Lyra and the Lost Heirloom: Lyra's Escape

hrtbrk

4 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Smooth Sailing - Play a single game where you dodge 400 obstacles. (The game usually automatically "crashes" after reaching it. It might be on PC only, but unable to confirm).

Not on pc only. I've played it on my phone and it stopped after 400 and a few obstacles there too.

Geez I wish they'd announce the plot steps on the homepage. There was so long without an update and then all of a sudden two chapters within such a short period of time. Am I the only one that finds that the "Read 10 Chapters on the Day of Release" is totally unfair? For the longest time the Achievement didn't even say anything, so no one knew and it would of been one thing if it was something like Daily Dare, Game Master Challenge, or Advent when you KNOW when to login each day, but like with this I logged in for 10 days in a row checking with no update, with them not having any sense of a time and date for each chapter is annoying. A little frustrating I've only got one on release day. I'm not even sure how many more chapters there are, but I don't want to miss out on a prize. ?

36 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Am I the only one that finds that the "Read 10 Chapters on the Day of Release" is totally unfair?

No you're not the only one, TNT does seem to delight in pulling this kind of stunt, don't they!

There are 14 chapters and even though I have the achievement it still feels unfair because you had to find out yourself. News was often a day late (depending on your timezone, people sleep you know) or not there at all and like said above, there were days or even weeks in between with nothing.

Tip for the future, the moment an event start add it to your dailies list to at least open the page, if there is an update you'll see it right away, if not takes just one second to see and close it. That's what I do and how I managed to read 12 chapters day of release.

That’s the sort of things I cannot stand with NP. Daily Time log ins to get all the checks of a plot. I had this issue last time with the last plot, and it’s the only achievement I didn’t get. It’s annoying.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:42 PM, Neopets9738368 said:

Having same exact problem. Ship “crashes” after 5 minutes even though I haven’t crashed it. Weird.

Thanks! This as helpful and fixed th problem. Now if I can only fix NP adding time sensitive achievements to plots......

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

Well, that game was horrifying. Thanks for the tips in this thread though! They helped me get all the achievements.

(I was suprised to find I managed to read 6 updates on the day of release. I did suspect the requirement for this achievement would be something like this, so early on I did check the page regularly, but after a while I lost interest/forgot the plot existed. ?)

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Huh? :huh:

image.png.e52bc4183139d95b052e5b5e9a28c575.png

Okayyy, I know I'm not the best at comprehension these days, but seriously... huh?

No I'm seeing that as well and it really is ... ugh. After trying to get the game to load all week without success, they've now pulled it and I can't complete the quest. #@&($^P(RYPOH B)O#@*r:hmmph::angry::angry:

5 out pf 9 achievements... guess I'll be buying that stamp :crying_anim:

29 minutes ago, Hanso said:

Wait, what? It's over already?! What even was that plot?

It relieves me so much that I'm not the only one reacting like this. ?

Yes, it seems to have ended in the middle of nowhere. The last chapter really made no sense to me. Who is this Dacon? I guess we can assume Lyra escaped her father, but what happened to her after that? What happened to her father? This "ending" is making "Howard the Duck" look like a better movie.

Keeping Up with the Xendriks

Read any 10 chapter updates on the day of release. (You have read 6 chapter updates on the day of release)

After all that effort to get all the other achievements... this is really disappointing. But I guess 8 out of 9 is not that bad.

And I agree with others, the ending didn't make any sense. I thought it was an error. I keep refreshing Chapter 13 to see if I missed anything ?

Keeping Up with the Xendriks

Read any 10 chapter updates on the day of release. (You have read 5 chapter updates on the day of release)

Pfft, whatever.

Join the Journey and In One Fell Swoop are the only achievements I have. ?

Well... I faithfully checked every day for weeks on end and NOTHING happened. Then, life gets busy and I don't check in for a few days and discover the plot has ended and I have missed the chance to do the last part. I'm very annoyed. I guess I'll be buying the stamp... which is foolish bc I'd gladly have gotten it myself had I known. Grrr.

I only just noticed that the plot has ended; reading that last chapter made me think a new part of the plot was starting (because it seemed entirely unrelated to the rest of the plot XD), so I was actually dutifully checking the plot each day (in case I'd have the chance to read some more chapters on the day of release), and I totally missed the bright red notice at the top of the page. ?

Is anyone still able to load the Lyra's Escape game? I saw another post saying they logged in today and played. It's not loading or me. Just opening a new narrow window and loading the first page of the plot comic. I tried it both in Chrome and Explorer and nada. I wish it would load tho so I can actually maybe get another achievement ?

OK all this makes me upset too. I have been dealing with some serious health problems and although I saw the second game was available I just couldn't bring myself to play. I have been doing my dailies, responding to neomails and posting in the forum, then I'm back to bed. I'm disappointed reading about this since they waited so long in doing the end I really thought I had time. Oh well, screwed by NP's one more time. They should have left it up longer. I guess I'm just a bitter old person.

2 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

OK all this makes me upset too. I have been dealing with some serious health problems and although I saw the second game was available I just couldn't bring myself to play. I have been doing my dailies, responding to neomails and posting in the forum, then I'm back to bed. I'm disappointed reading about this since they waited so long in doing the end I really thought I had time. Oh well, screwed by NP's one more time. They should have left it up longer. I guess I'm just a bitter old person.

to be honest Granny , i don't even think the prize shop is going to be really worth it 

5 minutes ago, Angeló said:

to be honest Granny , i don't even think the prize shop is going to be really worth it 

I agree, I've looked at the prizes and although there are a couple of items I would like to have there are none I can't live  without or buy from another member. K SARA SARA for there stupid plot!

okay iam so annoyed! i made a thread about this without realizing more people were already talking about this.... the story doesnt make sense!!! clearly TNT messed up and should fix things! its stuff like this that makes me not want to pllay! i got all the achievments except the "keeping up" one and thats because noone knew what it was! and the plot wasnt even released regularly! which is another rant in itsself! and now its over and theres huge holes in the story!.... this plot was terrible and it seems like neopets just gave up on it and was like " welp!, its already a disaster so lets just cut to the end, pretend this never happened, and release the prizes."

iam genuinely annoyed! like this is infuriating