What did you study in high school/college?

luckyhelen

In college I started off as a nursing student and then changed my major to addiction counseling. Now I'm looking to get my Master's degree and I have no idea what I want to get it in. 

I'm a music major!   *insert smiley with pompoms*  I just found out today that my petition to study at the local university was accepted.  I want to minor in Chinese, and if I can ever get into grad school, I'll be doing historical musicology.  Way too old to be starting my BA, but what can you do, right?  

I'll just have to find a job with said degree at some point, which will be the hard part.

I have a Master's degree in film studies, which is completely useless, so I went back to college a few years ago to do a training program to become a software engineer. (I went from having zero job prospects to getting multiple messages from recruiters a week - super weird.)

I never got to progress to higher education, ah well. I wonder if I had whether I'd have made the right choices though... I'm not sure that I would, or more honestly, that I'd have been allowed by my mum to do what I wanted, she absolutely didn't let me pick the subjects I wanted to pursue at secondary school...

I started majoring in physics, but didn't care for some of the viewpoints when I got to the higher levels.   Mostly the attitude of:
'These formula are FACT.   They are how the universe Really Works.'
'But they don't match up with real world data.'
'Then the real world is WRONG.'

That's not science, that's religion.

I switched majors to philosophy, where things tended to be 'I don't know what's right.   Here's a list of things I thought were right, and how I proved they were wrong.   Here's a couple things that might be right, arguments for why they might not be, and a couple counter arguments.'

Then I ended up taking too many classes I wanted, rather than classes I needed to graduate, and ended up dropping out with no degree.

B.S. Mathematics - graduating tomorrow!  Debt free! I also have a certification for teaching grades 7 through 12 coming within the next few weeks!

Biomedical and then Human Development. I have an associates in Individual Studies (basically liberal arts with a more science focus)

On 5/9/2019 at 8:49 PM, GillyTook said:

I'm a music major!   *insert smiley with pompoms*  I just found out today that my petition to study at the local university was accepted.  I want to minor in Chinese, and if I can ever get into grad school, I'll be doing historical musicology.  Way too old to be starting my BA, but what can you do, right?  

I'll just have to find a job with said degree at some point, which will be the hard part.

Too old to start your BA? Never! You're never too old to do something that improves your life on one level or another.