Hey guys remember the plot that was supposed to be going on?

redespeon

Lol no.

I remember actually reading the first 4 pages or so and then thinking to myself, "Wow, this really isn't ever going to become interesting, is it?" The click-click-click-click of vapid dialogue with no way to interact with it, no scavenger hunts, just ... eye-glazing nonsense. Astonishingly phoned in, and then they can't even bother to keep up with it. Just. What? Why even bother?

16 hours ago, redespeon said:

I would like to protest the staff edit of my OP post, as it clearly contains more than seven distinct, separate words.

1. 'cause

2. I

3. sure

4. don't

5. ahah (laughing)

6. aha (fading laugh)

7. a (waning hope)

1007. A picture

Protest noted but I'm still sticking to my opinion that putting spaces between a laugh isn't making it more words. As far as I know laughing (like irl laughing not on text base) isn't considered a word, at least I have never found it in a dictionary :wink: And a picture isn't a word either.

Don't worry too much about it though, we're not angry, just make sure you put in some more actual words next time. I know you can do it! :wink:

As far as this plot goes... which clearly isn't far, I HOPE they have some reason to have it going so slow. I mean, even just text update isn't continuing now. There's only a minimum of pictures involved so that can't be the problem and you would think that they created most art BEFORE they even consider to bring part 1 to life. If they needed some more time are wanted it to be at some point with the release of the new app they could have just updated it like once a week to give some more time. But now we either get a new part every few days and then weeks nothing. I just keep checking it every day to make sure i don't miss anything.

11 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I think the title should be changed to "Lyra and the Lost Plot", because, well, ...

If they worked some kind of lost the plot comment into the next lot of dialogue I'd forgive them everything I think. ? I just know that if I was in charge of this plot I'd need to work some kind of reference to how long it's taking into it, no matter how obscure it ended up being.

I, for once, love the story and want them to update soon. But that's about it, a comic-book like story that's fun to read, but it's not really a plot... Where can you even find it? I found the link on a forum, but I can't find it back... Maybe they updated in the time I wasn't reading it.

Was the last updated chapter, 13? I haven't been on much, but the 'To Be Continued' sign has gone, and changing 13 to 14 in the URL doesn't show anything. Not sure if I had missed anything before they stopped updating early Jan.

39 minutes ago, BEE. said:

Was the last updated chapter, 13? I haven't been on much, but the 'To Be Continued' sign has gone, and changing 13 to 14 in the URL doesn't show anything. Not sure if I had missed anything before they stopped updating early Jan.

As far as we know chapter 13 is still the last part. I'm checking every day and try going to chapter 14 everyday to no avail. They really are testing patience with the plots lately.

5 minutes ago, Duma said:

They really are testing patience with the plots lately.

I guess this is a lesson in 1st world problems, isn't it, lol.

I suppose all focus is on the app stuff at the moment.

This plot, together with the bugs-riddled app, the delayed schedule for everything on site and the lack of improvements on all sides are all symptoms of the same thing. Neopets is trapped in an insidious Catch-22 at the moment. They're in a rut, and they need to bring in more users somehow.

But for more users, they need more content.

But for more content, they need competent programmers and a local creative team instead of outsourcing their whole production to India.

But to do that, they need more money.

But that requires more users.

But that requires more content.

Etc etc etc

To this I'll add that Jumpstart in itself is only the tip of the iceberg. The game is in the hands of something much more sinister right now, and that's NetDragon. Every single one of their franchises they've bought so far has been sanitized for Chinese audiences, given a revamp centered around looboxes, and sent on its merry way to make billions in record time before being killed off.

Be very afraid the day you notice skeleton-related items disappearing from the site. That'll be the harbinger of the end.

Edited by redespeon
Or maybe nothing'll happen who knows

On 2/2/2019 at 11:44 AM, redespeon said:

The game is in the hands of something much more sinister right now, and that's NetDragon. Every single one of their franchises they've bought so far has been sanitized for Chinese audiences, given a revamp centered around looboxes, and sent on its merry way to make billions in record time before being killed off.

I don't know anything about NetDragon, is your knowledge from personal experience?

On 2/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, Duma said:

As far as we know chapter 13 is still the last part. I'm checking every day and try going to chapter 14 everyday to no avail. They really are testing patience with the plots lately.

Ah, thanks. Good to know I haven't missed anything, not that it was that exciting at the moment. ? I don't understand why they keep trying to do so much at once, and then wonder why the users get frustrated.

Hi TNT, can you give us some updates on Lyra and the Lost Heirloom please? Many of us have refreshed at the 13th page for a long time now, and nothing has happened. Has it been discontinued or is there going to be a new chapter soon?~~dukula 
Hold onto your horses, a new step is coming very soon!

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It's that TNT definition of "soon" again, isn't it. :laughingsmiley:

7 hours ago, Angeló said:

but theres a "very" before soon , isnt there ? :P 

I think I'm having flashbacks. The last time they said "soon", was when they were talking about when the last plot, The Wraith Resurgence, was going to be released. So, that "soon" took a year. I guess "very soon" would be 6 months, then?!

7 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I think I'm having flashbacks. The last time they said "soon", was when they were talking about when the last plot, The Wraith Resurgence, was going to be released. So, that "soon" took a year. I guess "very soon" would be 6 months, then?!

I laughed at this, but maybe I should have chosen the crying reaction because it might be more apt in the end. >_<