Looking for friends :D

happylexie

Hiii my name is Lexi, and I'm new to this forum. I don't know anyone in real life that wants/is interested to play Neopets so it would be nice if I got to know some friends.

Mostly, my goals in Neopets are to make 7 mil Neopoints. I tried restocking and Food Club.. it didn't go so well. A little demoralized but oh well!

Hoping to hear from you!

Hi and welcome to the forums! You've come to the right place for some friendly Neopets-talk.

I can't give any advise on Restocking as I'm terrible at it but for food club you just need to be patient. Were you creating your own bets are mostly following someones bets? If it's the latter, who are you following? On our Discord channel we have a food-club board and some advise as to who to follow could be found there. I've only been playing food club for about 6 months and I've already made 13 mil with it (keep in mind I have a very old account) and I don't even know exactly how to decide what bets to place. All I do is check the other people's probabilities and pick one to follow based on that. Also, don't forget about Trudy's. If you spin it every day you can make some quick NP with it too!

Whether you decide to join the discord or not or to try Food club again or not, I hope you'll have a great time here and I wish you Good Luck with your Neo-goals!

Hi Duma! Thank you so much for your reply - it means a lot to be heard :D Oh wow, 13 million. I think I just got deflated cause I made like 400k one day, and the next few days, all went to crap and it was just downhill. When I got into negatives I just stopped.

I did Math (statistics) and Chemistry majors at college, so I did my own calculations and chose my own bets. They're very similar to most of the other people that posted bets (I followed some people - think its against TOS to mention those places here) but I joined Food Club at a bad time.

You know what? I'm going to join your Discord channel and try Food Club again! Thank you for sharing your link! 

You're welcome! And don't worry about posting off site places here. We do follow Neopets rules for the most part but it's not as tight as communicating on Neopets its self. As long as you don't post stuff or link to sites about cheating/scamming/spamming you're all good. Making your own bets is impressive though! I've never even tried. And food club had been bad last month or maybe it was the month before that. At least we've had a bad time with lots of busts and skip days but it seems normal again. Can't complain last few weeks.

Welcome to the forums @happylexie! I've never really played Food Club, but if you can make a lot of NP at it, more power to ya! Games and battling are more my things on the site. Though, I've cut back a bit lately on both. LOL Unless I'm testing a piece of battle equipment. LOL It's gets annoying, even with Quick Stock, to pick out junk items and battle prizes to put into my SDB and leave out the few items I tend to leave in my inventory. Mainly some cheap food and a toy or two. LOL Pardon the little rant, I guess I'm getting a little cranky in my "old" age. LOL ?

If you take up battling in Neopets and have questions, the battle forum is a great place to get advice. If you are new to battling, here is a link to our wonderful articles on Battling and the Battledome.
http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/index/

And here is a listing of all BD Opponents. The CURRENTLY available opponents are under the heading, "Active Challengers".
http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/secret-challengers/

I hope you enjoy your time here at TDN! :D

Welcome to the forums! I just came back to Neopets after a years-long hiatus and had forgotten basically everything about how to rack up NPs.  I downloaded Ghoul Catchers on my iPhone for 50k NP every day, and I just put that directly into Food Club. If it pays off, hooray! If it doesn't, at least it isn't eating into my savings. That's how I justify it, anyway. Food Club definitely does pay off in the long run, though. I follow the same person's bets faithfully every day, because I'm a lemming, and I'm net way ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops I'm sorry, I didn't realise that there were more replies! Thank you for chiming in; makes me feel less lonely LOL. 

Yeah food club had an insane period of busts. Then recently I hit a couple of 160:10 wins so that was awesome. I'm not sure how to battledome. Every time I read the information, I get a headache because of trying to understand training (and when to stop training) so that I can beat a starting challenger to get a few items... My shop hasn't had a new item listed in ages.

I used to resell but refreshing for hours with no new items is pretty demoralising (for me at least). 

You don't really ever have to stop training. It's just if you want to be as cheap as possible you have to make sure you train Strength, Defense and HP to twice your level before leveling up again. So just alternate. Train a level, then train Strength until you get a note that you would need to train level first. Instead of training level train defense and HP to match your level of Strength. If those 3 are at the same number you train another level. Make sure you keep your HP at max your strength/defense level. You can train it to 3x your level but it's not smart to do so.

I think this way is the easiest to be as cheap as possible, at least for the beginning levels. Once you get close to red codestones you'll have plenty of experience with training that you might understand the guides without getting a headache.

Example:

Your stats are
Level: 1
HP:12
Strength: 7
Defense: 7
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 1

First of all, forget Intelligence and Agility. The way the  BD works they're not of much use. Both can be needed for a special equipment but it's unlikely you'll use it at the beginning stages. But if you want to have a nice evened out stat, you just do the same for Agility as with Strength and Defense. (Intelligence goes up differently: books and some dailies.)

In the example above you train level up to level 7. Now all your stats are equal. After that you bring your HP, Strength and defense to level 14. (Your level times 2)

Then there's a few ways, whatever suits you best. You can either bring up your level 1 point, level 8 and HP, Strength and Defense to 16. Then level again 1 point to level 9 and HP, Strength, Defense to level 18 etc (cheapest way, recommended)

OR

You train level to 14.

If you trained to level 14 it will be more expensive as you'll have to pay more dubloons/codestones. If you don't mind the costs and think this is easier to remember go for it. After your level is 14 you can train the other stats to level 28.

OR You can train a just few levels, for example to level 10 and train the other 3 stats to level 20.

And best of all, if you start training and your not sure what to do next at some point, you just come to the forum and ask us. We'll be here to do our best and give you some advice.

Hello, guys, I am new to the forum as well. And I want to make new real-life friends.  Just got back from shopping and bought a trendy wholesale sunglass. Just like a cool Neopet, I am addicted and my mom wants me to go out and have fun. I think that's a good idea also. What are you guys doing besides gaming? I wanna know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Samantha! I don't have any real-life friends who play either, so I'm happy to meet people here as well! I'm so interested to hear about everyone's success with Food Club, I just placed my first bets today... fingers crossed! 

On 1/16/2019 at 5:31 PM, teprometo said:

Welcome to the forums! I just came back to Neopets after a years-long hiatus and had forgotten basically everything about how to rack up NPs.  I downloaded Ghoul Catchers on my iPhone for 50k NP every day, and I just put that directly into Food Club. If it pays off, hooray! If it doesn't, at least it isn't eating into my savings. That's how I justify it, anyway. Food Club definitely does pay off in the long run, though. I follow the same person's bets faithfully every day, because I'm a lemming, and I'm net way ahead.

I didn't know you could make NP with Ghoul Catchers! Looking for it now in the app store! 

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.