Magic Gridlock Gun was released as a very strong weapon but was changed to be less powerful.