Happy Lenny Day!

hrtbrk

Thanks for posting the real-life inspirations to some of the Maraquan pets, it`s really fun and interesting to see. ?
I was excited to see a new Maraquan pet, and I do think the Mara Lenny looks cute.. that beak though. :P The pose itself, and the wings/flippers doesn`t bother me, but the beak looks horribly misplaced. I do like the Maraquan Lenny, I just wish the beak had been.. idk, tweaked somehow.
The Dimensional is lovely, I like the ones that have dark colours.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 3:45 AM, Duskitty said:

Marine biology enthusiast stepping in! A lot of the Maraquan pets are pretty generic, yeah, but I want to point out a few less obvious real-life inspired ones that I'm a fan of.

Chia: Sea cucumber

image.png.9ea9e22ca23501a9e0064040bc5c39c3.png LhjscZ.png

Hello! Marine bio enthusiast here as well. I had thought the chia looked like an anemone? Could be a cucumber too. I guess the chia "hair" looks more like the cucumber than the anemone.

WhiteSpottedRoseAnemoneWRA1_C669.jpg

On 4/22/2019 at 4:50 PM, Ashleyb9697 said:

Hello! Marine bio enthusiast here as well. I had thought the chia looked like an anemone? Could be a cucumber too. I guess the chia "hair" looks more like the cucumber than the anemone.

WhiteSpottedRoseAnemoneWRA1_C669.jpg

It could be that as well! That was actually my first association, but I was more inclined to go with sea cucumber due to the shape of the 'hair', the body patterns (spots), and the discernible lack of any 'foot' that anemones usually possess.

It also made more sense to me thematically for the Chia to be a sea cucumber, due to Chias frequently being associated/themed with fruits and vegetables (yes, I know the sea cucumber is not technically vegetation, but you can see the connection).

1 hour ago, Duskitty said:

It could be that as well! That was actually my first association, but I was more inclined to go with sea cucumber due to the shape of the 'hair', the body patterns (spots), and the discernible lack of any 'foot' that anemones usually possess.

It also made more sense to me thematically for the Chia to be a sea cucumber, due to Chias frequently being associated/themed with fruits and vegetables (yes, I know the sea cucumber is not technically vegetation, but you can see the connection).

Ah! That does make sense. Maybe either. But I do see where you're going with the cucumber. As long as it doesn't eviscerate I think we're good! ?