Popular Colors?

Rayd1978

So on rare occasion I grab a pet from the pound, feed it until bloated, play with it until Delighted, and then put it back for someone else.    I've considered some battledome training, but haven't bothered.    I'd like to paint them in a color to catch attention, up the chances of them getting adopted.   My original plan was to give them a dip in the Magma Pool, have them be a neat Magma paint, but apparently that just turns to red when they head back into the pound.
I just happened to win a free paintjob from the Grey Fairy quest, and am perfectly happy with my main pet's look.   So grabbed a pet form the pound to paint.... and realized I have no idea what sort of paint jobs other people like.    I ended up with a Darigan Chia, which I hope ends well, but should something ever pop up again, what paint jobs are popular?   What sort of look do other folks generally like, that will up the chances of the pet being adopted?

Not really sure if there's a definitive answer to this question - it's probably quite subjective. I'm guessing pets that are painted a rare (/expensive) colour (like Stealth or Candy) will quite easily find a new home, but many others will probably do really well too. Here's a list of pet/colour combos in The Neopian Times that the writer deems most appealing. This random (old) forum thread also discusses popular colours (and species), but judging by the amount of colours listed, I'm guessing it really just depends on who you're asking. :smile:

I feel it's easier to say which ones won't get adopted quickly vs what will. I believe plain colors, starry, spotted, glowing, snot, christmas, pirate, and invisible (lol) are on the bottom of the desire totem pole. Almost everything else sits in the middle. Robot and royal are at the very top along with avatar pets (Orange Grundo, Halloween Lupe, Halloween Ruki, etc.). Transparents are a good one too.

I am personally a huge fan of Woodland and wraith.

Just curious about the spotted- why would that be on the low end (in your opinion, of course)? I've been wanting a spotted paint brush, but they're hard to find and expensive. Just because of the morphing potions maybe? I'm trying to get a spotted lupe, which is why I'm curious ha. I personally would add split to that list too. 

On 5/12/2019 at 11:44 PM, Kidme said:

Just curious about the spotted- why would that be on the low end (in your opinion, of course)? I've been wanting a spotted paint brush, but they're hard to find and expensive. Just because of the morphing potions maybe? I'm trying to get a spotted lupe, which is why I'm curious ha. I personally would add split to that list too. 

It's exactly due to the morphing potions, It's funny because the spotted color is popular for Lupe and Gelert. I personally wanted a dalmation-looking Gelert too at some point. I forgot about splits and would add that to low tier as well.

*I would like to revise my opinion on invisible. I see the appeal of the invisible color when it comes to customization and thus, is not on the bottom of the totem pole.

Edited by Greywindd

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have adopted a sketch techo & a disco grarrl from the pound & about 11 years ago, a purple grundo. back then people weren't as generous so this kind of thing really makes me happy!

what I've seen in my time on here as "least desirable" aka doesn't get swooped up immediately - disco, starry, split, spotted, Christmas.