Vote For Your Favourite Pose Now!

hrtbrk

SECRET NEOPIAN NEWS: Neopets is working on some pretty awesome things for the future of Neopia and they want to hear you feedback on which style of Aisha would you prefer. Submit your vote to the poll before Feb 13th!

1.png 2.png

UPDATE FROM SCRAPPY

Hi friends! Scrappy here, I want to clear up a bit of your confusion. 

This was a question of which of these styles/poses you guys prefer that will guide us in upcoming projects outside of the site. Our main goal was to see how you guys responded to somewhat non conventional poses for Neopets. 

It does not relate to UCs in anyway (sorry to burst some of those nostalgic bubbles) grin.gif

-Scrappy

6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so I voted for the 1st pose. May seem "boring", but there is something about the standing Aisha that doesn't have me convinced, yet. Then again, I might be biased, as I have a "four footed" pet.

I agree. I also love the way bracelets and gloves look in the traditional pose and I worry they won't look nearly as nice.

What are they DOING?!?!  :huh:

Re-drawing all the pets (and subsequently all the wearables) is NOT something that needs to be done to make us happy (quite to opposite) or gain new players.

This is insanity. facepalm.gif

Hopefully this is just testing the water and not something they're determined to do. Oh heck, maybe what they're aiming for is "off the peg" clothes for the pets? Making as many as possible bipedal and the same body shape so they don't have to draw 55 versions of every item...

Ok, so I read the JN article about this and am now armed with some info. I didn't realise option 2 is the UC pose, not something new at all. I wish I'd known that before voting because I too would have asked for some context as others on JN have when they voted.

I've just no idea what to make of this now.

A lot of people are getting excited thinking it's some UC thing being done, which seems unlikely? Others fear the same as me about individual pet shapes being reduced. But really, how are we meant to choose when we don't know what we're choosing for?

No idea what we're voting for, but I absolutely love number 2.

I figured I'd try to find out what it's about by checking the names of the images (right click on the image and choose 'inspect element'), but they've got 'paintbrush poll' in their name: https://images.neopets.com/images/paintbrushpoll/2.png, which seems odd, so it's either a (purposely?) misleading name, or we're voting for a brush that can change a pet's pose... Which seems unlikely, since the first pose is its current pose. So... badly named image it is, I guess. XD (Perhaps they just used a template they used for previous polls, which were all paintbrush polls, and somehow managed keep the image names, but changed the images?)

I voted for #1 because there are already plenty of two legged pets, I like four legged ones so I specifically chose Aisha (and Ixi and Wocky) for that reason. I think it's good to have both types so people can choose what they like. Maybe I'm too ambitious but is it really so hard to allow a few different poses per pet?

I like number two for the same reason as Trea said. I believe have pets that stand up will make them a lot easier to decide how to draw them, especially if you're into art and fan-fiction. Love it ?

I also voted for the second option because the first has the aisha's arms wearing the pants and I aint about that kinda life.

how-would-a-dog-wear-pants-meme_trans_Nv

The art on the first pose is different from how it currently wears tho and I do like seeing more of his face but they purposefully edited out his shirt sleeves to replace it with pants in picture 1 and that scares me.

small_preview.png

I'm really conflicted. Ixis are probably one of the best looking in clothes of the four legged pets, so I almost would want to keep them as they are just for that! But, as others have said, the bipedal reminds me of plots and other elements of the site, and I kind of like that element of it. I might be sitting this vote out ?

I voted for 2. I love how aishas look already but I also enjoy the idea of more humanoid like customizations. (which is why blumaroos are so popular in the customization world now) I hope thats what theyre going for. Just would've been nice to see a new art concept rather than an old one that has everyone freaking out about UC nonsense. 

Well have no fear. Scrappy commented on a board and it has nothing to do with our pets but with how pets will look in projects outside of the site.

Hi friends! Scrappy here, I want to clear up a bit of your confusion. 

This was a question of which of these styles/poses you guys prefer that will guide us in upcoming projects outside of the site. Our main goal was to see how you guys responded to somewhat non conventional poses for Neopets. 

It does not relate to UCs in anyway (sorry to burst some of those nostalgic bubbles) grin.gif

-Scrappy