Charity Corner 2019 Begins!

hrtbrk

20 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Also, to others that have requested items I am working on sending them to you now and deleting the items requested so I can post more when I am done. Thanks to everyone for taking these items. I don't care for some and others I won't use so I'm glad I am able to share with others that do want them and will use them. Shoot, just a for instance, I hoard backgrounds. I don't know why I do because I will never use them all since I have more than 200. I do hoard other things but the BG's are the big thing. LOL

Thank you soooo much! That was the most beautiful thing to wake up to today! Can't wait to come up with some new customs.

This is my first CC that I have been able to participate in ? so I have a few questions as I am slightly confused as to what to do. How many points should I be aiming for as I am at over 8000 points. I have TONS of snowballs and clowns. I have been selling them for np, however, should I be using them instead? If you have over 8000 points and are aiming for say 20000...what is the advantage of that? Are there more rewards the higher your points are?

4 minutes ago, FreyaFox said:

This is my first CC that I have been able to participate in ? so I have a few questions as I am slightly confused as to what to do. How many points should I be aiming for as I am at over 8000 points. I have TONS of snowballs and clowns. I have been selling them for np, however, should I be using them instead? If you have over 8000 points and are aiming for say 20000...what is the advantage of that? Are there more rewards the higher your points are?

So starters, read through this guide... http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/charity-2019/ 

At the bottom it lists out the possible prizes, and kinda decide what you want to get.  For example I want bank bribery, Cheaper bu the dozen, and avatar goldmine.  Together, those cost 21K.  I won't make it there, but that is a goal.  It just depends if you would rather have extra money or more boons. 

If you still have the candlelit walkway, I'm sure I could put it to use ❤️  

Aside from that. . . I reinstalled ghoul catchers on my phone to make up the neopoints I spent when I got entirely too frustrated trying to buy rarity 101 items ?  I figure it should only take me a month or so to make the np back, and since I'm definitely going for the bank bribery, I should be able to get plenty of extra interest to go along with it.

For anyone who's still donating, check out these tips:

hNkJqp0.png

This makes the process so much faster. I had actually tried using the TAB key to donate just like last year, but I was hitting ENTER instead of SPACEBAR (cause I'm an idiot) and I thought that trick didn't work.  Turns out it does! Also, I never would've thought of going back on my browser.

I'm now at 10k points. 1k more to get all the perks I want.

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

If you still have the candlelit walkway, I'm sure I could put it to use ❤️  

Aside from that. . . I reinstalled ghoul catchers on my phone to make up the neopoints I spent when I got entirely too frustrated trying to buy rarity 101 items ?  I figure it should only take me a month or so to make the np back, and since I'm definitely going for the bank bribery, I should be able to get plenty of extra interest to go along with it.

It's on the way and just a reminder I am removing items I no longer have and replacing them with different items so if you see it then it is still available.

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

image.png.92efdeacc4363e6b3782879d43d353e4.pngHm.  I may need to pick up a better background for Spicewing.  It'll look great once I save up for a paintbrush for him, though!  Thank you!

That looks great! It makes me think of back-stage at a theatre or similar. :D

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

image.png.92efdeacc4363e6b3782879d43d353e4.pngHm.  I may need to pick up a better background for Spicewing.  It'll look great once I save up for a paintbrush for him, though!  Thank you!

I love this, it looks so great!

So I'm officially done now; I donated another 4 items today to bring my total up to a round number, and to have given stuff every day, though I don't imagine that's going to count for anything, but you never know do you...

I went to Atsumi to say Mornin' and do my final donate through her, and it didn't work. facepalm.gif

So much for that then, back to quick discard it was! xD

And now, let us see just how many Sticky Snowballs I can collect before next year's. ?

Thank you ❤️  

I dunno.  Don't they change the rarity needed each year?  Would it really help to get all of one, or would it be better to diversify?  Like with the stocks.

Also, HOW do some of the people get so many items?  Like a few of the shops I was visiting had hundreds of a dozen high rarity things.  I mean I think one may have been a cheater (had site awards from 2008, yet the badge said they'd been playing 20-something months. . .) but is that possible?  I apparently am going about making np the wrong way.

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

So I'm officially done now; I donated another 4 items today to bring my total up to a round number, and to have given stuff every day, though I don't imagine that's going to count for anything, but you never know do you...

I went to Atsumi to say Mornin' and do my final donate through her, and it didn't work. facepalm.gif

So much for that then, back to quick discard it was! xD

And now, let us see just how many Sticky Snowballs I can collect before next year's. ?

Are you sure you are finished?

In case anyone didn't notice, it looks like the FAQ has been updated, and please note:

9) For how long will the 'Living with Less' program be available?

The Living with Less program will start on the 6th of May at 10:00:00 NST and end on 27th of May at 23:59:59 NST.

So, it looks like we still have another week of donating, that is, of course, if you still have items to donate ?!!!

Charity Corner 2019 officially ends on 27 May 2019, at 23:59:59.

I just broke the 10000 point mark!

Oh, and I finally figured out what avatars In a New Avatar can give you: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2019/perks/faq.phtml

Oh, I didn't even notice! JN's avatar checklist lets you filter by missing In a New Avatar avatars! That's helpful.

I'm missing 5, but they're all ones I could get if I did something on a certain day.

4 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

In case anyone didn't notice, it looks like the FAQ has been updated, and please note:

So, it looks like we still have another week of donating, that is, of course, if you still have items to donate ?!!!

Charity Corner 2019 officially ends on 27 May 2019, at 23:59:59.

Man! I was so looking forward to midnight and being done with this event. I know I can stop at any time BUT I know I won't until it's over!

7 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

LOL, I guess not then!! I'll donate another 100 points-worth over the next week. ?

7 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Oh, I didn't even notice! JN's avatar checklist lets you filter by missing In a New Avatar avatars! That's helpful.

Oh! Now that IS helpful. I'm fairly sure I'm not going to be able to make use of this perk, but checking through a great long list was way more than my brain could cope with, so this is an absolute god-send! Thank you so much for mentioning it, Robin!! ?

*tries it out*

skeith_clap.gif

You need 0 avatars to finish off your list!

And there we go, that was 100% painless. JN are on top of their game, aren't they. :D

12 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I dunno.  Don't they change the rarity needed each year?  Would it really help to get all of one, or would it be better to diversify?  Like with the stocks.

It COULD turn out to be a waste, but because it's such a small outlay for such a large pay-out I'm willing to take the risk.

They've stuck to the everything-but-retired-items format for 2 years now, I think they'd be more likely to include those in coming years rather than remove something that's currently donatable. Especially if r100 items became invalid for the event wouldn't that mean they'd have to have gone back to r99 being the highest that could be used, and that would prevent a MASSIVE amount of stuff from being got rid of, which would kind of defeat the object of the exercise.

So - bearing in mind this is JS we're talking about so them doing something utterly absurd is always a strong possibility - I've got to file this under "surely they wouldn't... ". So I guess it's a 50/50 risk really. (no faith in JS at all) ?

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

So - bearing in mind this is JS we're talking about so them doing something utterly absurd is always a strong possibility - I've got to file this under "surely they wouldn't... ". So I guess it's a 50/50 risk really. (no faith in JS at all) ?

A company called NetDragon acquired JumpStart back in July 2017... I wonder if that's relevant in any way? Are they running Neopets better or worse? Yeeeaaaaahhhh I'm getting off-topic.

I'm starting to think maybe I should go for Bank Bribery and Perk Me Up since I won't make it to 18k for Bank Bribery and Cheaper By The Dozen. Then I could try to scrounge up some points for In a New Avatar so I don't have to wait so long to get those. ?

Hmm, I wonder if I can redeem In a New Avatar more than once. It says Duration : 1 Time, but I don't know if they mean if I redeem it then I get one avatar each time I get it, or if I can redeem it once and that's it. I assume it's the latter though.

@Robin Hood I'm not sure that NetDragon have had much of a noticable impact tbh, it still seems to have been the usual level of ineptness from TNT. ?‍♀️

That avatar perk's gonna be just the once. Unless you get the Perk Me Up that lets you use one again. I'm personally not trying ANY of those until there's plenty of documented info from other people about 'em >_<

It IS good to know that there'll be no points roll-over again though, so you know exactly what to aim for now.

How far away are you from 18k then for the two you really wanted?

Sell that lab map piece you got! That's worth over 300k ? Buy up ALL the r100 items. ?

3 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

I hope it is just one time.  I so am not interested in donating more, even though it appears it is possible.

I'm just giving another 100 points-worth for neatness, a bit every day just in case... I'm 99.9% sure they won't have a donated-every-day prize, but I don't like to risk it. ?

B-but we were done... ?

36 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm just giving another 100 points-worth for neatness, a bit every day just in case... I'm 99.9% sure they won't have a donated-every-day prize, but I don't like to risk it. ?

That's what I'm going to do too (although I think I'll stick to 10 points a day), just in case.

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

That's what I'm going to do too (although I think I'll stick to 10 points a day), just in case.

We're all just SO superstitious, aren't we. ?

On 5/20/2019 at 11:52 AM, jellysundae said:

If you buy one every half-hour . you will get 48 / per day 

this means , in 365 days , you should technically have 17520 Sticky Snowballs

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@Robin Hood I'm not sure that NetDragon have had much of a noticable impact tbh, it still seems to have been the usual level of ineptness from TNT. ?‍♀️

That avatar perk's gonna be just the once. Unless you get the Perk Me Up that lets you use one again. I'm personally not trying ANY of those until there's plenty of documented info from other people about 'em >_<

It IS good to know that there'll be no points roll-over again though, so you know exactly what to aim for now.

How far away are you from 18k then for the two you really wanted?

Sell that lab map piece you got! That's worth over 300k ? Buy up ALL the r100 items. ?

Is it even worth it by that point if I'm spending 300k to get there? I'm still 7653 points away and I've virtually cleared out my SDB.

I'll consider the 300k as a consolation prize for not making it there. ?

Oh, if I got 153 more points, I could get Bank Bribery, In a New Avatar, and Perk Me Up. That's what I'm considering doing.

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

If you buy one every half-hour . you will get 48 / per day 

this means , in 365 days , you should technically have 17520 Sticky Snowballs

Too bad we're human beings and not robots. ?

3 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

Is is even worth it by that point if I'm spending 300k to get there? I'm still 7653 points away and I've virtually cleared out my SDB.

I'll consider the 300k as a consolation prize for not making it there. ?

Have you also cleared out all the doubles and extras from your Storage Shed, Classic Neo Home and Closet? I got rid of a lot of extra stuff I hadn't given any thought to and I found a ot of double and triple items in the Closet.