What are you watching right now?

pollard5245

I mostly keep our TV shut off during the day. I put cartoons on for a couple of hours for my son, lately he's been into Happy Feet or anything with a lot of music. He's ten months, pretty funny watching him 'dance'. My husband and I watch a few episodes of whatever we're into at the moment after our son goes to sleep. Recently we've been watching Rescue Me. I think the last movie we actually watched together was The Hobbit. 

I just finished watching A Series Of Unfortunate Events (the TV series). I've always loved the books and I think it's very well adapted to screen. Love the dark humour. Some of the innuendos could be inappropriate for kids, though it's subtle enough that the kids might not even notice. 

I'm now watching The Good Place.

Riverdale *up to date

A Series of Unfortunate Events (still in Season 2)

The Orville

Narcos (Season 3) and Narcos Mexico (Season 1)

Elite (Spanish show similar to 13 Reasons Why) ... finished Season 1

God Friended Me

The Punisher (Season 1)

Marvel's Runaways (Season 1)

Brooklyn 99 *up to date

The Good Doctor

House (I've never seen it whole .. so I'm just starting it from the beginning)

I typically never watch TV.  That said, for a class right now, I'm watching the 80s version of Journey to the West with subtitles.  Such a campy 80s show!  I can imagine if I'd seen it as a kid in the 80s I'd have thought it was the coolest thing ever, but as an adult in the 20-teens, I'm spoiled with modern special effects, heh.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:33 AM, Vlagopus said:

I just finished watching A Series Of Unfortunate Events (the TV series). I've always loved the books and I think it's very well adapted to screen. Love the dark humour. Some of the innuendos could be inappropriate for kids, though it's subtle enough that the kids might not even notice. 

I'm now watching The Good Place.

I love the good place!!! I primarily watch off of Netflix and Amazon (thanks Mom and Dad!) since I don't have cable so I haven't seen any of the new season.  Last night I watched the new Netflix movie Black Mirror: Bandersnatch and it was really dark and great.   It is a chose your own adventure movie, and has different endings based off of your choices in the movie.  I got four different endings, and apparently there are five... must resist the urge to google how to get the last one!

31 minutes ago, emily_speck_15 said:

I love the good place!!! I primarily watch off of Netflix and Amazon (thanks Mom and Dad!) since I don't have cable so I haven't seen any of the new season.  Last night I watched the new Netflix movie Black Mirror: Bandersnatch and it was really dark and great.   It is a chose your own adventure movie, and has different endings based off of your choices in the movie.  I got four different endings, and apparently there are five... must resist the urge to google how to get the last one!

I really enjoyed Bandersnatch, especially the crazy options in the psychologists office! Did you watch the rest of Black Mirror as well?

On 1/18/2019 at 10:24 PM, LekkerLekker89 said:

I mostly keep our TV shut off during the day. I put cartoons on for a couple of hours for my son, lately he's been into Happy Feet or anything with a lot of music. He's ten months, pretty funny watching him 'dance'. My husband and I watch a few episodes of whatever we're into at the moment after our son goes to sleep. Recently we've been watching Rescue Me. I think the last movie we actually watched together was The Hobbit. 

My 20 month old loves anything with music in it. We don't have Happy Feet, but she LOVES Frozen and has learned to sing along with Let It Go. Her other favourite is Goldie and Bear to which she sings along with the theme song. She doesn't get all the words right as she's still learning her words, but she does a good job. My TV is on ALL day most days. I really need to restrict my girls to the amount of TV and YouTube they can watch. It's getting way out of hand again.

While I'm studying or working I've been watching NCIS again. I'm currently on season 6. The ending to season 5 is ?.

I tend to watch a fair bit of shows on TV during the week too and it's too many to list. I usually don't watch everything as it's released and will binge watch a show with a few episodes I haven't gotten too at night when the kids are sleeping or if I'm up with the little one who sometimes likes to party all night.

23 hours ago, splitting said:

I really enjoyed Bandersnatch, especially the crazy options in the psychologists office! Did you watch the rest of Black Mirror as well?

I know!  I have watched all but one of the episodes, which I am almost too embarrassed to say freaked me out so I stopped.  I loved the psychologists office and how it was just like a wall break!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are so many things I watch! I am pleased to see that other people watch Netflix and TV shows too :D

• Da Vinci Demons
  • Game of Thrones
  • CounterPart
  • Siren
  • Riverdale
  • Medium
  • Supernatural
  • Hilda
  • Black Bulter
  • Scooby Doo
  • New Amsterdam (I might have spelled this wrong)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I do watch American Horror Story as well. I didn't really care for Ronake season. It was eh. My watchlist on Netflix is probably 200 shows or more. It varies.

Yes! Freak Show wasn't that exciting to me either. It was eh, mildly okay to me ?

Oh yes! I am so freaking pumped for the last season, I am sitting on pins and needles over it. Any theories on who makes it to the end?

Ah, I have been thinking about starting that one. It looks pretty good :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been watching Seinfeld since it's on Hulu. I'm on season 8 right now, so not much left.

Watched "Dark Money" last night on BBC. Was a real difficult watch about a kid actor being abused by the producer whilst on set. Good but a difficult watch. I'm glad that I found VPN from Veepn.com. Now I can watch any channels I want without restrictions. Very convy!

14 hours ago, luckyhelen said:

Watched "Dark Money" last night on BBC. Was a real difficult watch about a kid actor being abused by the producer whilst on set. Good but a difficult watch.

I saw that was on last night, I didn't know what it was until I read this. ? Not something I'd actually want to watch, but I'm REALLY pleased that a show's been made about it. Lost Boys (forever love this film!) was on Paramount Network night before last, poor Corey Haim... ? The amount of abuse that goes on beggars belief, doesn't it. -__-

I watched Ransom on 5USA, that's pretty good, Designated Survivor tonight though which I think is really good. Oh and I watched Marvel's Agent Carter, I love that. Not only is it fun, but the clothes and hair of that era made everyone look amazing. No needless acres of cleavage everywhere, either, and it would be acres with Hayley Atwell, bless her. The UK tabloids find it completely impossible to talk about her without using the adjective "busty" everywhere, they just can't do it. ?‍♀️

I think a large percentage of what I watch is stuff that was shown in the US ages ago. ?

• 1 month later...