Happy Cybunny Day!

hrtbrk

I haven't even heard of these colors before! I guess I was gone for a couple years though.

Toy looks really good! The outfit is nice too.

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I haven't even heard of these colors before! I guess I was gone for a couple years though.

Toy looks really good! The outfit is nice too.

Toy was released last year at the beginning of 2018 and Oil Painting was released at the start of 2019. ☺️

Oil Paint looks odd. I can definitely see what they were going for, but the visual clutter throws it off. The eyes contrasting with the rest of the face doesn't help.

Toy also looks awkward, but the colour scheme is nice.

That's Van Gogh's Starry Night-inspired, isn't it... this is ALL @Angeló's fault. ?

Having just seen @Robin Hood's zapped Polka Dot Shoyru though,  I'm reserving judgment about this brush; because said Shoyru has made it very plain to me that a naked pet's colour can look a bazillion times better once they're fully-customised!

medium_preview.pngVS.           medium_preview.png

I've always been DEEPLY underwhelmed by the Polka Dot brush, but this looks flippin' adorable!

So yeah, I suppose I now need to try and make the Bun's new colour work, don't I... ?

Though I did manage that pretty EPIC look for the Oil Paint Scorchio, even if I do say so myself:rock::guitar::laugh:

medium_preview.png&key=c2ddf3bac105890b2

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

i didn't realize they would release one so quick 

and that Scorchio is amazing 

I guess they don't have much choice but to get new brushes out fairly quick because there's not many pets left that still need painting in the older colours. ?‍♀️

I WAS very pleased with how the Scorchio turned out :D  but I'd not want to try for another outfit, that's for sure, lol. I've given up with the Bun, too. I might try again at some point, but I'm pretty discouraged right now, nothing so far looks right with it. >_<

• 4 weeks later...

well, the oil paint one is just odd... it's too much of everything, although I can also see the Van Gogh referrence, but it's just overall mess. I wouldn't like to customise it, it would be difficult with the face.

I like the outfit, though hair could have been looking less like a sheaf of hay, more like hair. But I like the make up, tho.

The toy one is cute, but colors are too dramatic and intensive, I'd prefer them more mellow, toned-down... And those red eyes... ? nah

It will definitely be interesting to see where they go with Oil Painting in the future, for other pets. The Van Gogh painting Starry Night is obviously the inspiration here, and it`s difficult to fit the pattern of the painting onto the body of a pet. I think it would have looked nicer (and neater, less busy) if they had put the yellow swirls on the neck ruff (and also the tail perhaps) instead of all over the face and ears. As it is, it looks very busy and there is too much of a difference between the face and the rest of the body. I do quite like the warm, yellow eyes, they fit nicely with the rest of the colour scheme - again, I just wish the yellow swirly parts had been placed differently.

Toy is okay, not that much to say about it, honestly. I can`t help but think how amazing this colour would have been in the old art style. ? Not a fan of yellow, though I do like the combination of purple and yellow. :P I think a blue or purple base with yellow details would have looked better. I also wish the eyes weren`t red -they look a bit creepy.

The clothes are nice, very sweet and feminine, suitable for the species, I think. ? I hate the wig, though, it looks awful.