I am the luckiest Neopian ever sometimes.

MysteryAF

So I just finished chapter two of NeoQuest II, then I see this pop up:

QJrZcOR.png

At first I thought "Wow, I can sell that for a lot of neopoints!"

But then I remembered, there's an avatar I can get if I have a grey Neopet! :happydance:

0wuRmF4.png

Edited by Robin Hood
Chalendius is no longer a Grey Techo.

@Robin Hood @Rayd1978 You both gonna start selling "relics" that bring people luck? Shreds of your old t-shirts, maybe? Left-over pizza crusts? Old parking tickets?  Mugs that you've drunk from that hasn't since been washed up?

?

Don't mind me, this is entertaining me, thinking of the modern day equivalent to what they did in medieval times. Actually, in this day and age the sponsorship opportunities for the mug option are pretty huge... the company making the mug, whatever you were drinking from it...  kerching!!! 

☕Drink [insert name here] coffee and you too could be as lucky as Ray/Robin! ???

I think I need a bit more caffeine myself. :ph34r:

?

Eh, I don't know on luck, but movie star wears something to an event, item of clothing gets sold to some fan for how many thousands of dollars?    And that's the less creepy side of it all.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:41 AM, Rayd1978 said:

Eh, I don't know on luck, but movie star wears something to an event, item of clothing gets sold to some fan for how many thousands of dollars?    And that's the less creepy side of it all.

Exactly, it's a good thing it would be 100% against the rules - and not really logistically possible anyway - for you to monetise your luck on Neo because can you imagine? The "snake oil" opportunities would abound!

Did some research on Relics not too long ago, playing a game set between the Third and Fourth Crusades.   Interesting stuff, and sorta crazy.

58 minutes ago, Rayd1978 said:

Did some research on Relics not too long ago, playing a game set between the Third and Fourth Crusades.   Interesting stuff, and sorta crazy.

You are not kidding!

My "knowledge" comes in its entirety from Ellis Peters' Brother Cadfael mysteries which are set in the 12th century. (he was a Crusader - 2nd, maybe, going by a brief look at dates on Wiki - before he became a monk at around 40). But they are said to be historically accurate, and there's much shinanigans goes on with regard to relics! From shysters selling fakes, regular citizens being robbed and killed for the relics they possess, to the Church desecrating the graves of saints to be able to take their bones away and have them in their own enclave... pretty intense stuff! Is that the kind of stuff you found out?

Pretty much.

One of the things that caught my interest was Saint Martin of Tours.   Paraphrasing, he cut his cloak in half to give part to a begger, and in the morning the cloak was restored.   The cloak was considered a relic, of fairly minor importance, until it came into the hands of a German king, who rode into battle with the cloak.   The king won, so obviously the cloak, and Saint Martin, gave them victory.   So the king, and the cloak, kept going into battle, and kept winning.   So Martin became a patron saint for the king.   And thus a patron saint for Germany.  And thus a saint for the German people.  And thus a saint for all sorts of things that German people happened to do, which people all over the world happen to do as well.

Was also amused to read about the Hammer of Saint Martin, which was apparently used to smash idols in northern Europe, and in some tales smash giant demons.  And call down lightning.   Huh.  There just happens to be another set of stories from that area about a guy who smashes bad giants with a magic hammer that calls lightning.  But his name was Thor.   Wonder how many legends were 'converted'.