Charity Corner 2019 Begins!

hrtbrk

On 5/6/2019 at 8:39 PM, hrtbrk said:

image.png

Whoa, who's that! Has Granny been spending all our previous donations on mega-tons of surgery??!! ?

9 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Whoa, who's that! Has Granny been spending all our previous donations on mega-tons of surgery??!! ?

Haha, yeah I was a bit thrown off by the new host for CC this year, but then once I read thru the event info and the backstory, I realized this is actually just a shameless Marie Kondo ripoff, all the way down to making the host character from Shenkuu, :rolleyes:

Anyway, just wanted to share some info here: the new CC Avatar is already active, it appears to be triggered upon 100 items donated. (I read 100 donations in one of the guides, but I have just donated in lots of 10 items each donation so far, and when I returned to the Hub page to pull the lever on my 11th donation there it was!) so I just wanted to note that it seems to be earned thru 100 items donated, not 100 separate uses of the donation machine.

Something Has Happened!
charitycorner2019.gif You are now eligible to use 'Charity Corner 2019' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

And with that, I'm off to start purging the SDB... Happy CC everyone!!

Donation points seem to be glitching for me. I donated 10 R92's and was only given 10 points. Donated 1 R92 and got 6 points, which is correct. Tried it again at 10 items, because I thought I may have misread the points given me, and again only 10 points! 

So been gypped out of 100 points so far ?

Ok, I'll either stop donating for now, or give just 1 point stuff and see if that behaves.

I think the Marie Kondo thing is hysterical ? just the kind of idea old-TNT would have had, I think, and now I'm gonna go throw some obsidian about!

26 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Donation points seem to be glitching for me. I donated 10 R92's and was only given 10 points. Donated 1 R92 and got 6 points, which is correct. Tried it again at 10 items, because I thought I may have misread the points given me, and again only 10 points! 

So been gypped out of 100 points so far ?

I had the same thing happen! I donated 10 items and got 0 points for it. Disappointed it's already glitching ?

Well, hopefully the glitches will be fixed and retroactively award points >_>  

That aside, holy lag, Batman!  I haven't had the site react this slowly for me in ages.  Guess I'll figure out something else to do for a while, and go on later tonight.

I think it only shows the accurate point total after refreshing the page. (You're getting the correct amount of points, but it's only shown when viewing the total by clicking the orange button; the points per donation (when clicking the tray) don't seem to be correct.)

(However, it's currently not taking my items at all, so there's definitely some glitching going on.)

Hmm! Before I really get started, let's have an SDB tally...

Items: 2,818 | Qty: 20,026

94 pages.

Let's see how much joy I've sparked by the end of this!!

~~~

Ok, first gripe from me. It seems that navigating away to do something else while the animation runs doesn't work. It's just like Trudy and waits for you to come back before completing. ?

BUUTTT, it seems it's only the CC process that's slowww. BDing in another tab wasn't affected. ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I realized this is actually just a shameless Marie Kondo ripoff, all the way down to making the host character from Shenkuu, :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Ok, I'll either stop donating for now, or give just 1 point stuff and see if that behaves.

I think the Marie Kondo thing is hysterical ? just the kind of idea old-TNT would have had, I think, and now I'm gonna go throw some obsidian about!

Haha, yeah I thought of Marie as soon as I saw the page.

33 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I think it only shows the accurate point total after refreshing the page. (You're getting the correct amount of points, but it's only shown when viewing the total by clicking the orange button; the points per donation (when clicking the tray) don't seem to be correct.)

(However, it's currently not taking my items at all, so there's definitely some glitching going on.)

Yep, this from JN

"Note: The text display of how many points you earned can be incorrect if you donate in bulk, however the correct amount of points is being added to your total."

I find it harder and harder each event to not complain about something but they certainly didn't make it any easier to donate items this year. 

Carpal tunnel here I come!

Negativity aside, I'm really digging the game avatar and food club perks. Hopefully I'll have enough points to get everything I want this time.

The good:

Some of the new perks are pretty cool

We'll be able to spend our leftover points from 2018 on this year's perk shop

The bad:

The new method of donation is a major pain in the butt. 

Points are not being displayed properly

"Atsumi" is just Mirsha Grelinek with different clothes

No NC perk this time around?

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Angeló said:

how do you donate ? I don't understand it

click on the item in your inventory and hit the yellow button.

A tip I saw on the boards for faster donation. Take a bunch of the same item out of your SDB, scroll to the bottom of your inventory and click on the last item, then hit "I don't need it" real quick 10 times (before it can refresh) it'll put all 10 in the machine if you're lucky.

@Hanso NC stuff in a few days, I'm sure I saw somewhere...

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

@Hanso NC stuff in a few days, I'm sure I saw somewhere...

Yeah, the NC component of the event is coming. But I was referring to the perk that gave you NC in exchange for points:

Glam Up

Description: Get 300 NC and finally buy those clothing items you've been longing for.

Cost: 10,000 points

Which does not appear in this year's perk shop :sad:

10 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

click on the item in your inventory and hit the yellow button.

A tip I saw on the boards for faster donation. Take a bunch of the same item out of your SDB, scroll to the bottom of your inventory and click on the last item, then hit "I don't need it" real quick 10 times (before it can refresh) it'll put all 10 in the machine if you're lucky.

Thank you

yeah i tried the trick an it worked

but how do i know how many points i have ? or how many items i donated in total ?

3 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Thank you

yeah i tried the trick an it worked

but how do i know how many points i have ? or how many items i donated in total ?

Click the orange button on the machine (refresh first) for your points.

I don't think there is a tally for the amount of items given.

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Click the orange button on the machine (refresh first) for your points.

I don't think there is a tally for the amount of items given.

Yah !! ok .. thanks .. i really don't like this method .. it's too slow and time consuming 

Still i managed 

Something Has Happened!
charitycorner2019.gif You are now eligible to use 'Charity Corner 2019' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I really like this avatar

No-one's asking the REALLY important question...

WHERE ARE OUR ITEMS GOING??!!

What is that machine? A portal onto another planet that's gonna be 10 miles deep in cra... rubbish, by the time this event ends?

A de-materialiser?

Is our stuff just poofing out of existence?

Is it a controllable BLACK HOLE!!! ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Thanks so much for sharing the tip! If it was going to take as long as it had for the first 100+ items I did, I was probably not going to actually participate all that much. It's been loading so slow. But that tip just made it so much more bearable.