Charity Corner 2019 Begins!

hrtbrk

11 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Have you also cleared out all the doubles and extras from your Storage Shed, Classic Neo Home and Closet? I got rid of a lot of extra stuff I hadn't given any thought to and I found a ot of double and triple items in the Closet.

Uhhhhh....

storageshed.PNG.7efb594e1ab946cd95c7e3ae0e0873e8.PNG

Obviously not! ?

Thanks for the advice! I didn't even consider that! I got 398 points from that. ?

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

If you buy one every half-hour . you will get 48 / per day 

this means , in 365 days , you should technically have 17520 Sticky Snowballs

You'd also be dead because you haven't slept for a year. ?

I'm hoping for about 10 a day.

7 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Is it even worth it by that point if I'm spending 300k to get there? I'm still 7653 points away and I've virtually cleared out my SDB.

I'll consider the 300k as a consolation prize for not making it there. ?

Oh, if I got 153 more points, I could get Bank Bribery, In a New Avatar, and Perk Me Up. That's what I'm considering doing.

Too bad we're human beings and not robots. ?

Only you can decide if it's worth it :snitch:

153 points more is totally do-able though! :D

Yeah, I decided it's worth it. I spent 100k on over two thousand r101 items. It took forever, but it shot me all the way to 15k.

I'll play Ghoul Catchers tomorrow so I can spend another 50k without feeling like I'm wasting NPs, but I am burnt out and tired right now from monotonously clicking through hundreds of shops buying Old Rotten Left Boots. ?

I'm now at nearly 15,000 points which makes me think I should get to 18,000 which is then a slippery slope to 21,000, but so far I've only spent NP on sticky snowballs - everything else has just been crap piling up in my SDB for the past 9 years. OH MAN I should check the SDB on my side - might be some stuff in there.

You have earned yourself 18000 points

:happydance:

I will make sure to be more prepared next year (psst, from sticky snowballs).

I'm glad I participated though, now I know what it entails so I can prepare better.

4 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

You have earned yourself 18000 points

:happydance:

I will make sure to be more prepared next year (psst, from sticky snowballs).

I'm glad I participated though, now I know what it entails so I can prepare better.

For someone who thought hitting that figure was impossible, you did good! :D

I'm working on my sticky snowball hoard for next year, yup!

AANNND

When I went to take a look at how many I've got so far...

image.png.c8f9da3f4f62d1d41716522c300bcff5.png

So your luck IS working for others, Robin!! ?

Hey everyone, I just noticed this on the JN "In a New Avatar" checklist:

Korbat - Royal

Korbat - Royal / Fonts

Have your account's gender set as FEMALE and visit the pet lookup of a RoyalGIRL Korbat to receive the MALE avatar. You can only have this or the Royalgirl Korbat avatar, not both. (Except if you got lucky during Charity Corner 2018.)

This avatar is obtainable from the 2019 Charity Corner perk, In a New Avatar.

Released: October 26, 2005

It would appear that (though I might be wrong) if you only have one or the other of these avatars, then you could potentially get the other one through In a New Avatar! I thought I should let people know just in case it helps. ?

1 hour ago, Robin Hood said:

Hey everyone, I just noticed this on the JN "In a New Avatar" checklist:

Korbat - Royal

Korbat - Royal / Fonts

Have your account's gender set as FEMALE and visit the pet lookup of a RoyalGIRL Korbat to receive the MALE avatar. You can only have this or the Royalgirl Korbat avatar, not both. (Except if you got lucky during Charity Corner 2018.)

This avatar is obtainable from the 2019 Charity Corner perk, In a New Avatar.

Released: October 26, 2005

It would appear that (though I might be wrong) if you only have one or the other of these avatars, then you could potentially get the other one through In a New Avatar! I thought I should let people know just in case it helps. ?

Ooh! This is definitely something to file under "wait until someone else tries it", isn't it! /coward

Hopefully a lot of the perks will get good solid info added to them in the guides as brave souls put their points on the line for the rest of us. ?

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

i got this one last year

i remember i was overjoyed bcz i've always wanted both avatars :)

I have both of them as well thanks to the perk last year.

What I'm wondering is this:

8. Which avatars are affected by the ‘Avatar Goldmine’ perk, and how much more likely am I to get one of those avatars?

Your chance of getting the following avatars is increased by 200% while this perk is active:
High Roller
Edna – Cackle!
Lever of Doom
Snowager – Rawr!

So, an increase of 200%? So anything that has a chance of 0.5% or higher would mean you automatically get it? There's only two of those 4 that I need (Edna and Snowy) and I have no clue how low their chances are, so I'm not really sure if it will be worth it to spend 3k points on it.

I'm really sad that Deserted Tomb, Brightvale and Aisha Scalawag aren't in the list ?

4 hours ago, Duma said:

I have both of them as well thanks to the perk last year.

What I'm wondering is this:

So, an increase of 200%? So anything that has a chance of 0.5% or higher would mean you automatically get it? There's only two of those 4 that I need (Edna and Snowy) and I have no clue how low their chances are, so I'm not really sure if it will be worth it to spend 3k points on it.

I'm really sad that Deserted Tomb, Brightvale and Aisha Scalawag aren't in the list ?

I interpreted it as "being twice as likely" to get it; so if you'd usually have a 0.5% chance of getting it, you'd have 1% chance of getting it now. But I might be wrong. (I'm considering getting this perk, as I'm getting frustrated with that stupid Lever of Doom, but I'll wait a while before picking perks like this, to see what other people's experiences are.)

@Robin Hood Just so you know, this event has been known to change quite a bit over the years, so there's no guarantee it'll be the same next time. (Not that you shouldn't prepare, if you want to, but it's a good thing to remember there might be different requirements next time around, to prevent disappointment.)

I'm glad it ends tonight! I think the extra week was an extra week to long. It should have ended when it was originally supposed to. Yes I know it gave everyone that extra time for more points but that's just how I feel about it.

7 hours ago, Nielo said:

@Robin Hood Just so you know, this event has been known to change quite a bit over the years, so there's no guarantee it'll be the same next time. (Not that you shouldn't prepare, if you want to, but it's a good thing to remember there might be different requirements next time around, to prevent disappointment.)

Yeah I know, I thought I'd let people know just in case.

12 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

If it wasn't for the extra week, I would've only had 8000 points as opposed to 18500.

2 hours ago, Hanso said:

I for one won't complain about the extra week. Gave me enough time to (somehow) make it to 21500 points.

Yes, I know, I said it gave members a chance to get in the extra points but I still think the extra week was to long. JMO I'm happy for you all that you were able to get all the points you got. I ended up with 22103 but earned the majority of those points before they added the extra week.

Me being on Neo all the time really shows here, I think, with me managing to get 40200 points. The 200 was in the extra week; giving things each day just to ward off any attack of participation prize failure. ? I totally don't expect there to be a prize for giving every day, but why take the risk. ?‍♀️

I wonder if my points total is also because of my diligence with grabbing r90+ items from the Money Tree for the year before... now that @Robin Hood's got me onto Sticky Snowballs I wonder how much I'll manage to get next year! They're really such a no-brainer, even if TNT changes things up again and they're not of value the cost of them is so small that it's totally of no consequence. :D

The only reason I was irritated about the extra week is that on the last day, I got panicky, and spent nearly 1 million NP buying rarer items to get up to my goal number of points . . .  This thing IS ending soon, though, right?  I want to get my bank bribery!

Now that it's over, I'm stuck here considering what I really want to spend my points on. My bank balance is sitting at about 25mil right now, so stocks are definitely better bang for my buck than the increased interest, but ... i just WANT the increased interest! I only made it to just shy of 16,000 after exhausting my SDB, so I can't have both. I'm struggling with this.

I have a few of questions... is the perks open? How do I get there? and I saw that I have 184 points leftover from last year so is that already added to my total points I earned this time or how do I add them? (OK I know that was more than a few).

36 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I have a few of questions... is the perks open? How do I get there? and I saw that I have 184 points leftover from last year so is that already added to my total points I earned this time or how do I add them? (OK I know that was more than a few).

Perk Shop not open, yet. When it is, I'm sure TDN will post a "News" announcement, along with a link. From my understanding, your leftover points, from last year, weren't added to your total points earned. Again, only my understanding, so I may be wrong. We will find that out, when the Perk Shop opens. I have 445 "carry over" points from last year, and earned 12563. If the 445 is added, then I should have 13008 points. I'll post my total points, when the shop opens. Hope this helps.

Hi, I thought I might take a minute to remind everyone that on page 6 I have NC items I am giving away.  I just now added almost 20 new items to the list. I wish I knew how to bring it forward to the current page but I don't. Everything is current so if you see it then I still have it. Send me a neo message if you see something you like. Thanks for looking everyone!

UPDATE: I have added again a lot more items to give away. I do only have 2 boxes left BUT please request any items that you may want because I will get them from Trudy's Surprise and as you message me I write down your user name and the items you want so there will be no mistake YOU WILL GET THE ITEMS YOU REQUEST. As I get requests for items even if I don't have boxes to send them to you right away I will remove the requested items from the post on page 6 and add new items. I assure you that if you request item(s) from me you will receive them. Request as many as you like. No limit. Thanks again for taking this stuff off my hands.

Edited by Granny63020

I didn't get the NP or NC... perhaps I'll have it when I wake up. I'm still unfamiliar with how certain things work on this.