Random Stuff

Duma

1 hour ago, babayaga67 said:

@emily_speck_15 Is it a heartbeat? Because you measure by each beat/second?

A serial killer kidnapped 5 different people and sat them down each with two pills in their hand and a glass of water. He told them each to take one pill but warned them that one was poisonous and the other was harmless. Whichever pill the victim didn't take the serial killer would take. Every victim somehow chose the poisonous pill and died. How did the serial killer get them all to take the poisonous pill? 

Neither of the pills was poisonous. The poison was in the water that all the victims used to swallow their pill.

The water! That's clever!

Alright, here's a Neopian riddle, I just woke up so I hope my brain worked decently enough to make this:

I freeze and I blow with all of my might.
When caught in my center I won't let you fight.
The air and the earth, blessed more than a dozen.
Beware and be smart and use me with caution.
What am I?

Remaining numbers: 1 to 32

5 minutes ago, Aranel said:

I choose #3. :D My username is rings_of_the_lord 

This is one of my favourite riddles:

What walks on four feet in the morning, two in the afternoon and three at night? 

I know the answer to this ancient Greek riddle, I've known it for almost 2 decades so I won't spoil it for anyone else. Item has been sent. 31 numbers remaining.

2 minutes ago, Duma said:

I know the answer to this ancient Greek riddle, I've known it for almost 2 decades so I won't spoil it for anyone else. Item has been sent. 31 numbers remaining.

Thank you so much! ^_^ What a fun thing you're doing.

All the riddles are making my head spin, lol.  Despite the ones that I know thanks to both Tolkien and Stephen King.

Actually, I think the fish one is in both The Hobbit AND whichever Dark Tower book it is: The Wastelands or Wizard and Glass. @Angeló which one is it?! I think it's one of the questions Jake asks Blaine, and at the beginning of the riddling, so maybe at the end of Wastelands, but I'm quite likely completely wrong. ?

I have a riddle for y'all! (did I suddenly become Texan???)

You're in a house where all the windows face south; there's a bear outside, what colour is it?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

All the riddles are making my head spin, lol.  Despite the ones that I know thanks to both Tolkien and Stephen King.

Actually, I think the fish one is in both The Hobbit AND whichever Dark Tower book it is: The Wastelands or Wizard and Glass. @Angeló which one is it?! I think it's one of the questions Jake asks Blaine, and at the beginning of the riddling, so maybe at the end of Wastelands, but I'm quite likely completely wrong. ?

I have a riddle for y'all! (did I suddenly become Texan???)

You're in a house where all the windows face south; there's a bear outside, what colour is it?

white? I mean, if the house is facing south in every direction it's most likely on the northpole. Most nothern point there is on Earth. So that would make the bear an arctic kind and thus most likely white.

@Hanso Don't worry about that. You're very welcome. Glad to see you're happy with it. ? 

3 minutes ago, Duma said:

white? I mean, if the house is facing south in every direction it's most likely on the northpole. Most nothern point there is on Earth. So that would make the bear an arctic kind and thus most likely white.

Yup! Gold star for Duma!

When I was asked this I over-thought it entirely (as you tend to with these things!) and was thinking it'd be dark because the sun would be behind it and you couldn't see what colour it was and blah blah blah. ?

Also, as Tate's rockin' his pretty wig, why not give him some cute freckles, too??

image.png.236f827e620f56d1fc5364a8a9c7b809.png

I would choose #5 because #5 has been my lucky number since my brother was 5, and that was....16 years ago. Ew.

There are two monkeys on a tree and one jumps off. Why does the other monkey jump too?

My favorite riddle for my students and also a great lesson. :)

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Actually, I think the fish one is in both The Hobbit AND whichever Dark Tower book it is: The Wastelands or Wizard and Glass.

granted , SK is a huge JRR Tolkien fan , but he didn't steal the riddle from The Hobbit .. there is one similar to it though that Jake asks Blaine The Pain in the beginning 

"What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a head but never weeps?" A river.

There are two monkeys on a tree and one jumps off. Why does the other monkey jump too?

Monkey See  , Monkey Do ?

Just wondering here Azariah, but can the present #5 be sent to NarakusLove90 ?

2 hours ago, Azariah said:

I would choose #5 because #5 has been my lucky number since my brother was 5, and that was....16 years ago. Ew.

My favorite riddle for my students and also a great lesson. ?

I would say because of physics. If a monkey jumps off the branch will swipe up making the other monkey jump whether he wants to or not. A bit like in this movie:

8 hours ago, Duma said:

The water! That's clever!

Alright, here's a Neopian riddle, I just woke up so I hope my brain worked decently enough to make this:

What am I?

Remaining numbers: 1 to 32

I have been staring at this riddle for several minutes trying to figure out what on earth it could be. I re read the bit about it being a Neopian riddle and realized why I will never figure it out. I don't have 1/10 of the neopian knowledge that many others on here do. I am going to straight up skip this one.

@Aranel I too have heard this riddle. I shall follow @Duma lead and leave the guessing to other's who may not have heard of it.

Duma has me stumped with her riddle too, I'm not Neo-savvy enough to work it out.

Something to do with the Snowager... nah, doesn't seem right, seems to be talking about a hurricane!

Something to do with Faeries?... but why only air and earth then... *scratches head*

?‍♀️

13 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

@emily_speck_15 Is it a heartbeat? Because you measure by each beat/second?

A serial killer kidnapped 5 different people and sat them down each with two pills in their hand and a glass of water. He told them each to take one pill but warned them that one was poisonous and the other was harmless. Whichever pill the victim didn't take the serial killer would take. Every victim somehow chose the poisonous pill and died. How did the serial killer get them all to take the poisonous pill?

No but that is a better.  The correct answer was technically time ?

6 minutes ago, emily_speck_15 said:

No but that is a better.  The correct answer was technically time ?

Oh, I get it! it takes time to measure, even if what you measure is time. But if you don't measure it you won't know the time. Good one ?

It is Tempest! Yay! Someone figured it out! I kinda liked making it too. I was thinking of making more of them and maybe submitting them to the Neopian Times.

I still need to know the username for Azariah and Kute but the items corresponding to their number are reserved for them. Remaining numbers: 29

12 hours ago, Duma said:

What am I?

it's a BD - item ... i just don't know which one lol 

@babayaga67 is it 9 family members? Also uh provided the killer dry swallowed the pills then the poison is actually in the water???

@emily_speck_15 I wanna say babayaga67 seems on the right track with the heartbeat but a second guess is time?