Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
hrtbrk

Lyra and the Lost Heirloom: Lyra's Escape

Recommended Posts

TIP : 

An obstacle can never appear in the same lane two times in a row. So when an obstacle appears in lane 1, move to lane 1 as soon as it passes, then move to wherever the next obstacle appears, and so on. Takes about 9 minutes to pass 400 obstacles for the achievement.

(i made it to 4 minutes but i'm actually sleepy .. i'm sure i can get the achievements tomorrow)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIP:

As the TDN Guide says, collect bubbles for safety. A bubble gives you an "extra" chance to keep going, if you hit an obstacle/debris. More bubbles = more chances to keep going. It took me awhile to figure that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Angeló said:

TIP : 

An obstacle can never appear in the same lane two times in a row. So when an obstacle appears in lane 1, move to lane 1 as soon as it passes, then move to wherever the next obstacle appears, and so on. Takes about 9 minutes to pass 400 obstacles for the achievement.

(i made it to 4 minutes but i'm actually sleepy .. i'm sure i can get the achievements tomorrow)

Your tip totally saved my bacon! I didn't think I'd be able to all the achievements on my computer, but I did. I read your tip and on the first game after I got all three of the achievements. Now I can go onto more important things than worrying about these achievements. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Your tip totally saved my bacon! I didn't think I'd be able to all the achievements on my computer, but I did. I read your tip and on the first game after I got all three of the achievements. Now I can go onto more important things than worrying about these achievements. 😃

i still can't beat 5 minutes

but mostly bcz i have the flu

and my eyes are tired 

i am getting new prescription glasses tomorrow 

so hopefully i can beat it then 

i got so close though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I'm guessing this game is easier when using an actual mouse and not a touch pad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BEE. said:

Ugh, I'm guessing this game is easier when using an actual mouse and not a touch pad?

i used the keyboard left & right buttons .. it can b done with a little concentration

finally did it and got all the achievements 

took me 9min45sec

when i passed the 400 obstacle mark my ship "crashed" and the game ended on its own 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BEE. said:

Ugh, I'm guessing this game is easier when using an actual mouse and not a touch pad?

mouse is probably easier than touch pad but touch screen is even easier. I played it on my phone and used either 3 fingers of one hand or my two thumbs. That way I could quickly switch lanes without even have to move my hand. It worked so much better than on my desktop with my mouse.

I ignored the coins when in fast water and mostly just went to the lane with the last obstacle. At first I had to learn to wait a bit before changing lane 'cause I would crash into the obstacle I just passed.

The bubbles really help though, they allow you to make a little mistake/crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Additionally, Letters and Legends mobile app has released for North America.

 

Hmm, I am in North America and have my location set to USA in app store and it is not available yet for me (Apple problem?)

Also is it 400 objects in one run?  If so I can just mark that off my ever going to get list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, emily_speck_15 said:

Hmm, I am in North America and have my location set to USA in app store and it is not available yet for me (Apple problem?)

Also is it 400 objects in one run?  If so I can just mark that off my ever going to get list. 

Yes, 400 in one run! You will get it, Em!

Try making the far left or far right your "home" base and always go back after dodging in that one lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

Hmm, I am in North America and have my location set to USA in app store and it is not available yet for me (Apple problem?)

Also is it 400 objects in one run?  If so I can just mark that off my ever going to get list. 

According to JellyNeo, it was available, and then "pulled" from the Apple App Store, apparently a "mistake" and "premature". As for Google Play, I couldn't find it. However, it is still scheduled to be released worldwide on 28 Feb 2019. Not too much longer, if it goes as planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 7:05 AM, Angeló said:

TIP : 

An obstacle can never appear in the same lane two times in a row. So when an obstacle appears in lane 1, move to lane 1 as soon as it passes, then move to wherever the next obstacle appears, and so on. Takes about 9 minutes to pass 400 obstacles for the achievement.

(i made it to 4 minutes but i'm actually sleepy .. i'm sure i can get the achievements tomorrow)

 

18 hours ago, Angeló said:

i used the keyboard left & right buttons .. it can b done with a little concentration

finally did it and got all the achievements 

took me 9min45sec

when i passed the 400 obstacle mark my ship "crashed" and the game ended on its own 

4

These two tips helped me get all 3 achievements in one go! 

It was definitely more accurate when using the keyboard left & right buttons rather than clicking on the screen with the mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm!!! So to stand any chance at this I should ignore the coins and just dodge the obstacles... Ok, I'll give that a go, but keeping going for that long is something I'm unlikely to be able to manage, but I'll get further than I've managed so far, won't I! 😁

...

HAHAHA, yeah, I managed to last for 43 seconds instead of 21... 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend is encountering another problem in getting the 3rd achievement. The one where you need to dodge 400 obstacles. His best is 403 (he send me a screenshot to prove it) but it didn't register it or something. At least it's not green yet. Also, every time he plays the game stops at 5:03 minutes, without crashing into anything and with bubbles to spare. It used to end after 400+ obstacles or so but after 5 minutes makes it impossible to pass the 400. I've tried myself to get to 400 within 5 minutes but even if I took every single Zumathingy I couldn't get it.

Anyone else having problems with getting the Smooth Sailing achievement?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 9:29 AM, Duma said:

My friend is encountering another problem in getting the 3rd achievement. The one where you need to dodge 400 obstacles. His best is 403 (he send me a screenshot to prove it) but it didn't register it or something. At least it's not green yet. Also, every time he plays the game stops at 5:03 minutes, without crashing into anything and with bubbles to spare. It used to end after 400+ obstacles or so but after 5 minutes makes it impossible to pass the 400. I've tried myself to get to 400 within 5 minutes but even if I took every single Zumathingy I couldn't get it.

Anyone else having problems with getting the Smooth Sailing achievement?

image.png

Having same exact problem. Ship “crashes” after 5 minutes even though I haven’t crashed it. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, Duma said:

My friend is encountering another problem in getting the 3rd achievement. The one where you need to dodge 400 obstacles. His best is 403 (he send me a screenshot to prove it) but it didn't register it or something. At least it's not green yet. Also, every time he plays the game stops at 5:03 minutes, without crashing into anything and with bubbles to spare. It used to end after 400+ obstacles or so but after 5 minutes makes it impossible to pass the 400. I've tried myself to get to 400 within 5 minutes but even if I took every single Zumathingy I couldn't get it.

Anyone else having problems with getting the Smooth Sailing achievement?

image.png

 

18 minutes ago, Neopets9738368 said:

Having same exact problem. Ship “crashes” after 5 minutes even though I haven’t crashed it. Weird.

Not sure if it will help, but for the both of you, try clearing your browser's cache, if you haven't tried already, and see if you can now reach the Smooth Sailing achievement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried on my own account (It stopped as well after 5 minutes) and I was able to play to 400+ obstacles. Don't know why I didn't think of this myself. I'll let my friend know so he can get the last achievement.

Don't know if my friend tried, I'm guessing not, but since this works maybe playing on another browser or device (like a phone) should work as well.

Thank you so much Scoobert!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Duma said:

I've tried on my own account (It stopped as well after 5 minutes) and I was able to play to 400+ obstacles. Don't know why I didn't think of this myself. I'll let my friend know so he can get the last achievement.

Don't know if my friend tried, I'm guessing not, but since this works maybe playing on another browser or device (like a phone) should work as well.

Thank you so much Scoobert!

Yes, using another browser or device should work, as they would use their own cache. That is a great idea, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to get to the five minute mark but that dodging 400 goal is killing me. I feel like I definitely need to lay it to rest for the night and try fresh tomorrow.

I wish it would show how many obstacles you've dodged on the CRASHED (aka score) page. Instead, other than time, every other line there is in reference to how many coins you've collected. (even when I just concentrate on dodging the obstacles without really trying for the coins, I still tend to have a higher score than number of dodged obstacles because of the red 5 point coins)

The screenshot above shows a high score of 403... ughhhhhh I bet you were relatively close to hitting that 400 obstacle achievement, too!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontloseyourhat said:

I managed to get to the five minute mark but that dodging 400 goal is killing me. I feel like I definitely need to lay it to rest for the night and try fresh tomorrow.

I wish it would show how many obstacles you've dodged on the CRASHED (aka score) page. Instead, other than time, every other line there is in reference to how many coins you've collected. (even when I just concentrate on dodging the obstacles without really trying for the coins, I still tend to have a higher score than number of dodged obstacles because of the red 5 point coins)

The screenshot above shows a high score of 403... ughhhhhh I bet you were relatively close to hitting that 400 obstacle achievement, too!

 

It does. The "Best" is the highest number of obstacles you dodged. (It can go back to "0", if you clear your browser's cache, or use another browser, or if your browser clears its cache). In the screenshot, the individual should have received the "Smooth Sailing" achievement, as they made it past 400, but they never got it, for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

It does. The "Best" is the highest number of obstacles you dodged. (It can go back to "0", if you clear your browser's cache, or use another browser, or if your clears cache). In the screenshot, the individual should have received the "Smooth Sailing" achievement, as they made it past 400, but they never got it, for some reason.

I have never been so happy to be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, Angeló said:

i used the keyboard left & right buttons .. it can b done with a little concentration

finally did it and got all the achievements 

took me 9min45sec

when i passed the 400 obstacle mark my ship "crashed" and the game ended on its own 

 

On 2/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, Duma said:

mouse is probably easier than touch pad but touch screen is even easier. I played it on my phone and used either 3 fingers of one hand or my two thumbs. That way I could quickly switch lanes without even have to move my hand. It worked so much better than on my desktop with my mouse.

I ignored the coins when in fast water and mostly just went to the lane with the last obstacle. At first I had to learn to wait a bit before changing lane 'cause I would crash into the obstacle I just passed.

The bubbles really help though, they allow you to make a little mistake/crash.

Haha, I don't know why I didn't even think of the keyboard arrows! 🤦‍♀️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any way to see which achievements you have gotten? i know i got the 5 mins and the 400 obstacles ones as there was a pop-up that told me so, but I just played to get the third achievement (200 obstacles) and nothing happened..? Also my game doesn't end automatically at all like some others have mentioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ranga_muffin said:

is there any way to see which achievements you have gotten? i know i got the 5 mins and the 400 obstacles ones as there was a pop-up that told me so, but I just played to get the third achievement (200 obstacles) and nothing happened..? Also my game doesn't end automatically at all like some others have mentioned?

Yes, via the "Achievements" page, here:

http://www.neopets.com/desert/thelostheirloom/achievements/index.phtml

As far as I know, there is no achievement for "200 obstacles".

The 3 Lyra's Escape "Achievements" are:

Long Lasting - Play a single game where you last at least 5 minutes without "crashing".

Smooth Sailing - Play a single game where you dodge 400 obstacles. (The game usually automatically "crashes" after reaching it. It might be on PC only, but unable to confirm).

The 4 the Merrier - Collect 4 bubbles, during a single game.

And, in case anyone is wondering, the "Keeping Up with the Xendricks" is still not achievable, at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...