Back when the faeries used Myspace...

I was wandering through Dr. Sloth's images and found these!

1.gif  10.gif11.gif12.gif13.gif14.gif15.gif16.gif17.gif18.gif

19.gif2.gif20.gif3.gif4.gif5.gif6.gif7.gif8.gif9.gif

Talk about trip down memory lane! These are awesome though, check out those outfits... Fyora as you've NEVER seen her before! 2.gif

Illusen, the Soup Fae and the Librarian sexying it up a bit with the exposed midriffs.

And Baelia! LOL, all cute and gothy which makes total sense for a Grey Faerie, some epic hair there too. ?  20.gif    

Someone had a lot of fun creating these. :D Which are your faves?

My favorites?

From all those I love these three the most:

8.gif7.gif20.gif

Fire Faerie is pretty too though!

17.gif

35 minutes ago, Duma said:

From all those I love these three the most:

8.gif7.gif20.gif

These 3 are particularly epic, aren't they, some excellent poses struck there, ladies! Though the Dark Faerie is maybe just standing like that because she's weighed down by that magnificent mane. ?

I'm kind of confused by there being 2 different dark Faeries? But then Miss. Massive Hair there has no wings, but then neither do 2 of the others... so yeah, I'm confused now. >_<

No Battle faerie either, was she a later addition to the clan then?

30 minutes ago, Angeló said:

6.gif is she really this innocent or is the hair part of the ploy ?

And the hands clasped coyly behind the back! She does still give off a pretty genuine wholesome vibe though, doesn't she, and the braids are cute. :D

Unlike the poor Librarian who looks like she's really just trying a bit too hard to be hot, bless her. 11.gif&key=acea2061e730c11b3071920adea59

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm kind of confused by there being 2 different dark Faeries? But then Miss. Massive Hair there has no wings, but then neither do 2 of the others... so yeah, I'm confused now. >_<

i only see this other one and she does have wings 15.gif

and Taelia without her super heavy coat is sleek !! 7.gifreminds me of this clip 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so2FsA9G7cI

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

only see this other one and she does have wings 15.gif

Yeah she's more obviously Dark Faerie, isn't she, because of her wings, though very subdued in manner and outfit. Interesting that Jhudora doesn't have a doll, unless... no, surely that one isn't meant to be her?? There's no green... it can't be...

26 minutes ago, Angeló said:

and Taelia without her super heavy coat is sleek !! 7.gif

I know, right?! She looks FABULOUS DAHLING, check out that shiny hair, too!

That clip... ?

As someone who doesn't remember those, I can safely say that the newer renditions are vast improvements. Then again, I don't have nostalgia to influence that opinion. :P

44 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

As someone who doesn't remember those, I can safely say that the newer renditions are vast improvements. Then again, I don't have nostalgia to influence that opinion. :P

Haha, I always had mixed feeling about these dolls. I was never into them myself, but it was kinda impossible to avoid them for a while there, the people who used them tended to go seriously over-the-top with the glittery gifs and their little space on the interwubs tended to make your eyes bleed. ?

I am QUITE sure that there'll be Neo shops and look-ups out there, on accounts that have been abandoned for 15+ years, that are FULL of these. Just waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting random visitor. :ph34r:

Oh, and I think I should be actually calling them dollz, lol.

Is this the Tooth Faerie?

image.png.b45614320c9b3e781dc60ae136945a57.png

Or a badly drawn centaur? Or a Faerie with wings in the wrong place?

Not sure who this is 13.gif&key=fa0712b13086dcec280940c9861a0, but surprised Neopets showed so much "leg". Didn't this gal create some controversy over the way she was drawn? 10.gif&key=8f75885e93e68359f7bb4ba8822cb

I think I like Baelia the best. 20.gif&key=181aab0387a1b9b7eaaeb18c6ccd4It is fitting for a Grey Faerie, and I think I see a smile. So, Baelia, dedicating this song to you:

1 hour ago, weezieb3 said:

Looks like a high school girl was sketching these sleazy dollz in US History class.

Maybe that's exactly how they came into being. ? From what I can tell this style of doll was from a doll-maker site called Doll Palace, so absolutely something a girl would be on when she was supposed to be doing her schoolwork. xDD

HA, here you go, have a journey back to 2008 https://web.archive.org/web/20080202130455/http://www.thedollpalace.com/

Enjoy! :lmaosmiley:

26 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Hahaha, I know, right? She seems like a real after-thought to be honest.

As these are in Dr. Sloth's collection they are going to be "official", aren't they, even though some of them - like the leggy one you pointed out - barely look like any faerie. Not some fan-created thing, right? I mean they have the Neopets url. Interesting that they're called badges, I wonder what they were used for.

I think Baelia's my fave too, Taelia looks red carpet ready but I like Baelia's sass, and that song's just the right era isn't it. :D

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

she's an evil dental hygienist who puts people to sleep with gas and then do unthinkable things to them .. like turn their teeth into a chair .. 

again .. a clip 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLKbXuv-xA

I'm loving these backstories, haha. The Tooth Faerie definitely looks straight out of the 90's.

5.gif&key=be4f9d5d00e9a57edc9f1a7383949c

haha i'm loving this nostalgia trip! anyone else remember back in the early 2000s when someone started a petition to remove the faeries' cleavage because they thought it was inappropriate??

51 minutes ago, hystrangea said:

haha i'm loving this nostalgia trip! anyone else remember back in the early 2000s when someone started a petition to remove the faeries' cleavage because they thought it was inappropriate??

I wasn't aware of this, but it doesn't surprise me at all. facepalm.gif

They've never been that overtly cleavage-y, have they?

The most exposed I see on Dr. Sloth is this one.

toothfaerie.gif

AHA! Book of Ages comes to the rescue!

https://bookofages.jellyneo.net/history/old-faeries/

Yeah I'm not seein' anything to get steamed up over here, so I guess it was more puritanical people afraid for their kids' innocence?

1 hour ago, splitting said:

I don't remember the tooth fearie and can't find much info - what is/was it?

As far as I know she's in an RE, but... hmm... yeah, I dunno, lol. I think it's maybe one that's so rare people think it's broken?

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

As far as I know she's in an RE, but... hmm... yeah, I dunno, lol. I think it's maybe one that's so rare people think it's broken?

its broken for real

she hasnt appeared in years

i got an account disabled because of an anime picture i had on my lookup (an angel girl holding a dying guy) and their reasoning was that im displaying p o r n

3 minutes ago, Angeló said:

its broken for real

she hasnt appeared in years

i got an account disabled because of an anime picture i had on my lookup (an angel girl holding a dying guy) and their reasoning was that im displaying p o r n

*sigh*

i think I remember you posting about that on here, I suppose they're never going to not go way over the top in some situations.

The Tooth Faerie will get fixed sooner or later. Maybe once we're all too old to actually have any teeth any more...