Go home Bart, you're drunk...

jellysundae

So THIS is what I got from him today...

Vk5DeeP.jpg

To which my reaction was ? followed by ? followed by :huh:

? and ? because that bobblehead is in my SDB‼

WHAT THE FYORA‼ Has Bart taken something from my SDB?!?!

But wait...

rInWvO8.jpg

Nope, still there!

So yeah... :huh:

Also, the items I forgot to put away last night?  both still there...

nMLQGRm.jpg

So seriously Bart, what gives?! ?‍♀️

Is this a classic case of Monday got-out-of-bed-on-the-wrong-side and you're looking to amuse yourself by giving someone a heart attack

Because if so, have a few more of these! ??? If not, go back to bed and sleep it off, you're gonna have a REALLY bad head later. ?

Joking aside though, something's awry here isn't it! Which means they were working on something yesterday, mayyybe? :ph34r:

Do not be alarmed, neither you nor Bart has had one too many this morning! 

Well wait, maybe be alarmed, because technically your inventory is haunted.

Hold on, let me explain...

Back when the Binary_Supagoo bobbleheads were awarded during the AC, there was a glitch that caused a lot of people to get the one they were supposed to win, but also up to 5 "phantom" copies of the item. They were not visible in your inventory, but they took up space. Not long after the AC I was trying to buy something from a shop and got the "inventory full, no more than 50 items" message, yet when I checked I only had 45 things in my inventory. Finally figured out from a different thread on here somewhere about the phantom bobbleheads.

I was able to get rid of all mine by going to the Wheel of Misfortune with nothing in my inventory (except the phantoms, obviously) and with enough spins I was able to get the Pant Devil and each time the message on the wheel said "Oh no, the Pant Devil has stolen your Binary_Supagoo Bobblehead". I just repeated this process every day until I had gotten him 5 times, and now my inventory holds 50 items again.

So anyway, I'm guessing that's what happened to you too. So technically congratulations are in order, because you now have one less ghost haunting your inventory! Or maybe congrats to JS for being so good at breaking things that are still haunting us months later ?

2 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Do not be alarmed, neither you nor Bart has had one too many this morning! 

Well wait, maybe be alarmed, because technically your inventory is haunted.

Hold on, let me explain...

Back when the Binary_Supagoo bobbleheads were awarded during the AC, there was a glitch that caused a lot of people to get the one they were supposed to win, but also up to 5 "phantom" copies of the item. They were not visible in your inventory, but they took up space. Not long after the AC I was trying to buy something from a shop and got the "inventory full, no more than 50 items" message, yet when I checked I only had 45 things in my inventory. Finally figured out from a different thread on here somewhere about the phantom bobbleheads.

I was able to get rid of all mine by going to the Wheel of Misfortune with nothing in my inventory (except the phantoms, obviously) and with enough spins I was able to get the Pant Devil and each time the message on the wheel said "Oh no, the Pant Devil has stolen your Binary_Supagoo Bobblehead". I just repeated this process every day until I had gotten him 5 times, and now my inventory holds 50 items again.

So anyway, I'm guessing that's what happened to you too. So technically congratulations are in order, because you now have one less ghost haunting your inventory! Or maybe congrats to JS for being so good at breaking things that are still haunting us months later ?

You are so right‼ I 'd totally forgotten that the multiples caused this issue, that's pretty freakin' funny. ?

And now I want Bart to clear the rest out too! I think I had 4 at one point, so 3 more non-corporeal space-hoggers to exorcise yet!

Do I try the Wheel of Misfortune, or am I too tight for that, hmmm...:ph34r:

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

You are so right‼ I 'd totally forgotten that the multiples caused this issue, that's pretty freakin' funny. ?

And now I want Bart to clear the rest out too! I think I had 4 at one point, so 3 more non-corporeal space-hoggers to exorcise yet!

Do I try the Wheel of Misfortune, or am I too tight for that, hmmm...:ph34r:

I wrestled with that too, I don't normally spin the Misfortune wheel because you can't win anything that makes it worthwhile. It was just the easiest way to get rid of my inventory ghosts, because the Pant Devil comes up quite frequently. I felt the same way... it wasn't really hurting anything to have them in there, but once I realized they were haunting me, I was determined to get rid of them! By completely emptying my inventory of all visible, worldly items I was able to ensure that whenever I got him, he would steal one of the ghosts. 

I did learn to make sure my battledome pet wasn't set as my active when I did it though, because the wheel will occasionally make your pet sick :sick01: I felt bad because I'm too cheap to buy most of the cures when the Springs will do it for free, but sometimes it takes several visits to the Springs to get a full heal and I couldn't battle one day because I'd accidentally given my battle pet some stupid disease with the wheel :thumbsdown:

25 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I felt bad because I'm too cheap to buy most of the cures when the Springs will do it for free, but sometimes it takes several visits to the Springs to get a full heal and I couldn't battle one day because I'd accidentally given my battle pet some stupid disease with the wheel :thumbsdown:

You and I are most definitely kindred spirits. ?

I settled on fighting in the Frost Arena until I'd won a couple of Cooling Ointments as those heal anything so the Wheels/Bart/Expellibox can do their worst, I'm prepared. ?

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

I also had 5 and two were "Stolen"  by one of the Neopian thieves and by Bart ... yesterday at the Cooking Pot it said I have 3 Bobbleheads in my inventory.

So the cooking pot can see the phantom items? The plot thickens! I wonder if any other places that show you everything in your inventory, like the toy repair shop, can see them? Good thing I'm not superstitious or anything, given all the lore about island spirits and volcanoes and such, I feel like I could easily spin a conspiracy theory about how these little phantoms came from Mystery Island to haunt the rest of neopia with their invisible tricks but they can be revealed by returning to their homeland to sacrifice items to the cooking pot :ph34r:

Now I wish I had one in my inventory just for the Kiko Lake RE:

The Kiko Lake team is collecting donations so they can go to the Altador Cup this year. You donate ITEM NAME. How nice!

That would be THE best! I generally don't mind REs, even the "not so great ones", but the Kiko Lake RE "rubs me the wrong way", ever since they won the AC.

5 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

So the cooking pot can see the phantom items? The plot thickens! I wonder if any other places that show you everything in your inventory, like the toy repair shop, can see them? Good thing I'm not superstitious or anything, given all the lore about island spirits and volcanoes and such, I feel like I could easily spin a conspiracy theory about how these little phantoms came from Mystery Island to haunt the rest of neopia with their invisible tricks but they can be revealed by returning to their homeland to sacrifice items to the cooking pot :ph34r:

I LOVE this! ?

11 hours ago, Angeló said:

yesterday at the Cooking Pot it said I have 3 Bobbleheads in my inventory.

Gonna go see how many it says I have now!

Ooh, only one. ?

inZAhvw.jpg

4 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

That would be THE best! I generally don't mind REs, even the "not so great ones", but the Kiko Lake RE "rubs me the wrong way", ever since they won the AC.

Tell me about it! Though the time this happened and I remember the item it was Meatballs and Worms that they took, and the ACG are v. welcome to those. ?

7125.gif?530 NOM NOM‼

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

The Kiko Lake team is collecting donations so they can go to the Altador Cup this year. You donate ITEM NAME. How nice!

i believe it's possible that they can take this {phantom item} maybe that's the thief who took mine. it sure wasn't the Shadow Usul

• 5 weeks later...