Junk wanted

LekkerLekker89

I'm trying for the Rubbish avatar. I had a little over 7,000 items in my SDB, cleaned it out of all items worth 150 or less and am still in need of around 2,000 items! If anyone has a junk collection that they'd be willing to pass along (for decent price) or knows of any cheap items that are easier to buy in bulk, it would be much appreciated!

You might be just a handful of items away from the avatar... I emptied 700+ things out of my SDB, then got the avatar on the first bulk discard and had to put 700+ back again... ??

I'm keeping hold of all my stuff until after Charity Corner, but I'll willingly help you out after that if you're still in need of it. :nod_yes:

2 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

I'm trying for the Rubbish avatar. I had a little over 7,000 items in my SDB, cleaned it out of all items worth 150 or less and am still in need of around 2,000 items! If anyone has a junk collection that they'd be willing to pass along (for decent price) or knows of any cheap items that are easier to buy in bulk, it would be much appreciated!

I will be happy to help but don't you need a all the items to be different to total up to the number of items for the avatar? I don't know how it works, can you have the same item mulitible times as long as it equals the number needed for the avatar? I'm confused!

2 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I will be happy to help but don't you need a all the items to be different to total up to the number of items for the avatar? I don't know how it works, can you have the same item mulitible times as long as it equals the number needed for the avatar? I'm confused!

Ohh! That I don't know - I certainly hope not! The majority of my items were multiples!

39 minutes ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

Ohh! That I don't know - I certainly hope not! The majority of my items were multiples!

I really don't know. Maybe someone with this answer can tell us. Other wise it may not do any good to send you items if you cant use them since there isn't anyway to know what you already have.

1 hour ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

I got the Rubbish avatar last year and I can vouch that items need not all be unique, you should get credit towards the avatar for all your multiples.  

The SDB Pack Rat avatar requires having over 1000 UNIQUE items in your SDB, is that maybe what you are thinking of, @Granny63020?

Just to share strategy ideas: When I was working on the Rubbish avvie, I surfed around daily and picked up a whole inventory of items that could be found for 1-5 Np in user shops. I used the Item DB on JellyNeo to see what the absolute lowest worth items were, and just searched a few every day until I had my inventory full, then discarded the whole thing. It actually went faster than I expected and it didn't cost me a fortune. Good luck with your avatar - you may be close to getting it already ?

7 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

If you have 7000 items in your inventory then you must already have this avatar. Did you mean 700?

4 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I got the Rubbish avatar last year and I can vouch that items need not all be unique, you should get credit towards the avatar for all your multiples.  

The SDB Pack Rat avatar requires having over 1000 UNIQUE items in your SDB, is that maybe what you are thinking of, @Granny63020?

Just to share strategy ideas: When I was working on the Rubbish avvie, I surfed around daily and picked up a whole inventory of items that could be found for 1-5 Np in user shops. I used the Item DB on JellyNeo to see what the absolute lowest worth items were, and just searched a few every day until I had my inventory full, then discarded the whole thing. It actually went faster than I expected and it didn't cost me a fortune. Good luck with your avatar - you may be close to getting it already ?

This is all good information! I don't know if I have either of the avatars. Maybe I should check and if not I should work toward getting them. I was/am going to help @LekkerLekker89 with getting the avatar for her collection. I just checked to see what I have in my inventory and it says   Items: 1,360 | Qty: 7,595   I don't remember having anything pop up saying I had either avatar but then again maybe it doesn't pop up and tell you. I'll need to check that out tomorrow. According to the numbers I should have both and maybe @LekkerLekker89 does as well.

4 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I don't remember having anything pop up saying I had either avatar but then again maybe it doesn't pop up and tell you.

You should get a notification for both of them, most people do, I know I did. As you say you definitely should have the packrat avatar as you have over 1000 unique items in your SDB, that quantity count means nothing with regard to the Rubbish avatar though, well, apart from you have enough items in your possession to gain it if you discard them all.

Having no idea how close you are to attaining the Rubbish avatar is all part of the "fun". ?

Oh, a thing to remember, which someone on here pointed out... don't go TOO crazy with emptying stuff out of your SDB for mass discards if you're trying for the Rubbish one. Seems if you have over 800 or so items in your inventory then quick stock no longer works, and you have to put stuff away again individually. ?(I don't know if that means it also doesn't work for discarding) So if you get the avatar quickly like I did you could have a REAL job on your hands if you've been a bit over-enthusiastic in your invo-filling, seems I really dodged a bullet with my Rubbish avatar experience with "only" taking 700 and something items out of my SDB for my mass discard attempt, lol.

I recently (as in a few months ago) got the avatar. I had collected items with either "rotten" "reject" or "obsidian" in their name and did all the dailies that rewarded those kind of items. Also picked up 10 items each day from the Money Tree. When I had a couple thousand items I started taking them out 100 at a time and discarded them through quickstock. Only took maybe 1k items when I got the message I got the avatar. Over the years I had already discarded some items (like the ones with dung in their name) but I have no clue how many. Sometimes the popup appears at the bottom of the page though! So check your list of avatars to make sure you don't already have it!

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

You should get a notification for both of them, most people do, I know I did. As you say you definitely should have the packrat avatar as you have over 1000 unique items in your SDB, that quantity count means nothing with regard to the Rubbish avatar though, well, apart from you have enough items in your possession to gain it if you discard them all.

Having no idea how close you are to attaining the Rubbish avatar is all part of the "fun". ?

Oh, a thing to remember, which someone on here pointed out... don't go TOO crazy with emptying stuff out of your SDB for mass discards if you're trying for the Rubbish one. Seems if you have over 800 or so items in your inventory then quick stock no longer works, and you have to put stuff away again individually. ?(I don't know if that means it also doesn't work for discarding) So if you get the avatar quickly like I did you could have a REAL job on your hands if you've been a bit over-enthusiastic in your invo-filling, seems I really dodged a bullet with my Rubbish avatar experience with "only" taking 700 and something items out of my SDB for my mass discard attempt, lol.

LOL Until I read this it hadn't dawned on me that I had to rid myself of the SDB items, I'm keeping them! Most is stuff I just can't use right now, stuff I can gift to others, extra clothing and furniture, MP's maps, books, r90+ items that sort of stuff, but not junk.  I'll have to start putting away junk items to get the rubbish avatar.  So do you put all the dump items in your inventory then start donating it until it's gone or can you do this 25 - 50 - 100 at a time day by day?

17 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

So do you put all the dump items in your inventory then start donating it until it's gone or can you do this 25 - 50 - 100 at a time day by day?

You do it how it suits you best ?

If I was doing it again now I'd move 70 items out at a time so not only could I mass-discard easily but I'd be able to keep track of how much I'd got rid of, too. But that would only work as a count if I'd never discarded a single thing before, lol.

21 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

If you have 7000 items in your inventory then you must already have this avatar. Did you mean 700?

This is all good information! I don't know if I have either of the avatars. Maybe I should check and if not I should work toward getting them. I was/am going to help @LekkerLekker89 with getting the avatar for her collection. I just checked to see what I have in my inventory and it says   Items: 1,360 | Qty: 7,595   I don't remember having anything pop up saying I had either avatar but then again maybe it doesn't pop up and tell you. I'll need to check that out tomorrow. According to the numbers I should have both and maybe @LekkerLekker89 does as well.

I had >7,000 but not all to be discarded - I only discarded items worth less than 150 NP and rarity of <89, which was around 3,000 items. I do have the pack rat avatar though. 

11 hours ago, weezieb3 said:

I have been trying to get this rubbish avvy ever since it came out! I discard about 10 - 25 items a day, just from what I get doing my dailies. One day I expect to be surprised. I hope. Lol

Best of luck!!! That was my initial approach - then about a year ago I started hoarding everything. 

19 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

LOL Until I read this it hadn't dawned on me that I had to rid myself of the SDB items, I'm keeping them! Most is stuff I just can't use right now, stuff I can gift to others, extra clothing and furniture, MP's maps, books, r90+ items that sort of stuff, but not junk.  I'll have to start putting away junk items to get the rubbish avatar.  So do you put all the dump items in your inventory then start donating it until it's gone or can you do this 25 - 50 - 100 at a time day by day?

Remember to discard, not donate!! Donated items don't count toward the avatar.

WOW! I just learned that you have to discard 5000 items to get htis avatar. Boy, they haven't made this one quick or easy (well I guess it is easy) to obtain.

9 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

GOT IT!!!!!! With a huge thank you to Granny!

Granny's lovely, isn't she?! :D And BIG congrats on the avatar!!! :happydance: