TDN search function not working for me

Nielo

The search function on the TDN main page isn't working for me (the forum one works just fine). After doing a search I still get this message:

Lenny the Magical Search Assistant says, "Please enter your search term above."

(Incidentally, the search function on JellyNeo also isn't working for me, so it might be an issue on my end, but I tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge and got the same results for both sites in all browsers.)

Anyone else having this issue?

*Edit: I checked to see if I could find the error, and it appears the search function is only searching in one, non-existing table:

Error Number: 1146

Table 'thedail1_tdn.weapons' doesn't exist

SELECT w_id, w_name, w_imgurl FROM weapons WHERE w_name LIKE "%mote%"

Filename: /home/thedail1/public_html/controllers/search.php

(JN's error isn't as easy to track down, but searching does work the when clicking 'search' for a second time on Chrome, but not on Firefox.)

I just tried in Firefox and it's working fine for me. Tried the search bar on the left and the one on the bottom. Didn't try jellyneo's though.

13 minutes ago, Duma said:

I just tried in Firefox and it's working fine for me. Tried the search bar on the left and the one on the bottom. Didn't try jellyneo's though.

I think you tried the Neopets search functions, not the TDN one, as the search bar on TDN is on the right, and there is no bar on the bottom. ? (I edited my post to make it more clear I'm referring to the TDN one.)

18 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I think you tried the Neopets search functions, not the TDN one, as the search bar on TDN is on the right, and there is no bar on the bottom. ? (I edited my post to make it more clear I'm referring to the TDN one.)

True. BUT this time I searched on TDN and it's working too: Edit: nevermind I tried the forums lol I really need to read better and not do 3 things at the same time. Trying now.

Edit 2: I'm not getting an error (didn't inspect it) it just keeps saying "Please enter your search term above."

At Jelly's main site the only search bar I can find is the one that throws you to google. (I do get results from google when trying) The database one is working, but so is our/TDN's database one.

@hrtbrk I was trying to say "Thanks," but my touchscreen wont let me change the reaction. I am not liking the fact that the search option is on the fritz, just that you guys are actually trying to fix it instead of ignoring it and hoping that everyone else forgets that it ever existed in the first place. Not that I am talking about any site in particular... :ph34r:

While our search function is borked, you can access almost everything you need from the tabs at the top of the main site.

• Articles: All Neopets Articles
  • Game Guides: Just click the tab
  • Neoavatars: Lots of options for your choosing depending on your needs
  • Customization: Customization Guides Listing
  • Battlepedia: Battledome Help / Articles

I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 4:05 AM, Nielo said:

The search function on the TDN main page isn't working for me (the forum one works just fine). After doing a search I still get this message:

(Incidentally, the search function on JellyNeo also isn't working for me, so it might be an issue on my end, but I tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge and got the same results for both sites in all browsers.)

Anyone else having this issue?

*Edit: I checked to see if I could find the error, and it appears the search function is only searching in one, non-existing table:

(JN's error isn't as easy to track down, but searching does work the when clicking 'search' for a second time on Chrome, but not on Firefox.)

JN's search function is now working for Firefox. I tried it yesterday, and it was working. It may have been fixed earlier, but yesterday I decided to try it, again.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:39 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

JN's search function is now working for Firefox. I tried it yesterday, and it was working. It may have been fixed earlier, but yesterday I decided to try it, again.

That's odd, it's still not working for me (even cleared my cache & cookies, updated Firefox, but nothing). ?