Is this a glitch, or just my computer being wonky?

GillyTook

For the past few days, as I scroll around, I have been seeing this.  It seems to show up, then vanish after a few seconds.  I know I have flash installed, and I believed enabled, but is this just my computer, or is it something to do with the site being changed to the new system, or something else?

image.thumb.png.77a61e596057a729e4c7eb6549b4577a.png

You don't have it enabled for Neopets on your browser. The pop-up goes away once you do, however I think with the way Chrome works, you will have to enable it every time you close and re-open your browser.

It's something I wish Chrome would fix because it's so irritating to have to enable flash every single time, even tho we set it to allow ?

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

For the past few days, as I scroll around, I have been seeing this.  It seems to show up, then vanish after a few seconds.  I know I have flash installed, and I believed enabled, but is this just my computer, or is it something to do with the site being changed to the new system, or something else?

It is neither a glitch or your computer, it is Neopets induced and what it IS is flipping annoying lol. Especially when their instructions for enabling are so out of date. 

Here is the explanation courtesy of JN

JN.JPG

Huh.  That's really odd, since I thought I'd enabled it in this session.  Well, that's good to know at least!

Thank you, everyone :) 

Edit:  And yeah, needing to enable flash EVERY time I open a browser is obnoxious.  At least they should go back to the semi-old way of letting us enable once for a site, and that being it.

As @lojoco49 mentioned, it is a bit out-of-date, so be careful using it. It appears to be a "cut-and-paste", from another web site. If you use Safari, step 4 has you adding a completely different web site. You should be adding www.neopets.com, and not the site listed.

Also, for Chrome and Firefox, they have you enabling Flash for every web site, and not just for Neopets. Again, from a security standpoint, that is not good. With both browsers, you can enable Flash for specific web sites. However, I do use Firefox and have enabled Flash as per the instructions, but I am aware what that setting does, and am willing to assume the risk.

If you use Edge, and have updated to Windows 1809, then you will need to either open the page with Internet Explorer 11, or use another browser. The 1809 update changes the way Edge uses Flash, and many Neopets web pages do not seem to indicate they have Flash content within them, so Edge will not give the "puzzle piece" for you to enable Flash.

As for Chrome, they deliberate made that change, so it is unlikely Chrome will change it back.

If you use a mobile device (phone, tablet), you will need to use a "Flash enabled" mobile browser, like Puffin or Photon, as those instructions do not apply to mobile versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Opera, and most mobile devices no longer support Flash, at all.

On 2/23/2019 at 5:53 PM, GillyTook said:

I know this is off topic, but I must ask... what is this really cool site theme you have, and is there a way for me to get it??

1 hour ago, charelan said:

I know this is off topic, but I must ask... what is this really cool site theme you have, and is there a way for me to get it??

It's called treasure keepers and it's retired now. You needed to complete the Treasure Keepers tutorial and redeem the code after unlocking an achievement. The games and the codes aren't working any more so there is no way to get it now.