How do I fix this in chrome?

Kute

When you open items in the inventory a little neopets window opens up for the item selected. but when I do that with chrome it opens in a new large tab. How do I make it be the little window instead of the tab ?

That's very weird... I've googled this issue, but most people seem to have the opposite problem (they actually want pop-ups to open in tabs), and there's even an add-on which provides this functionality. Is there any chance you might have this extension installed?

I'm not certain because I don't use Chrome, but shouldn't Pop-ups and redirects be set to Allowed on Neopets?

3 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I'm not certain because I don't use Chrome, but shouldn't Pop-ups and redirects be set to Allowed on Neopets?

I occasionally use Chrome for Neopets (mostly when I do stuff on my side accounts), but I just checked my settings, and I have pop-ups and redirects blocked as well, yet I have no issue getting the pop-up to open as a pop-up, instead of a tab. ?

My Chrome settings look exactly the same. Do you have any extensions that involve tabs or windows? I would try clearing cookies + cache too. Does this happen if you were to use another browser?

Did you pin the tab? Because opening any link on a pinned page will open as a tab as well.

What do you mean by pin the tab?  I dont know about the extensions. I have some for neopets. a text highlighter. ad block. 

Also when I use safari the little window opens up and not a tab. 

1 hour ago, Kute said:

What do you mean by pin the tab?

If you right-click on a tab you have open (on the actual tab, not anywhere else on the page) one of the options you see should be pin tab. Live dangerously, click it and see what happens. :snitch:

It won't explode or anything (unless that's a particular feature of your browser?) and another click un-does it, it's a handy feature because that tab should be there the next time you open up your browser. I used to keep several pinned but I'd forgotten about this function to be honest. ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

If you right-click on a tab you have open (on the actual tab, not anywhere else on the page) one of the options you see should be pin tab. Live dangerously, click it and see what happens. :snitch:

It won't explode or anything (unless that's a particular feature of your browser?) and another click un-does it, it's a handy feature because that tab should be there the next time you open up your browser. I used to keep several pinned but I'd forgotten about this function to be honest. ?

Oh thats neat. I feel like that spongebob episode where he deletes everytihng in his mind... like my brain no longer knows how to technology the way it used to when i was younger  image.png.e0c3be45653e0bd43951c81f0745d554.png . but no i dont use pins. 

You could try "Restore settings to their original defaults", in Chrome. Please note, this may happen, when you do:

This will reset your startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies. Your bookmarks, history and saved passwords will not be cleared. Learn more

To do so:

1. Open Chrome.

2. Click on the three vertical "dots", located near the top, right corner of Chrome.

3. Select "Settings".

4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "Advanced".

5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, again, and click "Restore settings to their original defaults".

6. You will receive a message, as quoted above. Click "Reset settings".

If that doesn't help, then, if it was me, I'd uninstall Chrome, reboot, and download/install Chrome from Chrome's website.

Hopefully, one of those will get the Neopets "Inventory" pop-ups working again.