lyra's escape wont load?

mokusei4

im in chrome, which i know hates flash, but up til now ive been able to get the games and pages to load just fine. well except for kiko pop, but i just have to click "allow" in the site settings on the upper left every day and it works after the page reloads. with lyras escape...nothing. maybe it has something to do with the fact that neopets outsourced this one according to the forums here?

i did also notice that when i opened neopets today, it claimed that flash was disabled in a yellow bar over the top, and redirected me to a(n outdated) page on how to enable it, which it hasnt done before.

whats going on? genuinely dont know how i will progress in this plot now. i dont plan to log in to neopets on other browsers nor do i want to download them for this.

included a screencap of what it looks like. opening the popup in a new tab gives me the same result

escapebug.PNG

It shouldn't be a Flash issue. "Lyra's Escape" is designed to be played on mobile devices, too, and most mobile devices no longer support Flash.

Have you tried clearing Chrome's cache?

Are you using any extensions/plugins, especially ones that may block java script or tracking, like "Ghostry" or "NoTrack"?

Are you browsing in "incognito" mode, or, if not, have you tried browsing in "incognito" mode?

Is Chrome set to block pop-ups? If so, have you tried adding www.neopets.com, refreshing the page, and then see if it works?

Those are usual suspects...

4 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

It shouldn't be a Flash issue. "Lyra's Escape" is designed to be played on mobile devices, too, and most mobile devices no longer support Flash.

Have you tried clearing Chrome's cache?

Are you using any extensions/plugins, especially ones that may block java script or tracking, like "Ghostry" or "NoTrack"?

Are you browsing in "incognito" mode, or, if not, have you tried browsing in "incognito" mode?

Is Chrome set to block pop-ups? If so, have you tried adding www.neopets.com, refreshing the page, and then see if it works?

Those are usual suspects...

OH lol i thought it was flash...woops!

i cleared the cache, disabled extensions(dont have the ones you mention but i did disable adblock, adblock+, ublock and tampermonkey), double checked my settings(pop ups and javascript are indeed already enabled), and tried incognito mode.

unfortunately, got the same results.

@Dilley88, mentioned a good point, too. Rebooting does seem to "fix" a lot of things on computers.

Also, you may want to check Chrome is up-to-date.  I have a feeling you already know how to check for Chrome updates, but just case, for anyone else who may read this and is not sure, click in the three vertical dots, in the top corner of Chrome, and select "Help", then "About Google Chrome". When you do that, Chrome should check for updates automatically, and if there is one, should download/install it right away. Once completed, click "Relaunch", to reopen Chrome. See if that helps.

If you use any type of antivirus or firewall, other that the default Windows ones, it is possible either could be blocking the game. Might want to check and see if you notice anything from those programs. A topic on the "Site Events" Neoboard mentions Bitdefender blocks the game from loading and another mentioned their avtivirus program was blocking it, too.

ref: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159845389

3 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

@Dilley88, mentioned a good point, too. Rebooting does seem to "fix" a lot of things on computers.

Also, you may want to check Chrome is up-to-date.  I have a feeling you already know how to check for Chrome updates, but just case, for anyone else who may read this and is not sure, click in the three vertical dots, in the top corner of Chrome, and select "Help", then "About Google Chrome". When you do that, Chrome should check for updates automatically, and if there is one, should download/install it right away. Once completed, click "Relaunch", to reopen Chrome. See if that helps.

If you use any type of antivirus or firewall, other that the default Windows ones, it is possible either could be blocking the game. Might want to check and see if you notice anything from those programs. A topic on the "Site Events" Neoboard mentions Bitdefender blocks the game from loading and another mentioned their avtivirus program was blocking it, too.

ref: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159845389

ahh, that was my problem. turns out bitdefender was blocking it and i needed to make an exception. although i dont like how i have to expose my computer to some malware just to play a game...neopets is not a very secure site.

edit: there is indeed a very real trojan in the game, luckily my bitdefender deletes it from my computer before it can do anything but everyone be careful. like the person on the neoboards link said, it is called nemucod.

trojan.png

Edited by mokusei4
adding an image, dont want to double post