Flashcrash when I try to dress my pet?

buggyeyes

Hi, long time player but coming back after a long hiatus (forgot my password, as well as the password to the email attatched to the account, whoops) and I wanted to dress my pets up, as their christmas-type accessories don't really make sense in late february; however every time I try to load the pet customization page, flash crashes. I use firefox (I think it matters to know what broswer I'm using in order to help diagnose the problem but im not 100% sure, I'm not very tech savvy sorry ?)

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how I can fix it? Any help is appreciated ?

Flash can crash with Customization, if you have too many items in your Closet. Generally, it seems to happen, if you have more than 600 items in your Closet, but I have heard others, on the "Help" Neoboards, mention they had it happen with less than that amount. Some have had success with getting it down to 150 and less.

If you have more than one pet, but Flash doesn't crash when you Customize a pet, but it does crash when you Customize another pet, some have mentioned accessing the pet that doesn't crash, and then change to the other pet, via the Customization menu - essentially going through a pet to get to another, if that makes sense. They also mentioned they were able to Customize that pet , even with having a lot of items in their Closet.

I'm using firefox as well and had customizing crash on me too. Actually after writing this sentence I tried again and it crashed again. The fix is, even though you already accepted flash, to accept it again. Just in case you don't know how: In the address bar there is a little grey block (next to the i in a circle), click it, check Remember this decision and click Allow. Then reload the page with either F5 or ctrl+R. Don't use the "reload the page" on the grey crashed customizing field. Customizing should now work for this session. You might have to do this everytime. I have to apparently.

1 hour ago, Duma said:

Just in case you don't know how: In the address bar there is a little grey block (next to the i in a circle), click it, check Remember this decision and click Allow. Then reload the page with either F5 or ctrl+R. Don't use the "reload the page" on the grey crashed customizing field.

I'm going to investigate this as it crashes repeatedly on me pretty much any time I try to customise. I've always just shrugged it off and refreshed until it finally loads. Generally shutting down other tabs in the hope of appeasing things.

Of course this time it didn't crash, did it... ? But I clicked on the little grey box anyway, just because, lol.

Why is it better to use the page refresh rather than the one within the customisation box?

On my pc it doesn't even work when I use the link within the customisation box. I'll have to re-accept flash and reload. That's why I said to not use it. Maybe it's just my pc though. I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Duma said:

On my pc it doesn't even work when I use the link within the customisation box. I'll have to re-accept flash and reload. That's why I said to not use it. Maybe it's just my pc though. I don't know.

Ah! Interesting. Well I think it never works for me either and I have to remember to use f5 instead. ?

I used to always have this issue on my mac however i started using Opera and it's never failed to load, even with my closet being well over the limit. 

It sometimes crasheslike this on my PC but I also do what was suggested here and refresh endlessly until it works lol