Random Stuff

Duma

Okay, so, I have some NC stuff that I'm not using or plan on using (I don't like moving stuff on my customization) so I made myself a list of all the items I don't want anymore. I've randomized the list and gave each item a number. There are 45 items and I will be giving them away. I'll warn you up front, most of the items aren't very special (I think, I've never really cared for NC items). They came from free stuff and goodie bags old and new.

So, you want to play and get a surprise item you say?
Okay sure! Let's do this! Let's have some fun!
What do you need to do to get an item you ask?
Easy! Just type down a natural number between 1 and 45, your Neopets username and uh, don't forget about the rules, like the one of 7 words :wink:. I'm not doing this to give myself a lot of work modding the forum. :upsidedown:
Just be witty/creative or get us a riddle. I'm sure you can come up with something to say.

Oh, before I forget, 1 other rule: Only 1 number/item per person though. The tombola will last until either 45 people have gotten an item or until March 13 (Yes, 2019 don't even think you can outsmart me on this :P). Whenever I have time I'll send the item over and post an update about how many items are left. Saves you counting how many people posted a number. If there is a double number, don't worry, I've got that covered. I made a nice spreadsheet and automated it with functions. Everything I could think of that could happen has been covered.

1 hour ago, Duma said:

and uh, don't forget about the rules, like the one of 7 words :wink:. I'm not doing this to give myself a lot of work modding the forum. :upsidedown:

?

I'll behave, honest!

This is cute, Tombola!

I pick 37! Neo name: yantato

Do you guys have Tombolas in your country? Or is it one of the VERY British things that Adam and Donna added that somewhat mystify people from elsewhere?

There, I'm giving people something to respond to so they can say enough. ?

Oh and I just Googled it, because Tombola is a very un-British word, and Wikipedia says it originates from Italy, cool!

6 minutes ago, Angeló said:

We have Tombolas in parties like New Year's etc

Tombolas here tend to be at things like school fetes, and similar events held by churches and the local Women's Institute and other organisations like that. So the prizes are invariably stuff other people don't want, and also cheap pantry items like, well, like the stuff you get from Neo's Tombola! Tins of beans and boxes of trifle mix! Cheap and nasty wine, like the stuff people turn up with at parties but no-one wants to drink, oh and packs of bath cubes are a perennial favourite too. I'm sure those either spontaneously appear on Tombola stalls, or, the same ones have been getting won, and then re-donated, for decades, because I'm quite sure no-one makes those things any more. ?

It's the same here jellysundae, with tombola's. They have them at school fests and the sort, giving out stuff they got for free/very cheap. A lot of times there's also a guess the weight kind of thing. But usually you need to pay a small amount to participate and the money is being used either for charity or for the institutions treasure chest, don't know the best word to call it but I guess you know what I mean. But sometimes there is nice stuff in it though! One persons trash is another's treasure I guess. At least for some items. I didn't know it was an Italian word, that's a fun trivia.

Both items have been send.

Remaining items: 43.

Ooh! Thank you, this is fun, lol.

I'm giving Tate a new look!

Instead of his usual foppish Hugh Grant-like locks...

medium_preview.png

he's got a different distraction to use in the BD!

2k80uHg.jpg

Doesn't he look ADORABLE!!! ??

Rasala clearly can't handle it at all. ?

This is sweet and fun! I think I'll join in thanks!
#10, aaml123

And a riddle ?

Alive as you but without breath,
As cold in my life as in my death;
Never a thirst though I always drink,
Dressed in a mail but never a clink.
What am I?

Yay! A riddle! I love riddles! See, this is fun! Entertainment AND a present! :laugh:

2 more items have left my SDB, 41 remaining.

I was thinking a fish too, although I'm not sure about their body temperature, I might be overthinking it though, I mean, it's me... I think ... and therefor I am?  Brain, stop, that's enough, go watch some tv. You're confusing people here. :P

I just looked up "tombola" on Google and is it the same as bingo? 'Cause if so, yeah, we've got those here. But isn't Neopets' version of tombola quite different? Like, don't you have to pull out a ticket and depending on the number you get you're given a certain prize? That seems different from bingo and the definitions of tombola I found online.

Anyway, this looks like fun :D I'll pick #22 if it's not too much to ask. My username is leo_flores

I pick... number 25 with the username sienna_maiu

I first heard of "tombola" on neopets back in the 90s, and I haven't heard of it anywhere else at all since. Ever since then I've always just wondered "the heck is a 'tombola'?" I usually just slated it to being some sort of island or Hawaiian thing.

Edit:  Oh and that was rude of me... I forgot to say, "Thank you!"

I thought that Tombola was just a made up neo version of a charity lottery style event. I have been proven wrong by the other much more knowledgeable persons than myself (curse you google! you have won this round!).

Item number 1 for usename babayaga67

A man was at a carnival and went up to one of the stands. Behind the counter the carnival employee professed an ability to guess the weight of others. If the carnival employee was able to write the man's exact weight on a piece of paper then the man would pay the carnival employee $50, if the carnival employee was incorrect then he would pay the man $50. The man looked around and was unable to find a scale of any kind. The man figured that he could just say that he weighed either more or less than what the carnival employee had written on the paper and he would walk away with $50. After the man read the paper he paid the carnival employee $50 and went on his way. Why did the man pay the carnival employee?

Just now, jellysundae said:

No-one picked up on my reference to @aaml' riddle? :ph34r:

Oh man I went right by your post somehow but I appreciate the humor ?

OK I want to play! I am picking 23. Why 23? Well my birthday is on the 14th (on this month) Our 34th wedding anniversary is on the 9th (of this month) 14 + 9 = 23. My age way surpassed the number of items you have so I thought I better go with the combo of the other 2 numbers, much lower. LOL ?

Thanks for donating stuff. Whatever, if anything, that is sent to me will be appreciated.

Shoot! I forgot to add my neo name... granny63020

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Is 21 available? If so, may I pick it? My Neopets user name is a riddle, if you need one. It is oiram_repap. Thank you.!

1st time I joined the forums and saw your name I knew it right away. One of my favorite things. If I am wrong then I don't want to know!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

3 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

@aaml "man's exact weight," but yes, you are correct.

Your parents have six sons including you. Each son has one sister. How many people are in your family?

9! Your parents (2), you and your brothers (6), and your collective sister (1). 

And for a number, let's try 9 too ? emily_speck_15 and as for a riddle...

If I am not measured I remain unknown, 

Yet measuring me, takes me.  (I forget the exact words, pretend it is a little more poetic)

Tombola and raffle are both used to mean the same thing in the UK, but nowadays I hear the term raffle used a lot more than tombola.

I pick number 7 please and my username is exquiisiite

? 

@emily_speck_15 Is it a heartbeat? Because you measure by each beat/second?

A serial killer kidnapped 5 different people and sat them down each with two pills in their hand and a glass of water. He told them each to take one pill but warned them that one was poisonous and the other was harmless. Whichever pill the victim didn't take the serial killer would take. Every victim somehow chose the poisonous pill and died. How did the serial killer get them all to take the poisonous pill?

1 hour ago, emily_speck_15 said:

If I am not measured I remain unknown, 

Yet measuring me, takes me.  (I forget the exact words, pretend it is a little more poetic)

Sounds like a temperature.

56 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

A serial killer kidnapped 5 different people and sat them down each with two pills in their hand and a glass of water. He told them each to take one pill but warned them that one was poisonous and the other was harmless. Whichever pill the victim didn't take the serial killer would take. Every victim somehow chose the poisonous pill and died. How did the serial killer get them all to take the poisonous pill?

I always assumed in Sherlock that both were poisonous, but that the killer was immune because of his tumor/it was some sort of experimental medicine he was supposed to be taking anyway.