Keep saving or buy a paint brush?

Secretly A Pony

Title explains it, but I'll clarify. When I returned to my account I had 200K in my bank. I've now saved up to 745K. I have enough for a baby paint brush, one of the colors I want, so I'm thinking about buying it. At the same time, I don't know if I want to knock my account all the way back down again, especially when I'm getting so close to a million. But I also feel like I'll say that whenever I get close to the next million. Like if I had 1.6 million (1,600,000 million, right?), I'd say I don't want to spend so much when I'm so close to two million. Would it make a difference?

I'm that way with books atm >_>  

PERSONALLY, I'd say wait until you've got double the amount in the bank.  Granted, you are apparently a lot better at earning neopoints than I am, and I saved up to the max bank account before I started spending np, but there's also daily interest in the bank, and you're close to the next level of interest now.  It just seems like a lot less of a np hit to me if you are still earning a lot of interest to help make up for what you've spent.

Of course you can look at the cute baby pet you have while you're making the np back if you get the brush now, though :D

14 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Granted, you are apparently a lot better at earning neopoints than I am

Honestly, a lot of it is luck. Like that paint brush I sniped from the shop ads board, or dailies (no one has bought that book yet). A good chunk of my NP comes from that Trudy game and Ghoul Catchers. I usually do well with food club, though I struck out yesterday, so I haven't bet again. I don't really bother with restocking anymore, but I used to do that too.

Just now, petrified_mouse said:

personally I'm not going to make any big purchases until I manage to max out my interest percentage.. Depends how quickly you earn though I guess!

Err, how do you do that??

2 minutes ago, Secretly A Pony said:

Honestly, a lot of it is luck. Like that paint brush I sniped from the shop ads board, or dailies (no one has bought that book yet). A good chunk of my NP comes from that Trudy game and Ghoul Catchers. I usually do well with food club, though I struck out yesterday, so I haven't bet again. I don't really bother with restocking anymore, but I used to do that too.

Err, how do you do that??

I think its 10mill?

If you go to the bottom of the bank account page and click on upgrade your account it tells me how much you need to be eligible for each type of bank account. My current bank account gives me 12% interest iirc - the advantage is (please correct me if I'm wrong!) once you make it to a certain account type, you keep it even if you then spend all your nps..

I say easy come easy go! Why not enjoy the fruits of your labor? Buy the brush and use it. You can make back the neopoints, so what if you only have a lesser amount in the bank after you buy the brush? The amount will increase just as it did before. GO FOR IT!!!!

11 hours ago, petrified_mouse said:

personally I'm not going to make any big purchases until I manage to max out my interest percentage.. Depends how quickly you earn though I guess!

Actually you don't freeze the interest at a certain amount (I think). Every day I receive more interest to collect the following day. I'm over the 17mil mark. I am collecting a little under 7000 np  daily.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

It's a tough call this. Sensible me says hang on until you have the Ultimate Riches bank account, but another part of me is going, "HECK YES!" to what Granny said. So I suppose it's a total case of go with your gut?

Constantly putting stuff off's a thing we tend to do as a species; always saving for that hypothetical tomorrow and missing out on living for today... ?‍♀️

39 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Actually you don't freeze the interest at a certain amount (I think). Every day I receive more interest to collect the following day. I'm over the 17mil mark. I am collecting a little under 7000 np  daily.

sorry I probably wasn't clear, the interest keeps rising but your percentage depends on your account type! So once you have over 10mill you have the max percentage, but obviously the interest you get constantly changes with the actual np in your account ?

I'm a saver at heart whether in real life or neopets ? Once I hit 10mill I'm going to have to force myself to treat myself to something! No idea what probably a weapon that my stats don't deserve ?

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Constantly putting stuff off's a thing we tend to do as a species; always saving for that hypothetical tomorrow and missing out on living for today... ?‍♀️

The other side of this is shopping addiction. Granted, making neopoints is a lot easier than making money.

Someone on Reddit showed me a list of baby morphing potions. Turns out the two baby pets I want have potions for them, and two of those potions would total the cost of a baby paint brush.

I'd say try to get up to a higher interest level first at least. Maybe not 10 mil, but something around 1-2 mil.

Then again, I've accumulated a lot in the bank and refuse to spend any of it cus I like seeing my interest climb.