CC throwing me a curve ball

jellysundae

My brain finally paid attention today, to this line of last year's points table:

• r102-r179: 4 points

I've realised, having looked through the list of items within these numbers that with a lot of them there's no way of knowing - in your SDB - if an item is in this range, it's in the (special) category and doesn't show the number.

My brain's never seemed to really register that not everything with that (special) tag is an r101, despite my also being fully aware that many of the omelettes are r102 upwards facepalm.gif

So I now realise that I have a previously untapped CC plunder source in my SDB!! ?

(I'm trying valiantly to ignore the fact that I've donated my entire omelette stock in the past because of my brain's stubborn insistence that they were all r101... ?)

I'm now trying to figure out which is what, and it's making my head hurt, lol!

But these things I KNOW I have multiples of, and will be making good use of this time around, now!

Item Search: omelette | Items: 42 | Qty: 313

only 11 of the omelette flavours are in this category, I wonder how many of my 313 will turn out to be them...

coltzan_shield2.gifcoltzan_gem2.gifnegg_bangbang.gifnegg_crystal.gif3541.gif7120.gif1655.gif176.gif

and the creepy plushies from the Deserted fairground, which are ALWAYS on the Money Tree...yep, those guys are all in this range!

'Scuse me now, I'm off to do some omelette inventorying. :ph34r:

the complete Green Pepper, Bacon, Cheese, Cheese and Onion, BBQ Sauce, Tomato, and Tomato and Pepper Omelettes qualify as well (I noticed you only had the 2/3 versions, so wasn't sure if that's what you had meant). Apparently other people have noticed too, cause the prices on those ones seem to be going up.

17 minutes ago, bonnie_morrison said:

the complete Green Pepper, Bacon, Cheese, Cheese and Onion, BBQ Sauce, Tomato, and Tomato and Pepper Omelettes qualify as well (I noticed you only had the 2/3 versions, so wasn't sure if that's what you had meant). Apparently other people have noticed too, cause the prices on those ones seem to be going up.

There's method to that search showing just the 2/3 option; it was so it showed just one option for each flavour and didn't confuse me, lol. :snitch: I use the same ploy with pizzas too, searching for 5/6 is just tider, lol.

Having checked my SBD, I'll have over 100 whole and part omelettes from this lot to donate though, so yay for me realising this about them NOW, and not afterwards. ?

46 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

I've been collecting omelettes ever since the last CC and will be super salty if they aren't included in this years CC categories.

Yeah, there's a good chance they'll have tweaked how things work this year isn't there, even if they are following the same format, it's why I don't ever buy ANYTHING in preparation, but I can't be trusted to not get RID of stuff... ?

I love your enthusiasm for the money tree right now. I wish I was you right now with that mentality. I also completely forgot that Koi warrior gives out some items that are good for CC...  I think its the books or plushies or both. If yall wanna start battling daily. 

7 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Does anyone have an idea of when CC event may start?

Now that the Festival of Neggs is over I'd say any day now? Though the only answer anyone can really give is ??‍♀️

4 hours ago, Kute said:

I love your enthusiasm for the money tree right now. I wish I was you right now with that mentality. I also completely forgot that Koi warrior gives out some items that are good for CC...  I think its the books or plushies or both. If yall wanna start battling daily. 

*beams across some motivation vibes* ✨

I'm feeling more frustration than enthusiasm for the poor ol' tree right now, lol, all these people beating me to the punch. *shakes fist*

BUT, because of my research yesterday I DID just grab some Rancid Old Meat which I'd have ignored yesterday, so ?? (incidentally; yay, skin-tone emoji rather than yellow, I finally spotted the skin-tone dropdown for the emojis, took me long enough! xD kind of a shame that that white-girl hand kinda looks more like a corpse than anything else but can't win 'em all >_< )

Yup, koi Warrior's my default in the BD; that arena's SO much better for codestones because there's so few arena-specific prizes, but the prizes there are, his included, do have a high percentage of rares. :D

17 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Does anyone have an idea of when CC event may start?

The News said that we have until April 28th to spend our current CC prize shop points, otherwise they will convert over to the 2019 CC prize shop points to spend... so I would say any time past the 29th would be a good guess. Altador Cup starts at the end of May so hopefully we get CC at the start of May to lead into Altador Cup! ?

51 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

The News said that we have until April 28th to spend our current CC prize shop points, otherwise they will convert over to the 2019 CC prize shop points to spend... so I would say any time past the 29th would be a good guess.

Oh, of course! I forgot about that, yeah that totally makes sense. ?

1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

The News said that we have until April 28th to spend our current CC prize shop points, otherwise they will convert over to the 2019 CC prize shop points to spend... so I would say any time past the 29th would be a good guess. Altador Cup starts at the end of May so hopefully we get CC at the start of May to lead into Altador Cup! ?

I have tried the last 3 years to participate in the Altador Cup and I just don't get it. My fingers just can't get it together when playing so this year I am not even going to try. Last year I I tried harder than I had the 2 previous years but for whatever reason I still had problems with the whole concept. Sitting this one out.

11 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I have tried the last 3 years to participate in the Altador Cup and I just don't get it. My fingers just can't get it together when playing so this year I am not even going to try. Last year I I tried harder than I had the 2 previous years but for whatever reason I still had problems with the whole concept. Sitting this one out.

Because of my MS there's all kinds of reasons why Yooyuball is a HUGE struggle for me now, I got to Rank 15 last year from almost exclusively playing Shootout Showdown, you don't have to play Yooyuball to be able to join in. ?

Ooooooh Altador Cup. I'm looking forward to that! Definitely going for All-Star again.

I'm starting to worry I don't have enough items stockpiled to get the boons from CC, assuming that they're returning. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I'm starting to worry I don't have enough items stockpiled to get the boons from CC

Pre-CC nerves really starting to kick in now! ? lol. I'm resisting the urge to start tallying up how much rare stuff I have. I am thankfully finding the resisting pretty easy too, because the idea of going through 93 SDB pages is pretty horrifying. ?

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Because of my MS there's all kinds of reasons why Yooyuball is a HUGE struggle for me now, I got to Rank 15 last year from almost exclusively playing Shootout Showdown, you don't have to play Yooyuball to be able to join in. ?

wow! Well you did really well. I don't  have MS but I do have Parkinson's (along with a lot of other health problems) and although I take medication for this to help control the tremors my hands still shake uncontrollably. So, I try to stay away from any games that have a lot of finger/hand motion that is timed. I think I will be sitting this one out but thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

wow! Well you did really well. I don't  have MS but I do have Parkinson's (along with a lot of other health problems) and although I take medication for this to help control the tremors my hands still shake uncontrollably. So, I try to stay away from any games that have a lot of finger/hand motion that is timed. I think I will be sitting this one out but thanks for the advice.

Ah, yeah I can see that any of the AC games are basically beyond you then aren't they, that's gotta be really frustrating. ?

4 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

Sounds like May is going to be jam packed with stuff for us to do.

Editorial:

Charity Corner can be expected in the next few weeks, followed shortly by Daily Dare and immediately after by the Altador Cup. There will be periods of overlap between the events.

Woohoo, bring on all the fun/stress!! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a time line for CC? I am wondering how long I have to donate items.

3 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Does anyone have a time line for CC? I am wondering how long I have to donate items.

hrtbrk said in the main thread that it ends May 20th. ?

Thanks! I guess I missed the Main tread cause I have been waiting to see comments on CC but haven't seen anything. Am I working on the correct point system?  bThe reasonI ask this is because I am missing points on everything I have discarded so far. I have written down every item I have discarded. Next to the item (on the left I wrote down every point I received from that discard and on the right side of the item I have written how many of that item I discarded. I have been moving bulk from the SDB and here is a *for instance* based on the point system below. I discarded 398 sticky snowballs @ a point value of 8 points each. This should have yeilded me a point value of 3184 points but I received 2864 points. When discarding 28 Rainbow Dung, again based on this point system, I should have received 28 points but I received 25 points. This applies to every item that has been discarding. I have kept track from the first item discarded. I am keeping track like I said above by writing everything down on paper and using a calculator to keep track. I haven't went as far as to add up ALL the points I am missing but I have kept track of every point I received. Here is another example. Before the Sticky Snowball I had discarded 11 Peach Snowballs and had a point value after that discard of 349. Then I started discarding the Sticky Snowballs and after that discard I had a point vaue of 3213which gave me 2864 points on the Snowballs and so on and so forth. I hope this makes sense and I am only discarding 10 items at a time. In the case of the Peach Snowball were I had 11 of them I then discarded the last single snowball to be sure I am only talling the same item for each discard.

r1-r79: 1 point
r80-89: 2 points
r90-97: 6 points
r98-r100: 8 points
r101: 1 point
r102-r179: 4 points
r200: 15 points

I have no idea to be honest. I can't make head nor tail of what you've written there, my brain issues coming RIGHT to the fore. ?

Hopefully someone with fully-functioning grey matter can shed some light for you.

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I have no idea to be honest. I can't make head nor tail of what you've written there, my brain issues coming RIGHT to the fore. ?

Hopefully someone with fully-functioning grey matter can shed some light for you.

I'm sorry, I tried to be as clear as possible. The main point here is I am keeping detailed recods on all the discards and I am not receiving the points I should be getting but again it is based on the point values I listed in the above emai. Maybe the point system I am using is incorrect but if it is correct then I know I can't be the only one not getting all the points I should be getting. Thanks for tying to help though.

3 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I'm sorry, I tried to be as clear as possible. The main point here is I am keeping detailed recods on all the discards and I am not receiving the points I should be getting but again it is based on the point values I listed in the above emai. Maybe the point system I am using is incorrect but if it is correct then I know I can't be the only one not getting all the points I should be getting. Thanks for tying to help though.

No need to apologise. ? For me, it doesn't matter if something is very simple and crystal clear, I often can't understand it, it's just the way things are for me now.

Best of luck getting to the bottom of your problem.